Based on Click to view
Artist woolly [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

head/neck/shoulder

Postby woolly » Sat May 14, 2016 12:03 pm

okieokie <33
    note; a bit stylized in my style and I'm awful at ears so don't pay much mind to them!

the most important thing i wanted to show you here is that shoulder point, where the blue marked lines are going. hopefully tis will help, so start with the elbow and follow it to the point of the shoulder rather than the chest. the best example i could find is this, see the way the chest sticks out slightly? ignore that for now and follow to the shoulder point. then at an angle line upwards and stop once you reach the neck. the line that you're done is going to become that big jugular groove which you can see in the same reference that I had linked above.

after you have that done move onto the little bit of chest to line, then the neck, both of which are smooth and rounded lines. and then there you, you've connected the neck <33

hanging around collecting butterfly wolves
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: head/neck/shoulder

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:22 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, I really appreciate it.

I really like the idea behind this technique, I'll definitely try it again keeping this in mind and see if I can't
master the idea. The face also helps, you have such a nice grasp of angles <3 Thanks again!

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me