Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Breeding contest! [JUDGED, OVER. Winners please claim!] by Maligator

Artist Maligator [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Breeding contest! [JUDGED, OVER. Winners please claim!]

Postby Maligator » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Over.
I have gone with 2 winners, because I fell in love with each of their cubs. I chose one male and one female. SchnaDin, please come claim your 1 rare, and 6 other pets! And Fera, I will notify you when it is your turn to pick your rare, and 6 pets. ^^ It came very close to a tie, but I felt like SchnaDins cub#1 went better with Ghost chili. I have chosen the second prize winner to be Fera's cub#1, because he had the same colors, but for some reason he seemed totally different from the family, and thats a member of the pride that I had to have! ^^
Everyone else did great as well, and will receive 2 pets of their choice from thee remaining pets in the group

|Hello|
I am looking for someone to breed my Characters! I am looking for one cub, that resembles both parents. Can be either gender. There isn't much rules other than it must be like the mother and father. You may enter however many times you want.
I did not provide any lineart, and I don't really care how amazing the line quality you make is, just please no 10 minute entries! take time to draw it, and please make it easy to see what the drawing is(A lion), don't just make random scribbles and say its a lion! xD Please don't just scribble in color either, I need the coloring to be good enough to give you the prizes!

The reason I created this contest is that I already have a cub, but I am looking for a brother/sister for him! I will show you how I made him as an example on how to mix different markings, and switch up/mix the colors. This, is Ghost;

The prize group <3;
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=653548

Winner will pick 1 rare, and 6 other pets from that group. there are two rares in that group, but if I find 2 cubs a really like, I want to give a rare for each of them. The other pets will either go to the same winner or go to a runner up if I like the runner ups cub. c:
I wish I could give away something like a list pet or something, but for now, this is going to have to do until I get something better. ^^

Need some lines? Go here, and Ask SchnaDin! This nice user decided to help out and offer their lines for you to edit and enter with. ^o^ Thank you very much SchnaDin!

And thank you{Yes, YOU} so much for entering!! <3 I have been trying to get someone to breed my lions foreverrr. ♥ Here are the references

This was a quick scribble just to show design and color. please don't make the coloring as..... quick and horrible as I did. xD

He has both colors and markings from both the mother and father, and he has a tiger tail because Ashcloud(Female) is a Liger(Lion x Tiger), and he is male, so he has the same mane style as his father(Sticking up in the front and than gets smoother as it goes down) So, this gives you a little bit of an idea on how to do things for your design. Note that I do NOT want the cubs to look the same, or have the exact same pattern of the mixed marking, so please, get creative!

Last edited by Maligator on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
♡ Lover and wearer of Lolita fashion ♡

♡ Obsession with PPS dragon cats ♡

♡ Extremely passionate about dogs ♡

These are my babies

Misty
♫ You didn't choose this,
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
If you're standing on the
ledge, so close to giving
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
it to the morning. All your
pain is just a hero forming.
If you can save,
you can save your story ♫
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Breeding contest!

Postby Maligator » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:53 am

Bump!

These are my babies

Misty
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
If you can save,
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maligator » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Bumpin' it up.

These are my babies

Misty
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
If you can save,
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maligator » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Bump!

These are my babies

Misty
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
If you can save,
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SchnaDin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:11 am

Why does nobody wants to breed those colourful lions? i don't get it >-<
it was fun to think about the pose and how old they should be! The colours are not the best but common guys! Everyone do redlines but not breeding for prizes? Confusing world.... :/
Do you think it's a good idea to offer my lines for colour ins? Or do you want to let everyone do their own lines?

Rukami
Kasira
My dA
All my characters/Adopts

Sig in progress \(^w^)/
SchnaDin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maligator » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:20 pm

SchnaDin wrote:Why does nobody wants to breed those colourful lions? i don't get it >-<
it was fun to think about the pose and how old they should be! The colours are not the best but common guys! Everyone do redlines but not breeding for prizes? Confusing world.... :/
Do you think it's a good idea to offer my lines for colour ins? Or do you want to let everyone do their own lines?

Very, very confusing. :P
I'm even considering adding more prizes...
And it would be really nice of you to let people use your lines! It would make people's lives so much easier. xD so, if you wouldn't mind, could you do that so that people don't have to worry about how there lines are? That would be wonderful! <333

The reason I put up this contest was that I needed a sibling for the cub I already created, because I had no more ideas. Maybe it would be a good idea for me to post the cub I designed so that people might have an okay idea of how to combine colors and markings considering how tough they are to combine?

These are my babies

Misty
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
If you can save,
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SchnaDin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 am

Cypher wrote:Very, very confusing. :P
And it would be really nice of you to let people use your lines! It would make people's lives so much easier. xD so, if you wouldn't mind, could you do that so that people don't have to worry about how there lines are? That would be wonderful! <333

The reason I put up this contest was that I needed a sibling for the cub I already created, because I had no more ideas. Maybe it would be a good idea for me to post the cub I designed so that people might have an okay idea of how to combine colors and markings considering how tough they are to combine?

Because you're so nice to me i will allow the others to use my lines (so they can choose to use mine or create one by themselves)! Maybe you could link them on your main page to my cub cave (with the black overlay) so i don't have to guide them trough everything or have to mention it down here :P
It would be very helpful if you post your existing cub ^^ People with no ideas can think about it and the others have some guidlines. I also will change my sig a little bit as some advertisment (drawings gooooo! XD)
Are those lines ok? I thought about trying a cub, which stands to the side so you can see the right or left side of it (for markings) or is the sitting enough?

P.S. i think everyone who wants to colour in some cubs need to inform me because i think i can't change the settings (not in the 'colour in' topic/thread)

Rukami
Kasira
My dA
All my characters/Adopts

Sig in progress \(^w^)/
SchnaDin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maligator » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:03 pm

SchnaDin wrote:
Cypher wrote:Very, very confusing. :P

Because you're so nice to me i will allow the others to use my lines (so they can choose to use mine or create one by themselves)! Maybe you could link them on your main page to my cub cave (with the black overlay) so i don't have to guide them trough everything or have to mention it down here :P
It would be very helpful if you post your existing cub ^^ People with no ideas can think about it and the others have some guidlines. I also will change my sig a little bit as some advertisment (drawings gooooo! XD)
Are those lines ok? I thought about trying a cub, which stands to the side so you can see the right or left side of it (for markings) or is the sitting enough?

P.S. i think everyone who wants to colour in some cubs need to inform me because i think i can't change the settings (not in the 'colour in' topic/thread)

Oh, thank you so much! You are really a big help, and I appreciate it!. ^^
And yes,I will most definitely put a link to your cave so that people can use the lines. I will have to do it a little later though, add I am on my phone and links are hard with mobile. ><
And I will definitely post my cub when I have a good example to show. ^^ as of now I have to find a way to post one.
And yes,i enjoy the lines you made very much ^^ even though it's not turned to the side,I can still tell how the makings are, so it's just fine how they are sitting.

I will edit the post as soon as I can with all the details, thank you again for the help!

These are my babies

Misty
but you'll be defined
by the times you didn't
quit. Will you be
remembered by what
darkness did, or what
you did with it?
Will you turn the
light out, or be a
human lighthouse?
Keep breaking down or
break your chains?
up on holding on… You'll
never know what could
have been. Who would
you be if you had just
stayed strong? You are
more than what you're
enduring, you can make
If you can save,
Maligator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cactuslion » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:02 pm

mark also anyone interested in entering this? viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2629910&p=83964966#p83964966
Hi! I'm lion : D they/them
cactuslion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StandAwayFromMe » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Wow! I love your art, they're so amazing! :clap: