Blueline c: by RenaiRoa

Based on Click to view
Artist RenaiRoa [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Blueline c:

Postby RenaiRoa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:24 am

omigosh it's been so long since I've last done a redblueline :')

I'll add you to the drawing so you can see the separate layers ^^ ( I've also included a simplified skeleton on a hidden layer that helped me a lot when I was learning the basic anatomy ^^ )

I'll also add some extra notes here in the description tomorrow as it's late here now and I should be getting ready for some sleep :b

Notes ;;
So, I'll start at the head and work my way down the body ^^ The [ x ] s are examples ^^
First, the forehead isn't very steep and "flows" into the muzzle. The nose isn't placed on top of the muzzle but takes the entire corner [ x ].
Next, generally when the canine isn't focusing on anything / is relaxed, their ears tend to lean slightly backwards [ x ]. Another thing that people often miss is that they have very fluffy cheeks.
Moving on, the neck has to be thick enough to support the head, so the bigger the wolf, the bigger the head, the thicker the neck. The neck is usually also the fluffiest part on a canine's body, meant to keep them warmest when in cold areas. The body is also quite thick as it has to fit the entire rib cage, though the fur in that area is usually shorted which gives them a compact look. The body is thickest at the chest and usually gets slimmer nearing the rump ( unless it's pudgy c: )
Then we have the legs, they have to be able to support the entire weight of a canines body so they have to be fairly muscular to keep them stable and the shoulder is quite defined. The elbow is usually found at about the lowest point of the rib cage and is at the same height as the knee. The ankle is placed higher than the wrist though. The legs also aren't that long, as it would be harder for them to balance their weight on them.
The paws are smaller than the ones you drew and the digits are grouped quite firmly together ( unless the canine has webbed toes and is in the water, then they fan out a bit ). They have 4 toes on each paw, with thumbs on the inside of only the front legs. Each toe also has an un-retractable claw.
Finally, the tail generally hangs down to between the ankles when it's lowered and is also quite stiff as the bones in the tail need to support a lot of fur depending on the type of canine.

I have a collection of some tutorials here if you'd like to have a look at those ^^

Hope this helps c:

- ════════════════ - ❉ - ════════════════ -

RenaiRoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me