Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

DmS: (Winners Posted!!) by Free Shade

Based on Click to view
Artist Free Shade [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

DmS: (Winners Posted!!)

Postby Free Shade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Draw My Species!

Rules:
#1-You must follow the general guidelines/traits of the 2 given species. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
#2-You MUST understand/accept that if your line art is chosen as the winner that there is a chance designs on the line art may be sold for various currencies-- pets, points, usd, etc. (we can discuss you receiving cuts of these payments for the first 2-6 months if wanted)
#3-I would prefer if the line art was made here on the oekaki... Other art programs tend to make my computer go wonky.
#4-You don't have to include lines for the different stages, but it is a bonus if you do and you will receive extra payment per stage lines included if you win.
#5- Do not, i repeat, do NOT copy any other users entries OR any other species already created. (I will look up species if i feel your design has copied something else... i do not tolerate art theft)

--NEW RULES--
New rule #6: Prizes/prize groups are bound to change! The Pink Balloon will stay in the prize group as a definite prize for the winner, but i am in the process of trying to get other lists/higher demand pets to add into the group. This means there is a chance that the Tinsel Lion will be exchanged for a HIGHER list pet! Just thought i'd let everyone know

New rule #7: If your line art is chosen for ANY of the top 3 spots i will be keeping/using that line art. If you place 2nd or 3rd and i use your lines, i will also offer you the same deal as Rule #2.
You can pm me for more details if wanted.
----I have cleared this rule with the mods----

Prizes:
1st place
with possibility of added rares/very rares --see rule 4--

2nd place
plus 9 rares from this group

3rd place
Remaining 9 rares from this group

End Date:
The current end date is MONDAY March 30th
A 2-5 extension may be given if requested by 2 or more users.

SPECIES INFO ON NEXT POST!
Last edited by Free Shade on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:24 am, edited 11 times in total.
(art above by Hoggnunsstern)

Do you remember Kiamaras from way back 10 years ago? You ever wonder what happened to them after all these years after the move to DA?
Well, they're now an easy going ARPG with a website and quests! Most quests have low entry requirements and have multiple tiers of rewards. There's also a free MYO for new users who don't have a Kia yet!
There's also a discord for the community where you can ask for help with quests, chat with other users, and actively seek out Kias that are being traded and sold as well as new adopts!

If you're interested at all feel free to click the image above to be taken to the Kiamara website!
If you want to join the discord at all, feel free to dm me and I can send you a link to it.
Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Draw my Species: Species info

Postby Free Shade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Update:
I have decided to include a second species concept for you to choose from as well as a "freedom/creativity" option. You can do only one OR you can do multiple... just know that no matter which you draw i will have to ask you to please get the drawing locked if you do not win (if numbers 1 or 2)... I hope you understand.

Anyway... Here they are.

#1: Shisa Guardians
I have sketched out a few ideas i had (please know that not all of these are set in stone/not all have to be on the lineart!):
-The top left is what the eggs will look like. They normal eggs that are covered with thick layered dragon scales to protect them.
- The snout/muzzle should be more wolf like, so not super thick or wide, but also somewhat similar to a fox.
-I have provided 2 examples of what i mean by Collar with a Crystal, but feel free to change the shape/design of the crystal and collar, i will give feedback to every entry!
-Horns are not needed, they can be added by the artist making a design, i just thought i'd include them so that you could have a better feel of the creature
-The tail should be average length, but they should be fluffier than normal tails.
-Basic masks should be included in the drawing, but NOT on the Shisas face. It should be drawn next to the Shisa (kinda like you would a color palette) and should be facing forward (as shown in sketch). It should be basic is shape so that it can be easily edited or colored in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the WRITTEN information that i have currently is in the Quote below. Most of this info will stay the same... if anything is changed/added before the contest is over, i will update this post and will comment on the thread stating what changes have been made

Species name:
Shisa Guardians

Species info./description:
Shisa Guardians are a very loyal and loving species. They have the traits of various mythical, and non-mythical, creatures. These creatures are known for bonding with a family or person and staying with that particular families lineage till the end. A Shisas job is to protect its 'owners' life, lineage, and honor.

Place of origin:
It is still unknown exactly where these creatures came from. Many believe that they were created in one of the higher planes and were transported to earth by angels. Others believe they were bred many centuries ago in a remote village in the Alps.

Basic Info:
Shisa eggs are almost 8-15 pounds.
Young Adult/Teen Shisa are the size of Chows and generally weight between 30-70 pounds (about 2 ft. tall)
Adult Shisa are the size of Great Danes and weight 100-130 pounds (about 3 ft. tall)
Kanli (Elder) Shisa are slightly smaller than Lions and weight 150-175 pounds (about 4 ft. tall)

General Diet:
Shisas live on a healthy diet of both meats and vegetation. If they are left to find/hunt their own food they will go after deer, rabbits, and raccoons for meat and they will try to find berries and cabbage.

Life Cycle Stages:
Shisas have 4-5 stages in their life cycles.
Stage 1 is it's egg stage. Similar to dragons, Shisas lay eggs which take up to a 2 weeks to hatch.

Stage 2 is it's youth/young adult stage. In this stage, Shisas have hatched and received their collar w/ a crystal. It is at this stage in life that they begin to search for their Hanno (human family).

In their 3rd stage Shisas have become adults. They have found their Hanno, received their mask, and they are able to mate.

In their 4th, and (normally) last stage, Shisas are faced with a test of will, power, and skill. If they fail this test, they will stay as they currently are and will gain immortality so that they can continue their job of being the guardian of their Hanno. If they pass the test, the Shisa has the option to be re-born with new markings/colors, but staying with the same Hanno. A Shisa may only be re-born once. When they reach their 3rd stage again, they will stay that way and gain immortality***

Certain Shisa are granted a special 5th stage, these Shisa are very very rare and are only chosen for this stage if worthy. The Shisa approved for this stage are chosen by the Head Elder, or the Moncha Kanli. The Moncha Kanli carefully selects Shisa to become Elders, or Kanli. Kanli are typically larger than regular Shisa. Their tails become longer and fluffier and each Shisa gains a special ability/power upon becoming a Kanli. They are also given a special secondary collar that represents their new ability. Each Kanli represents something: Life, death, wealth, luck, etc etc.

***Shisas remain immortal as long as their Hannos bloodline remains in existence. If that bloodline is wiped out/retracts their connection to Shisa, it will gain mortality within a week. After mortality is gained, they will go on the hunt for a new Hanno or will choose to stay within the Shisa village.
(Note: Immortality means that a Shisa is no longer allowed to have any changes to it's appearance unless given permission by myself.... "Mortal" Shisa may get any changes to appearance in certain circumstances... which will be listed upon the first page of the "Specials/Shop" post.)

Moncha Kanli
The Moncha Kanli, or Head Elder, is rumored to be the first Shisa ever. Many believe the Moncha Kanli was specially crafted by the rulers of the higher planes, and that all Shisa are connected through it. The role of the Moncha Kanli is to watch over their species and to make sure all is running smoothly. The Moncha Kanli is responsible for administering the re-birth test and choosing which Shisa get to become Kanli. The Moncha Kanli is a genderless Shisa that is the same size as other Kanli, but has fluffier fur, longer ears, Smoke/Cloud Tail, wings and 2 sets of horns. The Moncha Kanli is the ONLY Shisa with this combination of physical traits***

*** Will get the reference for the Moncha Kanli soon after species is up and running

Masks:
Each Shisa is given a mask... no 2 Shisas masks are the same. They receive this mask in the 3rd stage of their life, when they reach adulthood. They are given this mask by either their parents or a Kanli. This mask represents their independence from the Shisa tribe/village, and symbolizes their new life with a Hanno. Some Shisa choose to wear this mask constantly, while others choose to just keep it near them as a reminder of their past.

Common traits:

Regular tails
Slightly less fluffy tails
Horns (short/regular/straight)

Uncommon traits:
Other types of canine/feline/fur or hair based tails
Longer+Curved horns

Rare traits:
Longer/Fluffier/Flopped ears
Spiral/Ram Horns/Antlers

Very Rare traits: -- Must get permission first --
Dragon/Lizard/Shark/Fish/Object/etc tails
No tail
Wings of any kind
Multiple Tails (maximum of 5)

Artists:
If you do not see a trait listed above and you want it included on a Shisa/you are planning on adding it to a Shisa, you must PM me first to see if it's allowed.

Accessories that are not allowed:

(there are less not allowed so its easier to make this list)
Shisas may only have 1 mask... no matter whether they are Kanli or not.
A secondary collar -- these are ONLY allowed on Kanli
Not having a collar is strictly not allowed. They MUST have one.
A charm other than a Crystal. They may have charms on their collars in addition to their crystal, but it may not replace the crystal***

*** This does not apply to certain Kanli and certain customs... MUST BE APPROVED THOUGH

Breeding:

Shisas can mate up to 3 times.
2 Shisa must be "dating/official mates" for 2 weeks before they may breed.
Shisas may only divorce/break up once. They are creatures of loyalty, so divorce is often frowned upon.
Once 2 Shisas have mated and the eggs are laid, a Kanli (elder) is chosen to watch over the nest for any where between 1 day to 2 weeks. During this time, the Kanli transfers tiny amounts of it's own energy into the egg(s).
Doing this tends to give the young Shisa a few traits similar to the Kanli. This means that young Shisa take traits from both of their parents as well as a selected Kanli.
Shisas must wait 2 months after any eggs are laid before they may breed again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not steal/copy any of the above information for any adopts/creature info/forms. Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2: Unnamed Fox species
Even though i haven't put as much details into these yet, i want them just as badly as the Shisa Guardians.
Semi-chibi fox with a cloud tail and a ring of clouds that float around it's neck.... The clouds have little stars sitting on them.
(clouds should look similar in style to these: click and stars should look similar to the paopu fruit from kingdom hearts, just without the leaf)

They are born/made into a star and then transform into a ---insert species name here---. The star they are made from is placed upon a cloud and protected by the parents until the transformation happens.

(Semi-chibi means DONT make it look like this: Click. I want it to be somewhat cutesy, but not like that... if that makes sense )
Please do not steal/copy any of the above information for any adopts/creature info/forms. Thank you.

#3: Other
I put this as an option so that you can have a little bit more freedom.
For this option, i am giving you a list of my likes and dislikes, and from there you can come up with whatever AS LONG AS it is not super similar to the ones above.

(note: for this one you will not have to lock/delete the creation if you do not win... you can sell/auction/keep it if i don't choose it.)

-Mythical Creatures (Phoenix/Dragon/Gryphon/etc)
-Hybrids (SharkDog/WingedLion/DinoCat/etc)
-Dogs/Wolves/Foxes/Cats/BigCats
-Something simple yet unique
-Unique/different tails
-Trinkets (but not a large amount)
-Space/Water/Leaves/Smoke/Clouds

Things that i don't Like OR Dislike:
(Which means it wont help or hurt a design)
-Wings
-Deer
-Scales
-Extra Limbs/other body parts
-Fangs/Teeth that extend past lips

Dislikes:
-Fire
-Any type of rodent
-Horses/Ponies
-Object Heads

All images linked above to their respectful owners/creators

You may mark/post now!
Last edited by Free Shade on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Do you remember Kiamaras from way back 10 years ago? You ever wonder what happened to them after all these years after the move to DA?
Well, they're now an easy going ARPG with a website and quests! Most quests have low entry requirements and have multiple tiers of rewards. There's also a free MYO for new users who don't have a Kia yet!
There's also a discord for the community where you can ask for help with quests, chat with other users, and actively seek out Kias that are being traded and sold as well as new adopts!

If you're interested at all feel free to click the image above to be taken to the Kiamara website!
If you want to join the discord at all, feel free to dm me and I can send you a link to it.
Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Draw my Species: Pink Balloon+ Prizes!

Postby DelightfulMelon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:10 pm

RES

DA - Characters
PM me for commission info

Credit to all creators of art in my signature

DelightfulMelon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Free Shade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:13 pm

All info was added

Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaidaft » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:20 pm

mark, and this is the specicies were are making? the guardians?

About Me wrote:

Female
A Complete Dork
Artistic
Friendly
I love k-pop if you wanna
talk about groups
and biases, my DMs are open! :3

I love danganronpa + BTS.

A little Hello wrote:

I'm Cursed at the Heart, but feel free to call me Cursed or Kai!
Im a nerd who is obsessed with anime(Danganronpa, Fairy Tail),
Drawing, K-pop(BTS, GOT7, SEVENTEEN, Block B, +more),
and Books(Wings of Fire, Cursed, Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
I enjoy roleplays, so if you would like, send one over (1x1 are good ;3)
Kaidaft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Free Shade » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:52 am

Cursed at the Heart wrote:mark, and this is the specicies were are making? the guardians?

Yes ^^

Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Free Shade » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:48 am

Bump

Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KinqBoo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:13 am

res
KinqBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaidaft » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:04 am

Can we make more than one entry?

About Me wrote:

Female
A Complete Dork
Artistic
Friendly
I love k-pop if you wanna
talk about groups
and biases, my DMs are open! :3

I love danganronpa + BTS.

A little Hello wrote:

I'm Cursed at the Heart, but feel free to call me Cursed or Kai!
Im a nerd who is obsessed with anime(Danganronpa, Fairy Tail),
Drawing, K-pop(BTS, GOT7, SEVENTEEN, Block B, +more),
and Books(Wings of Fire, Cursed, Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
I enjoy roleplays, so if you would like, send one over (1x1 are good ;3)
Kaidaft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Free Shade » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:53 am

Cursed at the Heart wrote:Can we make more than one entry?

Of course ^^

Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me