Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

What would you change about Jack? [ENDED] by corrosive_limes

Artist corrosive_limes [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

What would you change about Jack? [ENDED]

Postby corrosive_limes » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:00 pm

This is now over! I have decided on Jack's new official design.
I will update the post with his updated design once a proper reference is made for him.

So this is something I've been debating doing for a while, and finally decided to do it.
First off let's get one thing clear:
This is just to see what ideas people have for revamping his design. Chances are, there will not be a definitive winner unless I really like their revamp idea that much. However, that doesn't mean there won't be prizes. They'll be listed below.

So I couldn't help but notice that compared to the rest of the deities of my characters' universe, Jack seemed rather...plain, in comparison. I'll add links to some of the other deities below for comparison.
This is his current design, but I'm considering revamping him. I still haven't decided if I'm going to, but if I do, I want to have a couple ideas.
[img-]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2406863&size=large&format=png&rev=1448519982[/img]
Helena, Alexandria, Giovanni, Enigma, and Tanith are the other five deities.

Chances are there won't be a definitive winner, but there will be a participation prize, and if I do decide to revamp Jack and I use parts of your redesign for design inspiration, you will get an additional bonus. The participation prize will be a wishlist pet of yours, though nothing above an uncommon. If I don't have any wishlist pets of yours, you will instead get 1 or 2 C$ depending on how many entries this contest gets. The bonus for me using parts of your design in a revamp of Jack would be additional wishlist pets, possibly a rare or two if I have any on your wishlist, and/or wishlist items and C$.

Onto the rules ~

Line art rules / general rules -
- Do not remove my signature under any circumstances. If it is no longer visible due to a change in background color or is otherwise covered, move it and/or change its color to make it visible.
- Don't color in your own characters using the line art, as it is for a competition, not for reference purposes. [However, I may make it an editable later]
- Please add me to your entry when you're done so that I can see his design without wings and hair and other such stuff like that.

Design rules / notes of importance -
- DO NOT CHANGE HIS DESIGN TO THE POINT IT'S UNRECOGNIZABLE AS JACK.
- PLEASE keep the black / dark grey base and keep some kind of contrasting white marking.
- Keep the diamond somewhere in his design.
- Please don't change the eyes too much, as in keep the general color and don't swap the sides they're on. You may add to it, but please keep the purple and grey/silver and make sure the purple is his right eye and the grey/silver is his left [i.e. the way they are now]. They're like that for a reason.
- Please don't add items, accessories, or any other line edits/mutations. I can take care of all that later.
- Keep in mind that he does in fact have children and grandchildren, so if possible check his design against theirs to make sure they at least look somewhat related.
- Jack is not a good person, do NOT use pastel colors in his design please. Jack is in a way, the devil. He's not a good or nice person at all, so please do not use pastel colors in his design. However, it might be alright to use light/pastel colors in his eyes.
- Please don't use bright or neon colors.
- Do not remove his wings or hair. [You can of course hide the layers temporarily to see the base more clearly, but remember to add them back in when you're done.]
- If it helps anything, his theme song is When You're Evil by the band Voltaire. It might help if you need inspiration ^^ I can also write out a bit more about his personality and backstory if it helps, just ask ^^
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What would you change about Jack?

Postby Lady_Novianti » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Oh! SO, we can just go ahead and edit? :D
Lady_Novianti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:03 pm

Yes, but be sure to check over the rules and such first as this is a competition to revamp a character, not an editable or a competition to make a new character ^^
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Novianti » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Yup! Read everything ;)
Lady_Novianti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Alright, cool c:
_
-

they/them
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Novianti » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Could I add some light-er greys, not super light, but not dark. More of This?
Lady_Novianti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:39 am

Yes, that would be fine
_
-

they/them
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blossom Birchwood » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:21 pm

entered!
Blossom Birchwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:16 am

Up
_
-

they/them
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:54 am

{I entered. ^^}