Time spent 1 hour, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry

Postby Scoinwolf » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:10 am

Character Name :: Kivisten
Elemental/Healing Faction they belong to:: Fire
Regiment:: Burning Blood -- First Defense
Personality:: She's the sort of canine that tends to lead by example. She follows all the rules and customs, doesn't question the commander's orders, practices regularly, is never late for anything, that sort of stuff. Remaining calm and reliable under pressure helps too. Kivisten doesn't often talk just to talk. But if she says something then she expects the others in her regiment to listen. She doesn't mind repeating herself though, she wants everyone to understand what is going on and why. Questions are a good thing - she'd rather take an extra minuet to explain something instead of her regiment going into a fight without knowing what to do. Her biggest flaw is that she has a hard time relaxing. Kivisten is always on guard and never ceases to keep watch on her surroundings. As a result she can seem distant at times and doesn't always participate in conversations that aren't specifically related to what is going on at the moment. While she doesn't socialize as much as she probably should with her regiment, Kivisten always makes sure to know everybody's name and that they are comfortable with the others in the group. She tries to let everyone know that she will listen to any problem they come to her with and does her best to settle disputes evenly without any bias.
History::
When she was a pup she was tested for an elemental ability and it was soon found out that she had an aptitude for fire. Her mentor spent a good deal of time teaching her how to expand on her natural ability and how to build up more strength to work longer with the magic. Building up strength for magic was easy, it was learning to control that magic that was harder.
Once Kivisten reached one year of age she started off as a scout - mainly due to her agility. She had built up a decent endurance for long distance running and, while she was not exactly the fastest wolf in existence, her ability to dodge obstacles while running full out came in handy.
She was switched to the defensive lines in her second year. A large grouping of new scouts had come in and she was moved to make more room for them. Kivisten quickly found out that defense was the place for her. Direct combat gave her a greater adrenaline rush than running and she found that her reaction times quickened. Being in the fight allowed her to focus on fighting styles and tactics, which she found fascinating. Scouting was alright, but it was being in the line of defense that she really enjoyed.
It was near the end of her second year that she received her first few scars. She was caught up in a fight with a bear that had strayed too close for comfort to her regiment. She had shoved a companion out of the way and caught the blow meant for him by mistake. The bear slammed her head against the ground and her helmet slid forwards a little, the corners digging into her flesh. The back of her left ear tore and the edge of her left eye got cut. The eye mark was deep and is completely visible even to this day. The ear healed better and the scar is only noticeable if one looks close enough.
Their captain died a day after the encounter with the bear from blood loss, having insisted the healers check out the others in his regiment before they healed himself. It was a fatal decision and a new captain had to be chosen to take his place. Although she was still relatively young, two years and nine months to be exact, Kivisten was selected to take the position. She had more experience than most in her regiment and her steady disposition made her stand out as applicable.
Now she works well as the captain, having been in the position for several months. She hasn't seen much conflict recently, other than a few snakes that proved to be an issue, but she's prepared to react at a moment's notice.

Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Wayward Bound | Not Quite Dogs
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me