Artist Tundra [gallery]
Time spent 19 hours, 57 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Lueur.

My Entry

Postby Tundra » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:16 am

My take on updating your character is that as she ages, she turns into a beautiful rose grey mare, has more Henna and has added and a few accessories... but she still kept her original "markings" for the most part. I got this concept from the fact that your original looks like young filly and quite often as Arabian horses age, their dark colors turn much lighter, even sometimes white like her wings have done on the primary feathers.

I need to do the color in without wings still, but it's 1AM and I have to get ready for work (I work 1 night at 3AM, otherwise during the days it's 11 to 5). I apologize I didn't get the color in done but the whole mare is done. :D

I would like to add streaks to the mane and tail for you if you'd like after you've made your decision but I wasn't sure if you still wanted her mane and tail streaked or not. I could even add rose pink.

Note, the color pallate is on it's own layer and can be hidden to show only the mare.

I'm trying to think of a way to add ribbons but every time I try, it seems they would interfere with her flying so I've decided to do a streamer off her tail and leave the legs alone. (I didn't get this done before midnight but if you'd like it, I'd be happy to do one for you the color of the bow on her braid. I also intended to have a bow at the top of the other mane braid.

Edit: The feathers on the dreamcatcher are those of a young bald eagle. It has the repeating knots with one hole in the center to let the good dreams through and of course webs to catch the bad dreams. I used the Native American colors (Of most tribes)of red, yellow and blue to create the string and pony beads although I can change the colors for you very very easily to more fit her colors. The Henna is in progress still.

Hoping you're liking her progression. Wings will be my next addition because I am going to show something on them, you'll see when the time comes. Wings and henna finished.

This is what the wings look like when spread out. You see the Henna on the wing when it is open.

I enjoyed creating a revamped character for you. I did edit the posture of the mare slightly as well, you'll notice it's buttox, stifle and loins are a little more like a posing Arabian, but not that much different than Neara's. it was because my full tail didn't sit right with where her tail set or rather I didn't like the conformation of it. :?

Credit for the lineart of the wings is printed above the wings, color of the wing lineart is my coloring.
P.S. The tail and mane lines are original and they are there, just colored the colors of the mane and tail.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me