Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Felis Draconis adoption center - Open by Sora Kurai

Based on Click to view
Artist Sora Kurai [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Felis Draconis adoption center - Open

Postby Sora Kurai » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:04 pm

the Felis Draconis adoption center

1st post: intro / navigation
2nd post: Info
3rd post: Seasons / soul fyre?
4th post: Staff / rules
5th post: reserve

“Welcome to the Felis Draconis Adoption Center. Here you’ll find, and possibly befriend, one of these enigmatical creatures”
“Well, more like picky, but whatever;” A voice pipes up, cutting off the person speaking “Welcome to our mountain”
“Thank you Simon, as I was saying... Here is our little adoption center; Simon and I will lead you on a tour”

Here is our main-“ “Post! Where we welcome you, show you around and post news”
This is our information... post” “Where you can learn everything we know about me- I mean Felii”
Thisis more of a subsection to the above post, where we explain soulfyre, how Felii are affected by the four seasons, and how rare a certain season may be” “’Course I’m incredibly-“ “common; moving on”
Here is where we keep record of the center’s rules, our staff, and our affiliates” “...”
“And finally-”
*sighs* “go on” “Here is our spare space, empty posts that will gather dust until we have use for them!”
Last edited by Sora Kurai on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sora Kurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Felis Draconis - Main Info

Postby Sora Kurai » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Felis Draconis, or Felii, are small-ish serval/dragon hybrids that were discovered about two years ago.
Though incredibly intelligent, Felii are very wary of humans, making them difficult to observe in their natural habitat. Here is what we have managed to learn so far:
Felii don’t have fur, instead, they have needle thin scales that mimic fur. These scales are fireproof, protect against wounds and shimmer slightly when the Felis is healthy. Felii also have long ears and excellent hearing. They have adapted to be creatures of both the land and sky; even individuals born without wings have the ability to leap over 20 feet into the air. Felii have also adapted to have very strong bones that are unlikely to break after a nasty fall, but are still light enough to allow them to fly without too much effort.
One thing that makes Felii stick out is the bars on the back of their ears, and the stripes on their tails. We’re not quite sure why, but this markings just can’t be bred out, and they aren’t uniform, in fact, these markings seem to vary widely.
The other thing is their soul fyre. As a kit, a felis is better off with its soul bound to its heart, but as a felis ages, its soul becomes too much for the felis, and must be bound to something else. After the soul fyre is bound to a glass sphere, and that bound to a felis, the individual in question is finally able to breathe fire and use magic. If it had still been bound to the felis, the release of sheer power would kill it, so parents must carefully watch their young to make sure they don’t do anything foolish.

• Habitat: Felii can usually be found in forest hideaways, cliffside roosts, shallow scoops in the prairies, mountain caves, and of course, here! Felii usually go to great lengths to live away from human-populated areas.
  • Diet: Felii are omnivores, they’ll eat anything from rodents, to reptiles, birds of any size, fish and plants (especially poisonous ones). Felii have also been known to team up to take down larger prey
  • Size chart:
    -Newborn – 8-10 inches, 3-6 pounds; wingspan of 12-15 inches
    -Child – 11-15 inches, 8-11 pounds; wingspan of 18-26 inches
    -Teenager – 15-25 inches, 10-12 pounds; wingspan of 28-38 inches
    -Adult – 27-35 inches, 14-26 pounds; wingspan of 40-55 inches
    *measurements may be inaccurate in pps individuals

• Age: while FD’s grow at the same rate of a human, and can live many hundreds of years longer
    the growth rate will be drastically sped up here at the center, though.
    -Newborn/Child – 2 weeks
    -Child/Teenager – 1 month
    -Teenager/Adult – 1 month

• Vocalization: growls, chirps, clicks, purrs, hisses, yips, mews, roars and rasps are common for Felii. Most Felii can communicate with birds, mammals, reptiles and even fish; some will even learn human languages to entertain themselves.
    *Felii will only communicate vocally if in a group
  • “mutations”
    While about 25% of the Felis Draconis population has the most common type of wings and tails 75% are a combination of the 4 different wing types and 4 different tail types

Wings:
Bat wings (Image) -common
No wings (Image) -uncommon
Dragon wings (Image) –rare
Other –very rare
Tails:
Normal Tail (Image) -common
Tufted Tail (Image) -uncommon
Fluffy tail (Image) –rare
Other –very rare

Last edited by Sora Kurai on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sora Kurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Felis Draconis - SoulFyre & Seasons

Soul Fyre: This is, as the name implies, a Felis Draconis’s soul.
As a kit, a felis is better off with its soul bound to its heart, where it is relatively safer. But as a Felis ages, its soul becomes too volatile for the Felis's body, and must be bound to the Felis through something else so that it doesn't incinerate its body. Strong Felii mages have perfected this art, and those with questionable morals use this skill on other creatures. After the soul fyre is bound to a glass sphere, and that bound to a felis, the individual in question is finally able to breathe fire and possibly use magic, whereas if it had still been bound to the felis, any release of the soul fyre's power would kill it, so parents must carefully watch their young to make sure they don’t do anything foolish. A Felis's health is greatly affected by its soul fyre's presence. If a Felis somehow loses its soul fyre, it becomes very sick. Its coat dulls, and the shimmer that is usually present in its scales fades. If something happens, and a Felis's soul fyre can never be returned to its host, the Felis in question turns monochromatic, save the eyes, which usually glow. These Felis are called Gargoyles, and are known for their habit of eating Felii souls and (for those who had magic ability) turning things to stone

A Felis's soul fyre is always the same color as its eyes. The flame it breathes, on the other hand, depends on a felis's 'season'

Felis colors and magic (if they have any) aren't always affected by the season they are born during. Usually, these traits mimic colors and themes associated with a season. Also, some seasons are rarer than others.

Magic is not incredibly uncommon in a Felis Draconis, but having strong magic is. Over half the Felii population doesn't have magic, and most of the rest can only do small things before tiring themselves out, the rare few (50's + 100's) have stronger magic abilities and must be overseen by someone who can keep them safe.

Seasons:
Colors and Magic
Spring;;

common colors- lighter grays and browns, all shades of green
    uncommon colors- medium to darker grays and browns, all pastels
    never- black or white, intense/bright/dark colors
magic-
    weak: healing (small scrapes and bruises, or the ability to take on larger injuries, but will expend large amounts of energy)
    medium: healing (slight to medium severity cuts and bruises, may be able to take on more severe wounds, but will expend large amounts of energy), plant growing (mainly flowers and weeds, only in their preferred weather/time of day/light, not always able to control what type)
    strong: healing (from the slightest scrapes to pretty severe wounds, can take on most injuries and survive, but will expend large amounts of energy), plant growing (flowers and trees, most anywhere with fertile dirt, not always able to control what type), earth elementalist
    - second most common, weakest magic
Summer;;

common colors- basically any color
    uncommon colors- none
    never- None
magic-
    weak: making markings/eyes glow (color is decided by coloring already present, no influence of brightness), inability to be burned by (hot) fire
    medium: making markings, eyes, nose, mouth, paws glow. Sometimes able to make other things glow (no influence of color, moderate influence of brightness), inability to be harmed by any kind fire, influencing their own fire’s color
    strong: making markings, eyes, nose, mouth, paws glow. Sometimes able to make other things glow (some influence of color, brightness influenced by mood) fire elementalist (including: inability to be harmed by any kind fire, influencing their own fire’s color), light elementalist. Ability to use lightning
    - most common, second weakest magic

Fall;;

common colors- darker grays and browns, dulled warm colors
    uncommon colors- medium to lighter greys and browns, brighter warm colors
    never- Black, white, cool colors
magic-
    weak: bringing luck (good or bad, random chance of either) healing (small scrapes and bruises, or the ability to take on larger injuries, but will expend large amounts of energy)
    medium: bringing luck (have some ability to influence which, but sometimes random luck) Healing (slight to medium severity cuts and bruises, may be able to take on more severe wounds, but will expend large amounts of energy)
    strong: bringing luck (very powerful luck, completely able to influence what type, unable to influence what the luck does) healing (from the slightest scrapes to pretty severe wounds, can take on most injuries and survive, but will expend large amounts of energy) water elementalist
    - second rarest, second strongest magic

Winter;;

common colors- white, medium to lighter grays
    uncommon colors- black, dark grays, hues of blue and purple
    never- warm colors, greens or browns
magic-
    weak: freezing small amounts of water, frost
    medium: freezing ponds and other smaller bodies of water, frost, snow, can breathe a flame that will not burn
    strong: ice elementalist, air elementalist, the ability to breath an icy flame
    - most rare, magically strongest

*Felii with Medium-Strong magic must have a guardian to keep them in check, as they’re magic is very strong, and they could cause a natural disaster if not taught properly
Last edited by Sora Kurai on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sora Kurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Felis Draconis - Rules, Staff and Affiliates

General Rules;;

• all of Tess's rules apply
  • be respectful to everyone here: staff, owner, non-owner, it doesn't matter who, please be polite
  • avoid drama
  • please don't ask to be staff, I will post when I am looking for help
  • do not attempt to bribe staff
  • do not ask for a custom
  • don't mini-mod
  • don't steal anything Felis related. Designs, the species, or art. (Please pm me about Felis-related thefts)
  • please do not spam this topic.
  • Felis cannot be fursonas
  • you may not sell/trade/revamp your Felis
  • currently you may only own up to 5 Felii
  • if you no longer want your Felis, please pm me or the original artist to put it up for re-adoption
  • if you wish to give away your Felis, you must contact me first
  • I will add more rules as I find it necessary

Staff rules;;

• all staff members may make adopts if they so wish, but non-artists must check with me before posting an adopt
  • if you are going to be inactive for some time, for any reason, please let me know (if you do not wish to tell me why, that's perfectly fine)
  • staff may own up to 6 adopted Felii, and 2 customs (you must post at least 3 adopts, or have been a member of staff for at least one month before posting your custom)
  • artists should try to post more than one design a month (unless you have a reason as to why you can't)
  • please respect the season rules, I'd rather not see a winter Felis with magenta splashed over their scales
  • please post rarer tail/wing/season types less often
  • *when posting an adopt, please state whether or not it has the ability to use magic, and what it can do
  • This, and other info will be Pmed to all staff members
  • might add more later

Guest artist rules;;

• you may make up to three adopts, and one custom for yourself
  • you may make any season adopts
  • two of the Felii you post may have the basic magic abilities of their season, the other two must be magic-less
  • edits are allowed, though please check with me before posting your design
  • guest artists have 6 weeks to post all their designs
  • *same as above
  • may add more

Staff;;
Admin:
Glacier-Lily
Mods: /
Archivist: /
Artists: /
Guest Artists: /

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Affiliates:

no one yet

Advertisement:

heheh, nothing yet

Last edited by Sora Kurai on Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sora Kurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Felis Draconis - Events

Postby Sora Kurai » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Staff search

{link}
Last edited by Sora Kurai on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sora Kurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Felis Draconis adoption center - Open

Postby elysiaan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:08 pm

bump
elysiaan