Time spent 4 hours, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by skylark

Kalon #217 [JUDGED!]

Postby skylark » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:55 am

won by beeb!
Last edited by skylark on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 15 times in total.
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Entry #1

Postby song&storm » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:35 pm

aaaa super pretty!!
πŸŒ™πŸŒΊ Art Shop πŸŒΊπŸŒ™
song&storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #217

Postby beeb » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:11 pm

mark owo
beeb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

floweress

Postby casiopea » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:17 pm

name: Carmen | name meaning: song |gender: female | age: 19

personality:
Probably a little more sarcastic and cowardly than she's supposed to be, Carmen tries to be cautious and collected, but mostly seems the opposite. She's very lazy, preferring staying in and sleeping for the whole day than tending to her flowers and crops, but she's gotta do her work! Carmen is very creative in inventing ways to convince others to do her will. She tries not to be very manipulative but I guess it does stick.

Carmen is not the best at making friends. She's soft spoken and shy whenever she meets anyone new. Whenever she's "into character", or acting as one of the many faces she's made up to hide her true self, she can go from witty and charming to flirty and sappy, and back to anxious and quiet.

her many faces:
Since Carmen travels alone, there's barely anything to do but drag a cart full of flowers, books, art supplies, and anything and everything in between. She's a messenger, a mailperson, and she does nothing but deliver things to people to earn money. In order to keep herself entertained, she takes a bag, the one on her shoulder, full of nothing but costumes and masks. Carmen craftily covers this with flowerbuds and vegetables in order to "trick" people into believing it's nothing else but a sack of crops.

β˜…β˜…β˜…

the floweress
I pushed the straw hat farther on my head as I passed by a couple of city guards with my cart full of flowers. They eyed me suspiciously but they didn't say a word, allowing me to continue on through the city gates. I looked up, my emerald eyes taking in the scene.

Kalons were laughing, chatting, buying and selling in the city square. Rows and rows of houses and small shops lined up, making me feel small and enclosed, like a bird trapped in a cage. Who am I? Just the floweress from a small town in the west of the kingdom. Nobody really notices me much, just come around to sell flowers.

And sing. Oh how I love to sing! Most kalons stop and hear me sing a couple of songs I've learned from a strange fellow back in my old town. He looked out of place there, but he taught me some songs, some that I caught on to and learned.

Here I am. Standing in the town square which was bustling like a hive of busy bees. The city has never been my favorite place, but oh, it's a place I can learn to love, right? Right now I stood in the middle of the city square yelling, "Flowers! Flowers! Five gold coins for each!" Many kalons approached me and whispered, "Look! It's the floweress! There she comes again, selling her prized beauties!"

This gave me an idea: maybe I could sing to them? I smirked and turned my advertising into a song."Golden, yellow, purple, blue, flowers I have got for you!" I sang, my voice carried into the air like a songbird. Not the sweetest voice, but it was good to listen to, I must say.

I tapped my feet onto the crate I was standing on, and kalons around me started nodding and grinning. "Sweet meadows, summer rain," I sang with a grin, "But how they'll never come again!"

People lined up and picked some flowerpots from my cart, offering me money in return. I only grinned and sang, "Come once, come again, these flowers are more than just that my friend!"

In once swift move I took their money and bounded along the city's roads, bowing as I scuttled in-between the bodies of many kalons.

β˜…β˜…β˜…

the scholar
A month later, I found myself delivering some books. Which gave me an idea: why not dress up as a scholar? Maybe one of those boys that always carry a book in their hands and are always adjusting their glasses.

I took out my bag and dug through it, mix and matching some of my costumes. It wasn't the best, I mean with the pirate undershirt and baggy pants, and with a nice looking vest, I looked somewhat like one of those brainiacs. I tied up my hair and put on my glasses that I kept very deep down in my bag. There! My costume was finally complete.

I took a book out of my cart, practiced my accent, and began to drag my cart towards the town I was heading to. I didn't even notice once I got there, because I was so into my book. A plus acting, I bet. I walked through town getting odd looks from kalons, but soon they realised I was a scholar with a book cart and they soon paid no attention to me.

Suddenly, someone stopped me. They were taller than me and carried a nasty scowl, and I gulped, acting afraid.

"Who are you?" they asked me, eyeing me carefully.

"M...My name's..." I looked around for inspiration and I saw a frog jumping into a pond nearby. "My name's Frog, sir."

"Frog?" the kalon said with a chuckle. "Wonder why your parents named you that, should've called you runt."

Some other kalons around him started laughing, which made me angry. It was lose my acting or stick with it.

"That's cool," I said calmly, giving him an icy stare. "Now if you don't mind, I'll be on my merry way."

I bowed and undid my hair, hearing other kalons gasp. I took of my glasses and nodded.

"Frog, at your service," I said with a grin, glancing at the bigger kalon. He wore a look of shock on his face, I wouldn't blame him.

Of course you'd be in shock when "the Floweress" suddenly appears in your town. I'm some sort of idol...or some sort of feared thief in some places.

I skipped along, dragging my cart behind me. "Frog," I muttered. "Hmm, I'll make 'im a new character."
Last edited by casiopea on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gojo » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:20 pm

Username : sinon.
Kalon Name : Gardenia.
Kalon Gender : Female.
Personality :

The young girl hid meekly behind one of her servants as she stared up at her dad, who was currently fuming... "How do you expect to be a proper princess if you can't even uphold your responsibilities?! You'd rather waste your precious time playing in the mud!" Gardenia held her breathe and shut her eyes. Perhaps she had slept for much longer than she intended... And a little while after that she decided to play in the garden. The dirt meshed with her markings and stained her clothes... She gave a sheepish grin and a little -wiperino-
Last edited by gojo on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gojo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fΕ«i » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:21 pm

β₯β₯β₯ β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ
          Username : fΕ«i
          Kalon Name : Toast (true name is Alexander)
          Kalon Gender : male
          Personality :
          Toast is a chilled and relaxed soul. He's used to wandering around, helping in all the little ways he can. Despite his calming personality, he is not a kalon to be called lazy. He helps elderly ones cross streets, blows up balloons for random children's parties and occasionally; works for free labor when he's in the mood. He's most known however as a traveling gardener. Whenever he comes across a flowery park or a beautiful family garden, he can't help but want to add his own few favorites. He forgets to ask permission nine out of ten times, but his flower arrangements are top notch. All of this is free of charge currency wise, all he asks is for a flower from the garden. Toast has the bad habit of overworking himself when planting, which results in him taking unexpected naps in stranger's gardens. When he wakes up, he realizes he's rolled over his new flowers during his sleep and must plant new ones! It's always after the second time Toast gets the gardening job done. Without a word he goes, and leaves behind a mini paradise in someone's backyard. Wipwipwip

β₯β₯β₯ β–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒβ–ƒ
          Unlimited Extras : wip wip wip

A simple hum was buzzing in the air, a tune that hadn't played on radios for ages. Young ears would have never recognized it, even teens would probably have a hard time recalling. The sound of rumble and path being being pushed around accompanied his soft voice. With the slightest of country accents, his hum turned into actual words, the lyrics being "Monday left me broken...Tuesday I was through with hoping, Wednesday my empty arms open...Thursday waiting...for..love..." His voice drained out at the sight of his worst enemy. It was taller then its usual height, it's green dark and almost brown. He winced in pain at the sight of small thorns poking its way out of it's leafy tips, already feeling the slight sensation of pulling out...weeds. His tail fluffed up in almost anger. Why would any kalon do this? Leave their yard, abandoning them to the devil's shoots.

As the patchy brown kalon neared, his eyes narrowed, his brows furrowed. The house which was settled near the grass looked inhabited, but no kalon was home. The weeds grew, overtaking any pure vegetation that seeked sunlight. This is was a job no kalon could handle, no one except Toast !!

His birth name now, was not Toast. His mother had named him Alexander, which most shortened to Alex. But his father always had a habit of nicknaming people to things that matched them. His father had called Toast's mother Ponyta, for her fiery personality. Toast had received his nickname after his father observed that his son was...a little too burnt, maybe because he was the son of 'Ponyta', but of course still chew-able. His mother agreed on the name Toast but for a different reason. She believed it was because everyone loved toast, just as everyone was very fond of Toast the kalon! Ah, what a motherly thinking, how cute.

The sun was barely peeking through and already with his trusty supplies at hand, Toast was at work. Pulling the weeds with his teeth, the taste of dirt crawled into his mouth. It was a taste that was all too familiar, and strange enough through the taste he knew what soil it was made up of. Tomatoes..cucumbers.. ooh and a few daisies and marigolds would be swell indeed. Help keep the insects distracted. Through his thinking, a sudden dizziness flooded him. He had been traveling all day and to be thrown into war all of a sudden made him realize how exhausted he was. The patch of clear grass looked mighty comfortable.. and suddenly he was out drifting into dreamland.

That is, until the all too familiar yell of an angry kalon boomed in his ear. "Who the might munchers ARE YOU?!"

Toast slowly blinked his eyes open, his dream of discovering every flower and becoming awarded the NGC award vanishing. His back felt heavy, and as he shook his pelt bounds of dirt and grass fell to the ground. He looks around to see quite a mess, and a rather upset Kalon. He smiled lazily, his eyes still droopy. "Oh..hey maaan. Sorry, I ended up taking a nap while i was clearing this garden. Welp..." He looked around once more and picked up some clippers. "Better get back to work." It was after being interrupted again Toast explained the situation. The owner hesitantly complied and watched every single of Toast's movement. It was only after the owner took a quick break of his guard duty that Toast began his real 'assault'.

Flowers foreign to this side of the country would bloom here, and Toast would hope this introduction would spread as bees would come to pollinate. he never understood this but, despite his love for flowers and gardening, bees never stung him. It was as if they knew, he was friend not foe.Ferns were placed on the corner, for veggies that needed shade to grow. Dirt was mixed and minced, for loose soil and pebbles were set for decoration. The place of weeds looked like it had never even grown here before, the backyard completely given a new face. Toast smiled his infamous lopsided smile, his expression giving off such a care-free aura.

Toast was sure the stranger would be pleased, and as quiet as the night was when he came to this garden, he left with the same muse. Colours bloomed behind him, bees buzzed and his hum joined them in their song. Sounds of graveled pushed away at his feet as he hummed his favorite old timely tune. Wipwip going to be rewriting story
Last edited by fΕ«i on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
fΕ«i

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Creative » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:23 pm

Username : Creative
Kalon Name : Scarlet
Kalon Gender : Female
Personality : 200 word limit!
3 Extras : Either art or a 300 word writing extra.

wip
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
-------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
--------------------------
If you like this little Fennec
Fawn, click on her and enter
for your own! You might
find one as cute as her!

Hi, I'm Creative! I've been on this site for a while, so my trade groups are pretty large, send me a trade! I'll trade for pets on my wishlist, but C$ is preferred so check out my sales groups!

Working on commissions. <3
2.5/5 done!

Check out my brand new species!!

Creative

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astral. » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Username :
Kalon Name :
Kalon Gender :
4 Extras : Either art or a 250 word writing extra.

Pretttyyyyyyyyyy
astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArizonaT3a » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Username :
    Kage the shadow
    Kalon Name :
    Celestial
    Kalon Gender :
    Male
    4 Extras : Either art or a 250 word writing extra.
ArizonaT3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gooey. » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Username : ryan.
Kalon Name : Lennon
Kalon Gender : male
Personality :
Extras : Impress me!

wip
Last edited by gooey. on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
gooey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me