Aurara Valley Msutang Adoption Center Artist Competition by '.~VoidRunner~.'

Based on Click to view
Artist '.~VoidRunner~.' [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Aurara Valley Msutang Adoption Center Artist Competition

Postby '.~VoidRunner~.' » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Not yet Open(you can enter, if you want, I just don't have the prizes set up yet)

Aurara Valley Artist Search

Aurara Valley Mustang Adoption Center is looking for 2 new artists to join our ranks!

This will end at the end of August, or longer, depending on the entries.

Each month, Aurara Valley Center(AVC) goes to the wild herds of Aurora Valley, Snowed Pass, Palomino Valley, and Wild Grass to gather and cut the population of the herds down in preservation of their roaming lands in a human attempt to aid in the survival of the wild Mustangs at these places.

About the Herds:
Aurora Valley Herd #1 and #2 are known for their more colorful and patternful physique. They are also on the taller side, reaching between 15 to 16.1 hands high, some have been known to reach 17 hands!
Aurora Valley Herd #3 is a little tamer compared to #1 and #2. They are mostly solid colors, but are still just as tall.
Their physique is thin boned with strong chests and hind legs. Their hooves are small and solid. They have thicker, but shorter manes and tails than most other mustangs, as they have a lot of Appaloosa blood.
They are pretty secluded and territorial, oftentimes difficult to gentle because of their overtly spirited nature, and tendency to 'flight.' Once gentled, they become quickly attached to their gentler. Aurora Valley horses are known for being extremely personable, and difficult to ride if you are not their gentler. Overall, though, the wait and patience is worth it, because, in the end, these animals become far more than a companion, and are anything a horse person could ever ask for.
They are oftentimes Dressage or Jumping horses.

Snowed Pass is a small herd management area with only 2 herds. Both herds have mostly gray, black, or blue roan animals, sometimes solid whites. They are on the smaller side, as they live higher in the mountains, reaching aprox. between 13.2 hands through 14.1 hands. They have a lot more draft blood in them, so they are rather stocky and thickly built, with thick bones and thick muscles. They are very quick on their feet, despite them being large animals. Because of their draft blood, these animals tend to be easier to handle and gentle, having ancient and calm souls. Despite their small stature, these animals have a tendency to get adopted faster by more experienced, knowledgeable horsemen and women. They are calm, cool, and collected. Once trained, anyone can jump on their back for a calm ride or a quick paced cutting.
Often used as cow horses, or barrel racers.

Palomino Valley Herds, there are 6 in total, have a tendency to be more colorful than Snowed Pass and Wild Grass. They are known for their creamy palominos and cremellos. These horses have a high tendency of being colorful and spotted/painted. They are snatched up the quickest when it comes to colors and patterns. They have a solid structure, ranging from the short, stocky cow horse, to the long and limber Dressage/Jumper. These horses range from a compact height of 14.2 hands all the way up to 16.1. They are very wild horses, and are gentled in due time; however, they are not as hard to tame as Aurora Valley animals.
These animals are used for a variety of things, including ranch and Western work all the way to upper level English eventing.

Wild Grass Herds range from #1 all the way to #9. These animals have a large swath of land to roam, tending to stick to the flat, grassy valleys between Snowed Pass and Aurora Valley, neighboring Palomino Valley. These animals are generally on the average size of 14 to 15 hands, coming in a variety of solid colors, and sometimes Appaloosa patterns. They have thicker builds than most of the Palomino and Aurora Valley horses, but also have a tendency to be better jumpers than both. They are working horses, always needing something to do. They are very rushed horses, preferring to run full-blast than sit in a pasture all day. They make lovely barrel racers because of this.

What are we looking for? Aurara Valley Adoption Center(AVDC) is looking for an artist that is capable of doing [i]realistic and unrealistic but equally amazing coat patterns for the equine species.[/i]

What kind of patterns? I would prefer artists that could do realistic Appaloosa spotted patterns, as well as all pinto prints. I would like someone who can do believable brindling patterns, as well as a mix between either 2 or all three. Considering we have horses from all backgrounds of coloration, I would enjoy artists who are creative enough to do unnaturally colored horses that don't look wonky or out of place. I want artists capable of difficult things, and artists who would love a challenge.

Acceptable patterns for contestsants:
Any natural colors and patterns
Any unnatural patterns and colors(To do this, you must have 2 or more different coat patterns i.e. pinto coloration w/ leopard print pattern beneath/on top, or brindling w/ pinto patterns. You must have 2 or more colors as well i.e. emerald and purple, pink and blue, orange and green, etc.)

Prizes:
First:
+First place receives a full artist position.
+First pick of 2 pets out of the prize pool
+2 free customs, unnatural or natural
+Get to keep one of your entries

Second:
+Afull time artist position
+Second choice of 2 pets from the prize pool
+2 free customs, unnatural or natural
+Get to keep one of your entries

Third:
+A guest artist position for 1 month
+Third choice of 2 pets from the prize pool
+1 free custom, unnatural or natural

Fourth:
+A guest artist position for 1 month
+Final choice of 2 pets from the prize pool
+1 free custom, natural

Honorable Mentions
- - - -
I'm back on CS! I'll be attempting to tie up loose ends, i.e. way overdue customs in my closed adoption things.
I am looking for someone who draws horse-like creatures well for a custom lines creation. Pm me for details

So, my internet and power are flashing in 'n' out sometimes, so I've been missing in action for a while. If I disappear, it's probly 'cause of my internet problems.

'.~VoidRunner~.'

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Aurara Valley Msutang Adoption Center Artist Competition

Postby ♡ ElizabethPine ♡ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:37 am

Mark
-