Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Species for Sale (PM me for details) by canis,

Based on Click to view
Artist canis, [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
45 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Species for Sale (PM me for details)

Postby canis, » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 am

·················································································································
·················································································································
adoptionscustom threadbreeding threadfanclubarchive

Kleeare (klee-are) are a species of nocturnal equine found on the island of Nocte. Most of the predators on the island are
diurnal, hunting during the day and sleeping at night. In order to avoid the predators, Kleeare have evolved to do just the opposite,
sleep during the day and be active at night. Due to this, Kleeare have whiskers and large ears to help them navigate in the dark.
Though their most notable feature is their bioluminescent spots, made of bioluminescent cells and hollow, pigmentless hairs. They
use these spots for communication, similar to a firefly.

• Do not claim the Kleeare species as your own
• Do not remove the signature from the Kleeare image
• Follow artists' rules when adopting
• Do not recreate the Kleeare in any way
• Do not use/display a Kleeare that you do not own w/o the owner's consent
• Be respectful of staff and other community members

canis,- owner/artist
tikki-tak- owner/artist

hoofy.- artist
Y i n- artist
✧ 浮気者 ✧- artist
laredo- artist
PollyPoos- artist
SpartanAmethyst- artist
slit- artist
Kosciusko- artist
Arvakell- artist
whisky- artist
Last edited by canis, on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 13 times in total.
canis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ About Kleeare ✧

Postby canis, » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 am

Kleeare are built similarly to a thoroughbred. They can stand between 14-16 hh. They are adapted more for agility and speed than for strength. Kleeare have
elongated ears and whiskers to help them navigate through the darkness at night. They also hold bioluminescent spots. These spots
are constructed of bioluminescent cells that are topped with hollow, pigment-less hairs. These hairs allow the spots to shine through.
Spot size, density, and location vary on each Kleeare. These spots appear white during the day, but glow at night. Eye colour is usually the same as the spots.
Kleeare also have various nose and hair types. Below are the genes that affect these features.

Feather/Extra Hair (expresses incomplete dominance)
frfr- no feathering
Frfr- feathering
FRFR- feathering + extra hair

Nose Types (expresses complete dominance; listed in order of dominance)
Pr- primitive
St- straight
Rm- roman
Ds- dished

Kleeare can be any natural horse colour, though the most common colours are shades of bay, chestnut and black.
Occasionally, chimeric Kleeare may occur - they are very rare, and will not pass on chimerism to their offspring. Brindle is a form of chimerism.

Kleeare live in herds, like most equine. They have evolved to be nocturnal, so as to avoid the predators that prowl the island
in the daytime. At night, Kleeare become active. Kleeare are a highly intelligent species. To avoid unnecessary noise, they use their
bioluminescent spots to communicate, much like a firefly would. They also use scents and body language to communicate, though
they try to avoid noises such as neighs, whinnies, etc. When it comes to breeding, Kleeare are flexible. Like most equines, they can
breed to different partners. However, they have also been known to pick a suitable mate in some cases.

Kleeare have a normal equine diet. They are strictly herbivores, and feed on various grasses and small shrubs. Kleeare also
enjoy small amounts of fruits such as apples, pears, etc.

Kleeare hold a strong trust and bond within their herds, but they can also hold a relationship with a human. Kleeare are
skittish equines, but they can imprint on a single human. This imprinting creates a very strong bond between the Kleeare and the
human. It creates a trust and respect from both ends. Kleeare are highly loyal to those that they have imprinted on. A single human
can be imprinted on by several Kleeare.
Last edited by canis, on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ Kleeare News & Affiliates ✧

Postby canis, » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:23 am

Date- announcement info here

Code: Select all
        [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2790708][img]http://i.imgur.com/qHHRRXM.png[/img][/url]

Code: Select all
        [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2790708][img]http://i.imgur.com/I6hmIB5.png[/img][/url]

Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by canis, on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 9 times in total.
canis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✧ Kleeare Adoptions ✧

Postby buttercup216 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:50 am

I think you did a GREAT job on this stay awesome derp.
buttercup216

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anima » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:44 pm

Marky
Anima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Astraela » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Marking!! I love the nursery lines!!
I used to be laredo
Astraea's landing
My WME's
Image Image
Astraela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby benjeep » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:50 pm

mark!!
no name brand™ // transman // adult // raging gay // infp // kylux and harringrove trash
benjeep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:37 am

marky <3

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

ImageImage
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canis, » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:16 pm

I should have time to get some designs up later today. I have plenty saved, so I may just do a bunch of FCFS.
canis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me