Japanese Shishi: Kana by Rolly-chan

Based on Click to view
Artist Rolly-chan [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Japanese Shishi: Kana

Postby Rolly-chan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 am

The timer is off by at least two hours, btw, I tend to leave the drawing open and then come back to it

This isn't completely finished yet, though almost ^^ I'm not as happy with it as I thought I would be at first, but whatever, what's done is done.

This is a Japanese Shishi, a lion-dog/lion/dog with magic properties. Often times, a (mated) pair of such statues guards the entrance to a shrine. They probably originated from China, where they are said to be protectors of law and guard sacred buildings, they are symbols of power and success, royality and strength.

I guess she could pass off as an Inu x Boku SS character, with her true form being the Shishi.

I've thought of a vague backstory for her, but feel free to ignore it if you don't like (the name, too) xD

Kana had a mate when she was young (they were destined to be), but one day her mate disappeared without a trace, and ever since then she's been searching for him. She is very soft on the inside, but can come off tough and boisterous, and doesn't avoid confrontations. She's quite strong and can endure a lot, but the toll of having lost her mate is wearing her down a lot on bad days.

References I've used:
http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/shishi.shtml
https://tokyobling.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... ni-shrine/
Rolly-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Japanese Shishi: Kana

Postby Rolly-chan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:47 am

-- removed because the competition was apparently cancelled without an announcement --
Rolly-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me