Based on Click to view
Artist Caela [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Redline! <3

Postby Caela » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:33 am

I got very, very carried away. X3 I know it's a bit cluttered so I'll add you, Shady.
The wings on the Baerough Hound are meant to be a bit folded but they didn't come out too nicely. I would recommend looking at the doodle to the right.
Also, the toes are a bit elongated as per species specs.

Some bat anatomy info:
  • Don't forget the tragus! The tragus is the little piece of cartilage inside the ear. If you look at the redline, you'll see it towards the bottom center of the ear. Researchers think that this helps to give better sound definition in a particular plane, thought its precise purpose is unknown.
    • For wings, about all I can say is Google. Look at plenty of bat pictures to figure the structure out. Keep the wings large too; lots of surface area is the only way that hound will be able to fly!
      Here's some basic information about the wing:
    • Each wing has four fingers, each with three joints. From top to bottom they are the first, second, third, and fourth fingers. The first finger is the shortest and very close to the second figure.
    • The thumb is used for things like climbing and crawling. Bats also use their thumbs to clean their ears.
And canine anatomy:
  • A healthy dog wouldn't have such prominent ribs (if they were visible at all) but Baerough Hounds might be different. :3
  • This doesn't really count as canine anatomy, but a tail normally wouldn't be able to bend as drastically as you drew it, but it's a fictitious species so I doubt you really have to conform to anatomy. X3
  • Paws have lots of pads! Here's a list of them and why they are there:
    • Digital pads: There are four of these on each paw, located on the bottom of the toes. These help with stability and traction as well as serve as a shock-absorber.
    • Metacarpal pad: This is that big pad on the bottom of every paw. This pad also helps with stability and traction as well as serves as a shock-absorber.
    • Dewclaws: These little toes are located on the inside of the forepaws only! By inside I mean they go on the right side of the left paw and the left side of the right paw. Look up dewclaws if that doesn't make sense. They are used to grip prey and bones and whatever else a dog may get its paws on. These don't often touch the ground.
    • Carpal pad: This pad is located on the back of a dog's wrist and is used for additional traction when stopping or descending a slope.
The timer is incorrect, by the way. I was working on some other stuff while I had the drawing open.
    ~ Caela
I swear I'm not a middle schooler.
For real.

----------------------------

Do I ever do things in a timely matter?
I'll get back to you on that.

I love:
languages ♥ violin ♥ guitar ♥ piano
16th - 18th century ships

quietly mourning the decline of the Irish language
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redline! <3

Postby ShadyBro » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:35 pm

This is just absolutely beautiful, I dont know how to thank you. I have such trouble drawings paws, that sketch will seriously be treasured forever <3 Seriously just thank you so much you will get hella credit for helping me with this <3
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caela » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:54 pm

ShadyBro wrote:
This is just absolutely beautiful, I dont know how to thank you. I have such trouble drawings paws, that sketch will seriously be treasured forever <3 Seriously just thank you so much you will get hella credit for helping me with this <3

You're very welcome! I'm so glad I could help!
And yesss you understand the pain of paws! I don't know if this will help at all but here's something I whipped up for another user <3 Pardon my illegible handwriting. XD
I covered most of that bottom row in the redline but the paws above are slightly more accurate. ^^
I swear I'm not a middle schooler.
For real.

Do I ever do things in a timely matter?
I'll get back to you on that.

I love:
languages ♥ violin ♥ guitar ♥ piano
16th - 18th century ships

quietly mourning the decline of the Irish language
Caela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Ah my gosh that is perfection <3 I bow to your paw drawing skills ^^

Thank you so much for sharing this with me!
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets