Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Woodland Fox Adopts (Closed, go see v2) by AislingNyht

Based on Click to view
Artist AislingNyht [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
49 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Woodland Fox Adopts (Closed, go see v2)

Postby AislingNyht » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:05 am

Navigation:
Rules and staff
Staff forms and artist info
Banners and affiliates
Anouncemnents

Species Information

Woodland Foxes, aka WLF, are small mammals that live in the forests of Europe and North America. They aren't really foxes, but named so because they are related to them, and were discovered by Limona Foxx. They're around the size of the average house cat, and live in small family groups with no specified hierarchy. As omnivores, they commonly eat berries, small fish, birds, acorns, and crawfish. They usually make dens in caves or hollowed tree roots, and are only territorial of the den, not the area around it.
They were first domesticated as luxurious pets for the wealthy, but are now common pets. They get along well with other animals and children, and are very loyal to their owners, usually forming strong bonds and going everywhere with them. They're fairly easy to care for, as they only eat once every few days and usually entertain themselves, and as such are often given to children as first pets. Naturally stubborn and prideful, they take a while to train, but are very intelligent, so it can be done (with enough treats, of course).

How to Adopt

To adopt, go to one that says 'adopt me' or look on the archives for one that says 'contest open'. They're free, and will be adopted by contests or raffles.

Ever Kit Syndrome

Ever Kit Syndrome, aka EKS, is a condition kits may develop that causes them to never grow up. It occurs randomly and is not genetic. It's an uncommon syndrome, affecting maybe 1 in 10 kits. Kits, including EKS kits, cannot be bred until they are aged to adults. EKS cannot be cured, and owners cannot apply for them to be aged.

Aging and Breeding

Go to this thread to apply for your WLF to be aged to an adult or bred with another WLF. Remember, you're not allowed to advertise for a breeding on any WLF thread. Instead, PM people that may be interested or make a separate thread. More information on aging and breeding is found here.

Lines are not mine, here is the original editable.

AislingNyht wrote:Woodland Fox Adopts is going on hiatus for a while. With Catalyst at basic training and me on mobile only, there's currently no way for us to run it. If I have a steady source of wifi when I move, we'll reopen then, but if not we probably won't open up again until the summer is over. You can try out for the foxes currently UFA, but no more will be made, nor are we accepting breedings and agings. When we come back, we'll be in version 2, with new lineart and features, so keep this thread bookmarked and watch for our reopening!
Last edited by AislingNyht on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:00 am, edited 30 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Staff

Postby AislingNyht » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:28 am

Rules

● Follow all site rules, no spam, no art theft, no advertising on this thread or its branching threads.
●If you no longer want your WLF, PM me or Yven* and it'll be put up for readoption.
●Artists and staff may have 3 customs each.
●Do not ask for a custom. We may occasionally have events or contests where you can win a custom, but don't ask for one.
●Be respectful to everyone, especially artists and staff.
●Feel free to post questions or suggestions, though they're more likely to quickly be responded to if you PM them to a staff member instead.

Banned:
Meep Meep for stealing one of Dona's WLF designs.

Staff:
Owner: AislingNyht (head honcho, artist, archivist, thread-keeper, demon watching from the shadows of your nightmares, lady who bakes bread and performs witchcraft)

Admin: Yven (artist, mod, computer expert, nat guard peep, lady with red lips and daggers up her sleeves, the best cow)

Mod: Dr.Holmes
Mod: CryogenicGoddess

Artists:
DonaTechno (lead artist, cool Australian person, better than you at drawing braids)
owl0430

Guest Artists:
Speak (0/5 WLFs)
xxT-girlxx (0/5 WLFs)

*Whenever I say Yven, I mean this lady, who feels the need to constantly change her name. And yes Yven, I called you a lady, though we both know that's not the most fitting title. ;p love ya
Last edited by AislingNyht on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:52 am, edited 21 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms and Artist Info

Postby AislingNyht » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:38 am

Please post your forms on this thread. :)

Mod:
Code: Select all
Username:
Other experience: (not required, but recommended)
How often are you on:

Artist: Contest here
Username:
Example of your art:
Experience:
How often will you be able to make WLF:

Branching thread owner:
*We need someone to make the archives and the aging/breeding thread
Username:
How often are you on:
Which thread would you be willing to make and maintain:

Artist Info:

●I'd like to have 3-5 WLF up for adoption at any time, so if there are already around 5 with contests open, pm me before making another. You can make your customs whenever you want.
●The designs are up to you, and may be natural or unnatural.
●Adoptables with line edits or added items must be adopted with a contest, instead of a raffle.
●If your adoptable is a kit, you must specify if it has EKS.
●Use alpha lock, and make separate layers for any line edits.
●Make sure to label them as 'adopt me!', 'custom', or 'EKS'. There are already layers for the labels, and remove the 'adopt me' label when the contest is won.
●Guest artists may make 5 WLFs, and are allowed 1 custom.
●When aging a kit for someone, please click 'color me' under their original WLF so the adult will show up under the kit. When breeding, make the kits off of the parent owned by the person who submitted the form.
Last edited by AislingNyht on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:51 am, edited 12 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Banners and Affiliates

Postby AislingNyht » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:53 am

Banners:
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2515945][img]http://s28.postimg.org/jhrrx8trx/WLF.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2515945][img]http://i61.tinypic.com/11u9b3s.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2515945][img]http://s2.postimg.org/p6vuka1wp/Untitled_1.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2515945][IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/532vzk.png[/IMG][/url]

Affiliates:
Check out these adoption agencies!

Pm me or post here with a banner for your agency to get added.
Last edited by AislingNyht on Wed May 06, 2015 4:01 am, edited 17 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Announcements

Postby AislingNyht » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:27 am

There are still plenty of foxes up for adoption, and I finally got around to cleaning the archives and making the coding not disgusting. Check them out!
Last edited by AislingNyht on Tue May 19, 2015 8:17 am, edited 23 times in total.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Woodland Foxes- Open! Seeking staff & artists

Postby AislingNyht » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Posting open :)
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:43 pm

Username: DonaTechno
Example of your art: I can't really get links right now, as my iPad is a derp and I am not on my computer, but I have more than enough examples in my gallery.
Experience: I have been designing characters since 2009, I have done adoptables before and I have done deviantart adoptables as well.
How often will you be able to make WLF: probably 1-3 times a week, if I'm not extremely busy. I'm usually very strict with forms for adopts, though, so I won't be a first-come-first-serve kind of person.

I will, if asked, put out an adoptable or do a breeding, even if I've already done so that week, or if I'm busy. Though, I usually take 3-6 hours on a design, so they'll still take a bit to come out. Also, if allowed, when designing characters I like to do line edits. Is that okay? Just for accessories or hairstyles?

And also, I'm in Australia, so my time is often opposite to most people, so if I don't reply straight away, I'm either sleeping or doing something that doesn't involve being home. //which rarely happens because I don't have a life.

I have read through the information. These sound and look so cool *^*

Also, you may want to ask a mod to move these to adoptables.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wild

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AislingNyht » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:15 pm

DonaTechno wrote:Username: DonaTechno
Example of your art: I can't really get links right now, as my iPad is a derp and I am not on my computer, but I have more than enough examples in my gallery.
Experience: I have been designing characters since 2009, I have done adoptables before and I have done deviantart adoptables as well.
How often will you be able to make WLF: probably 1-3 times a week, if I'm not extremely busy. I'm usually very strict with forms for adopts, though, so I won't be a first-come-first-serve kind of person.

I will, if asked, put out an adoptable or do a breeding, even if I've already done so that week, or if I'm busy. Though, I usually take 3-6 hours on a design, so they'll still take a bit to come out. Also, if allowed, when designing characters I like to do line edits. Is that okay? Just for accessories or hairstyles?

And also, I'm in Australia, so my time is often opposite to most people, so if I don't reply straight away, I'm either sleeping or doing something that doesn't involve being home. //which rarely happens because I don't have a life.

I have read through the information. These sound and look so cool *^*

Also, you may want to ask a mod to move these to adoptables.

Your gallery looks great, you're hired! :)
Line edits are fine, and I ask that adoptables with line edits (except tiny edits) be with more strict forms anyway, so it works out great.

Oh, and Yven already asked for it to be moved.
AislingNyht

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr.Holmes » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Username:Dr.Holmes
Other experience: I've been a mod for two roleplays and two adoptable threads. One which is currently brand new like this one.
How often are you on:Everyday for at least four horses(no life), I might not always seem like I'm on as sometimes I put in the box so, no one knows I am.
Dr.Holmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me