redline attempt. by chart

Based on Click to view
Artist chart [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

redline attempt.

Postby chart » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:13 pm

i did my best at four in the morning with a mouse. it's been literal years since i've used the oekaki, and i just can't wait for my tablet to arrive to use it again.

i numbered places because i can't write with my mouse, so i figured i'd try my best to draw, then type here what i want to say with each part. i also did keep in mind that you seem to be a cartoonist like myself. owo

1. foxes have generally long, thin snouts. here is a great reference for that. they also don't have much of a forehead, i guess you could say. it kind of rolls right from the top of their heads into the snout. their noses are pretty small, as well. c:
2. foxes have kind of squinty eyes, if that makes any sense. their eyes are pretty small and always seem to be narrowed. the reference above is good for seeing this, too.
3. the ears i drew a bit big and messy. depending on what's on a fox's mind, the position of their ears change. if it is more irritated or concerned, its ears will angle more backwards. if it is interested or surprised, they will angle forward, and so on. x x also, size varies depending on the species of wolf. kit foxes and red foxes tend to have smaller or more 'medium' sized ears, while arctic foxes and fennec foxes tend to have larger ears.
4. paws are something i am still trying to figure out, so i tried my best. uvu foxes have kind of triangular paws. i kind of think of them as sharp paws - more boxy than they are fluffy or round. they're crisp, tiny feet. x
5. foxes have little hotdog bodies. they aren't really curvy - however, it can depend on the season. in the winter, they're likely to be skinner below the ribcage, and in the summer, it would be opposite.
6. fox tails don't have much movement. they just kind of chill their on the fox's rear. they don't really curve or do much unless the fox is moving.

7. something i forgot to draw on were legs. your legs are good (along with the rest of the drawing), but most foxes have skinnier legs, especially their front legs. both pairs of legs, front and back, are long and skinny.

i hope this helped. your drawing was beautiful as it was. owo but sometimes it helps to understand basics of real life so you can stretch and emphasis on them so the cartoon is more recognizable than it would be if the basic anatomy wasn't followed. v///v

 what is there between us,
    if not a little annihilation? *.✧

   ˗ˋ ˊ˗

chart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: redline attempt.

Postby MintyTé » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 am

Thanks! This helped so much :3

♥They/She♥ TH
I am not really active here anymore~
I may come back to do art or sell a few designs once in a while!
I mainly do art for USD now, if interested,
feel free to contact me via discord: SweetMintyTea#4382
MintyTé

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me