~ Lines [ * ]
~ Shading/highlights [ ]
~ Color [ * ]

Tack
~halter/bridle [ * ]
~saddle [ * ]
~saddle blanket [A simple square one] [ * ]
~breastplate. [ * ]

@Ethindal - You can post about how I'm doing if you want. Some advice or comments are always appreciated c: .
Last edited by SilverBell90 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ethindal's Species Entry

Postby Aethyrr » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:45 am

Looks pretty good for the same thing. x3 Yhe bodies are basically perfect, except there is no fur around the chest, just around the chin for males. The foreheads also don't have any fur on them visibly, and not sure if it's an extra layer, but the longer fur on the neck and all is just males.

A few things that stood out are the heads actually. The adult's should be a bit skinnier and angled, I forget what type of deer I based it off of. The bottom of the fawns should be more flat, the forehead maybe down a bit and the nose a bit less curved. Maybe the backs of the neck for the males could look a bit more like a mane, with a line showing the end of the neck and them the fur like you did on the legs. I think the bodies are really well done though. Maybe edit the ears a bit to be wider in the middle. x3 Hope this helped you.

Btw, I liked the antler choices.
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverBell90 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:01 am

Thanks :p I'll fix up the lines so far and get on with the female lines. Is it going to be one set of lines for the fawn?
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aethyrr » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:09 am

For the fawn, the differences between male and female are visible like the adults. You can make another set or just make the male parts a seperate later. If you mean about litters, there are rarely two.

If you need help with the head, just look off my drawing or Google a deer that looks like mine. Also helps with proportions in a way. I wish you good luck!
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aethyrr » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Oh, i like the antlers. Very nice. A few quick things I wanted to note, maybe the nose could curve downward a bit more instead of curving a bit up. Maybe the neck could curve more where it meets the jaw, on both lines maybe, and maybe the neck/fur line on the back of the neck could be raised a bit to give it a thicker look. Omg though, it really is a nice line set. I tried coloring it in one day, didn't save it though, and I thought it worked nicely. Sorry for criticizing anything xD this is just me being me.
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverBell90 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the lines so far. I'll work on editing them with what you suggested tomorrow since it's a bit late right now.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aethyrr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:30 am

I'm sorry I keep posting like this xD I just have to say I love the antlers! They're really, really nice. I also saw the caribou nose, very nice idea also. I wanted to add an end date to the contest, but wasn't really sure how much time you needed. You're basically the only one who entered something so...and no one else is taking an interest. If you have extra time around the end, maybe I could get you to do a few more antlers or another tack or 2? Idk, my minds only been on this species for a long time.

I do have to know though, have you drawn deer before or is this your first time? Cause you got some talent for this stuff.
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverBell90 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:21 am

To be honest, I haven't really drawn them on here. I did sketch 1 once.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aethyrr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Nice doe. You know to make it female all you have to do was remove the beard and mane right? x3 That's what I would've done, but its your choice anyway. Just saw it as less complicated that way. Haha, so think you'll be done during the Thursday-Saturday time? I really need to add an end date.
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverBell90 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:57 pm

I just thought adding doe lines would be neat, and yeah. I think Saturday is a good end point for me.
SilverBell90

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me