Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Woodland Fox Adopts v2 (now open!) by AislingNyht

Based on Click to view
Artist AislingNyht [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Woodland Fox Adopts v2 (now open!)

Postby AislingNyht » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:21 pm

ArchivesNurseryRoleplay (not in use, needs to be updated)Discussion Thread (wip)Staff Chat (needs to be updated)Shop

The following is an excerpt from A Study on Woodland Foxes and Their Habits by Karliah Deuticheli.

xxxxThe Woodland Fox species (Dusicyon silvaterra) originated on the Magonia Islands, but has since spread to inhabit forested areas in much of North America and Europe. A relative of the long-extinct Dusicyon cultridens, these animals sport an astonishing variety of coat patterns and colors, known to exhibit nearly any combination found in members of the Mammalia class. One of the larger fox species, males typically weigh around 15 lb and stand 24-29 inches at the shoulder, while females are smaller at an average of 12 lb and 22-26 inches.
xxxxLike most vulpine species, Woodland Foxes are social animals and typically live in small family groups with no apparent hierarchy, though it isn't unheard of to find a solitary one. As omnivores, their diet usually consists of small mammals, insects, eggs, and birds, though this changes slightly by region. In the past 50 years people have begun domesticating the foxes as pets, with great success. The animals seem to take well to humans, and are tamed more easily than other fox species, though the reason for this is unknown. They're becoming popular pets, as they can eat high-quality cat or dog food and are friendly to children, though the safety of having them in the same home as small pets like rabbits or hamsters is still under debate.

Rules

1. Follow all site rules, and no spamming WLF threads.
2. Art theft will not be tolerated. You're welcome to draw giftlines or make art of your foxes, but make sure to provide a link to this thread.
3. For now, users may have 3 foxes, along with 4 nursery slots (staff get 1 extra of each slot). Kits will automatically be put in a nursery slot, and cannot be aged unless the owner has a normal slot open.
4. If you no longer want your fox, message decium. or I, and it will be put up for readoption.
5. Users may, if they message me in advance, trade a fox they've had for at least one month for another user's fox, but foxes cannot be sold.
6. Staff members are to be respected, and any harassment will result in a warning or ban.
7. If you are having issues with a staff member or have been waiting more than 2 weeks for an accepted aging or breeding, message me and I'll take care of the problem.
8. Do not ask for a custom or to become a staff member.
9. decium. or I can ban a user at any time, at which point their foxes may be put up for readoption, depending on the situation.
10. Anyone can join a contest or event, including staff.
11. Foxes you've had for at least one month can be gifted to another user, as long as you message decium. or I about it.
12. Save suggestions and chatting for the Discussion Thread.

Bans
None yet :)

Lines were done by the amazing Annekewren
Version 1
Last edited by AislingNyht on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 16 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rarity

Postby AislingNyht » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 am

Rarity

WLF is a natural species, and can have any color or pattern found in mammals.

Common: 3-4 colors, no line edits or accessories
Uncommon: 4 or more colors, 1-2 small line edits or accessories
Rare: large line edits or accessories, added hair
Very rare: events only

Monthly Rarity Count
Commons: 0/unlimited
Uncommons: 0/7
Rares: 0/1
Last edited by AislingNyht on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Announcements

Postby AislingNyht » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:19 am

Pic here

AislingNyht wrote:The artist contest is open and the first v2 adoptable is up! :)
Last edited by AislingNyht on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby AislingNyht » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

Staff

Admin: AislingNyht
Admin: decium.
Artist: DarrenTheLizard
Artist: ~Splat

Artist Info
1. Please use "Woodland Fox #..." or something similar for the title, as it makes organization and updating the archives easier.
2. Staff members are allowed 3 customs, and may make them themselves or ask someone else to do it. Customs do not take up a slot, or go on the monthly rarity count. They may be common, uncommon, or rare.
3. You may only put two customs up for adoption that you no longer want, the rest you must keep. You cannot make a normal fox for adoption then decide to keep it as a custom.
4. Foxes must look natural. If it is not natural enough, decium. or I will request changes, and they won't go up for adoption until they've been fixed.
5. The child lines are for use in the nursery only, though you may make an EKS custom. The normal adoptions must be adults.
6. You must make at least 2 commons between every uncommon you make, and you must request permission from me to make a rare.

Guest Artists
Guest artists will be selected along with full-time artists during our Artist Contests. They are allowed to make 5 foxes and 1 custom. If no foxes are made within two months, they will be removed from the GA list and the lineart. Only nursery GAs can do agings and breedings.

Guest Artist: [url=link]x[/url]
Last edited by AislingNyht on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stamps and Affiliates

Postby AislingNyht » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:32 am

Wip
Last edited by AislingNyht on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Woodland Fox Adopts v2 (under construction)

Postby serotonin. » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:24 am

Res. Posting open!

Here's a preview of what's coming soon. :)

serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:58 am

marking <3
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:59 am

Amazing! 0.0

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items