Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

DLH's Free QUOTE Characters (V.2) - We're back! (closed) by DragonLoverHere

Based on Click to view
Artist DragonLoverHere [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

DLH's Free QUOTE Characters (V.2) - We're back! (closed)

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:06 am

284 Characters created and distributed since August 31, 2012

Original Shop - Chat Thread - Archives (WIP)

First off! These lines are NOT mine! They were made by the amazing Tali-Bae. . I admit, most of my lines are rubbish below what I wish they'd be, so I prefer to use pre-made to at least give me a skeleton.
In additional note, all character art you see adorning these posts was made by myself of previous designs distributed by the shoppe. These were made with owner consent, and are for use only by myself and the OC owners.

But... What does QUOTE stand for?
You may have seen me snooping about the contest or colored in pets boards, and you will find that the reason is I make many MANY characters, upon request and in my boredom and need for pets. Every time I make one, I promise five things to the contest host or requester, aka my QUOTE characters. What does it stand for?

Quality • Unique • Open to modification • Time • Effort

I guarantee, all will be made to your expectations, or I will make you an uber special bonus character with it! :thumbup: I will even continue editing the character until it is to your standards!

Announcements!
We're back in business, baby! :mrgreen: And just in time for the holidays!
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:40 am, edited 23 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules, Policies, and Warnings

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Rules
Now, I do have rules! Everyone hates em, but I have trouble as it is without.... Please follow them!
(prone to updates as necessary)

Patience is a virtue - It may seem like I live on CS. I enjoy making you guys free characters, but I do not have all the time in the world. I have a life outside of CS

Be polite - Please remember to use your manners at all times, whether on a forum topic or PM

Once the shoppe is closed, do not edit your form - Wait until I have created your order, and then we can discuss changes on there. It keeps stuff clean and efficient

Give specific reference pictures for what you are looking for - I do not have time to go on a wild goose chase for good refs only to get the idea wrong

Use these characters - I spend as much as five hours straight working on one character, and would like them to be used and appreciated! You do not have permission to sell them so they get used, either. (see our policies for readoption)

I reserve rights to deny/postpone your form - I am an artist, not a factory. I try to make perfection in the shortest time possible. If I am snappy, I apologize, but I'm a busy person!

When in chat with me about changes/details, keep it business - If you want to get advice/chat, please make a new pm to me or post on our forums

When it's closed, it's closed! - No exceptions. I don't care if you're frequent, I don't care if you try and bribe me. It is closed

No stealing others orders - Credit my work and don't claim as your own! Art theft will result in a permanent ban

WIP forms or reserving spots is prohibited - I have so many things to do already, I can't sit and wait for you to get it done

Please do not post on main thread if closed. - Posting on made characters is fine, Premade forms are good. Hey, guess what? *points at our forum chat thread* Go there to chit chat!

Wait five posts before posting another. - This lets others get art as well as you

Do not spam! - We have had a ton of difficulty with this in the past! So, to help clarify this issue, here's a small chart made by Doncaster of what's an appropriate post and what isn't
Doncaster wrote:Spam
-Forms when closed. (Obviously)
-Impatience. (Eg: When will my charrie be done, I've been waiting ages)
-Excitement. (Eg: OMG I'm next on the list XD)
-Mini-modding. (Leave that to the mods, or report it)
-Asking when the thread will be opening.
-Congratulating.

Things that are acceptable:
-Asking relevant questions.

For further list of minor rules and clarification, please click here

Ownership and Adoption Policies
Upon adoption/creation of an OC under your ownership, you agree to follow all rules set forward in the shoppe, as well as those that may be added in the future, regarding OC ownership and otherwise. This shoppe reserves all rights to withhold or confiscate an OC under ban or certain rule violations from the owner/commissioner. In the event of an OC being taken away, all art and writing involving the OC must be handed over to the shoppe for readoption purposes, and reimbursement for said art or lack thereof will be decided by DLH herself.

Rehousing a no longer wanted OC requires you following the following processes. You must message the creator of the OC, who will in turn once they have approved a transfer message DLH. You will send the artists all art, writing, etc. related to the OC, as well as your standards for re-adoption in the event of a public re-adoption. No currency may be charged for a rehousing in any form or reason, unless otherwise stated by DLH. The artist's only responsibility is to set up the adoption, with all extra writing/art included, while it is the owner's choice of whom the OC goes to after fair contest, raffle, etc.

Owners may also choose to gift OCs from this shoppe to others for no charge. In the event of this you must message the artist the new owner's name, who will in turn message DLH once the gifting is approved. At this point you are required to send all art, writing, etc. related to the OC to the new owner without charge or penalty.

All other forms of re-homing OCs made by this shoppe must be first checked and approved by DLH herself. Re-homing without consent will result in a ban, character confiscation, and/or other decided punishments as agreed upon by the designer and/or DLH.

Warnings
I seriously hoped it wouldn't come to this... But, sorry guys. I now have a three strike system you must follow. In order to prevent you from getting a warning, please read the rules above.
One Warning means one form you posted is rejected, or you get verbal warning, depending on offense harshness
Two Warnings means all forms of the current or next opening are rejected
Three Warnings means a full opening ban, all forms rejected, and possible permanent ban based upon severity of consequence

The Warning List
None! Please keep it like this!
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:29 am, edited 13 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Premades and Rehousing Efforts

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Premades
Sometimes, when I feel like it, I will make a premade character that can be adopted out. Mostly, though, I will release them in themed sets. They're always changing, so watch here if you are looking for something to grab and go! Some side notes on applying for a premade...
- You can fill out as many forms as you want for different characters!
- Forms may be any length; the longer, the better! But not a novel... Several paragraphs is nice
- Post the form for one on the topic, not this thread.

Rehousing
Some OCs, ordered, premade, or gifted, lose connection with their owners. These OCs are then put back up for public re-adoption if the owner so chooses, be it in the form of an impressing contest, a raffle, or any other countless ways. With some come extra writing and art procured by the former owner. However, it must be noted that...
- You can apply for as many as you like, so long as you obey each ones individual rules for applying
- Forms and applications must be tailored to the taste of the original owner, not the artist
- Forms must be posted to the topics, not this thread.

What's up next in Premades?
I dunno! Go post your ideas on our chat thread

We need homes! Please adopt us! You can apply for us by clicking our picture and posting the form found there.
Image - Image - Image
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 am, edited 13 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events and Contests

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Hmm... It seems nothing is happening at the moment! Check back later! :D
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Detail Scale and Forms Explained

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Detail Scale
I have a detail scale here to help make things easy for both of us! Follow it, and we can get better results.

1-3
A pretty basic design; broad and easy large details like shapes and swirls. Little to no intricacy, few accessories, maybe a new line modification. No detailed backdrop or added extra like a plush.

4-6
A semi-intricate design, like overlapping swirls and flowers, or very detailed bits. Design is more difficult and fine, but moderate. A couple of harder accessories, a couple large line changes, and possibly a basic detailed added background (field, sky...), or some extra bits.

7-9
Extravagant design with loads of detail and fine marks, difficult and big modifications, big hard accessories, and a complicated backdrop/extra bits.

If you order a 10, then you are getting nothing but the best, and should be patient...

Forms Explained
Here is the breakdown and explanation of each common aspect in forms. Use this short analysis to help you fill out your form more clearly for better results!

Username: Place your current username here

Detail rating: Using our detail scale, select a number/range that is close to how complex you want the OC

Designs you'd like to see: Use photos and descriptions to describe the pelt of your OC

Color scheme: Use hex codes, palettes, and specific colors to describe the coloration of the OC

Theme: All this is asking is what is the inspiring idea behind the OC. Clothing, A backstory, a fashion kind...

Hair: List any hairstyle, or lack thereof, you want to see. Pictures are great

Jewelry: Includes bracelets, hair ornaments, earrings, necklaces, etc.

Other accessories: Any accessories that are not jewelry or clothes, like gloves, hats, scarves, etc.

Clothes: Shirts, dresses, pants, etc. you are looking for

Background: Select an image, pattern, or idea for the backdrop on the reference, or none at all

Music/genre/artist to inspire: link to/list music and/or artists and genres of music you think match the design

Extra bits: Include anything not covered by the other categories, including plushes, companions, and items the OC may hold

Other: Here you can select a guest artist to do your form if you desire, just name them. You can also say your thanks and whatever you like here
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Form Catalog

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Forms
Okay then, enough chatter! On to the forms! Please fill all fields in accurately, using pictures and links to make the form more specific (it helps a TON). Keep it clean to read, don't change the format in any way, the basics. If the character form you want is NOT here, then please pm me.
The ones I have below are for:
A new specific character
A new fursona
Gifting another person a design
References
Revamps
A mate
A scratch random character
Something on different lineart
Breeding characters

Specific Character from Scratch
(if species is other than canine, PLEASE use the other lines form)

Code: Select all
Make me a character from scratch!
Username:
Detail rating:
Designs you'd like to see:
Color scheme:
Theme:
Hair:
Line mutations (wings, tails, etc.):
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Background:
Music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone, it really does improve it!):
Extra bits:
Other:

Fursona
Make me a fursona!
Username:
Species (if not canine or similar, please provide link to lines you would prefer used):
Detail rating:
Lucky number:
Colors you like:
Styles you like:
Hair:
Line mutations you like (wings, tails, etc.):
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Favorite music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone, it really does improve it!):
Background:
Extra bits:
Other:

Character Gift for Someone
((Note; this is the ONLY form that may be PMed for secrecy if prefered))

Make a character gift for someone!
Username:
Link to profile of one to be given to:
Do you want to be anonymous:
Date to be given & will you give it yourself? (if with deadline, pm me a copy as well):
Detail rating:
Color scheme:
Theme:
Hair:
Line mutations:
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Background:
Music/genre/artist to inspire:
Extra bits:
Other:

Reference Sheet
Make me a ref for my character/fursona!
Username:
Detail rating:
Other lines (optional; find a different lineart you like and show me):
Image(s) of the character/fursona:
Background:
Other:

Revamp
Revamp my character/fursona!
Username:
Detail rating:
The one to revamp:
How do you want them changed:
(for fursona) How have you felt you've changed from them:
Things to be the same:
Music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone, it really does improve it!):
Extra bits:
Background:
Other:

Mate for an OC
Make my character/fursona a mate!
Username:
Detail rating:
The bachelor(ette) pic and name:
Gender for mate:
Color scheme:
Theme:
Hair:
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Extra bits:
Background:
Other:

Random OC
Make me something random!
Username:
Detail rating:
What're you looking for/theme:
Background:
Extra bits:
Other:

Different Lines
Make me something on different lines!
Username:
Detail rating:
Lines (find a different lineart you like and show me it):
Detail:
Color scheme:
Hair:
Theme:
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Background:
Extra bits:
Other:

Breeding
Breed my characters!
Username:
Detail rating:
Lines you'd like used for pups (optional; find a different lineart you like and show me it):
The female:
The male:
Specific things you want to see:
# of pups, gender ratio:
Music you think suits the litter/individual pups:
Would you consider adopting out the pups to others? Any special terms you'd apply to the adoption out?:
Background:
Extra bits:
Other:
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Listings and Responsibilities

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:10 pm

President and Owner
DragonLoverHere

Coding Ninja
Kiwi (Hiatus)

- Must keep ready contact with DLH for all large coding necessities, from posts to events to tweaks in coding
- Must be an awesome kiwi bird
- Must be ready at moments notice to scold DLH for screwing up coding

Archivist
~Aragorn~

- Must log on, at least weekly, to record all new adopts and owners
- All archives must include old adopts, as well as new adopts
- Archivist must be willing to message old adopt owners, and establish if they still own or have sold/gifted/etc. the OC(s) originally from the shop
- Must establish personal and easy to navigate organization system for all customers and staff to read and understand
- Archivist, in the event of resignation, must inform DLH so a new archivist may be selected, and the archives handed over for easy coding to the new staff member

Moderators
ImageImage Image
Eragon <))^>< - rochester. - Spiritstar3

- Must familiarize self with all rules and policies, and be ready to use them in behavior corrections and disputes
- Must message DLH any rule violations/spam/etc. in unedited quote, with offender username attached and a brief description of the offence, with suggested punishment level
- Must be willing, if event requires, to make calls on non-regulated actions as being rule-violating or not, and be willing to make rule amendments and suggestions for future clients to DLH
- Be eager to answer questions, join discussions, and have general activity on all threads related to DLH’s QUOTE Characters while on duty
- A moderator, in the event of resignation, must inform DLH so a new moderator may be selected, and the job handed over to the new staff member

Guest Artists
Never fear, for the guest artists are here! They will make premades for the most part, but I might request they do a form or two in the long run. You can request in the 'Other' section of forms if you want them to make your character order!
ImageImage
Mayazra - Sentoki

STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS

Username:
On a scale of 1-5, how active are you on CS:
Have you ever been a guest artist before:
Link to gallery:
Why do you want to be an artist:
Other:

- Must be on regular alert to locate forms assigned to them, and keep a well-regulated and prompt time window for completing the forms
- All creations must be done to the QUOTE standards, and with a smile
- Upon completing a form, must include the following in the post referring to the OC and update the information as necessary with time on the drawing and in the post:
    o Owner and orderer (must ALSO be linked to profiles)
    o OC Name
    o OC Gender
    o Paragraph (at least) describing aspects of the OC, from interesting markings and traits of the design to colors and inspirations
    o The original order form, quoted
    o Post title must be formatted as: (Nickname for creation) – (form type) for (owner) ((insert in parentheses here orderer name if a gift))
- Must inform commissioner of the completion of a form, with appropriate linkage to the OC for confirmation
- Must keep in touch with Archivist regarding OC ownership, recording, etc.
- An artist, in the event of resignation, must inform DLH so a new artist may be selected, and the job handed over to the new staff member
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

VIP Passes and Draconian

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:20 pm

The Draconian!
The people listed here, or the Draconian, are the most avid orderers or stalkers of the shop. That, or they just have deep interest in the adopts! Post if you would like to have your name added to the ranks; Draconian sometimes can get special treats and bonuses for sticking around! And, of course, anyone can join whether you're new or regular to the shoppe!

rabbit448
SpartanAmethyst
WitchSoul0123
Eragon <))^><
Lyncher
Spiritstar3

VIP Passes and Owners
Yep! I give out special passes on occasion that give special shop benefits! If you want one, watch the announcements and this thread here. They can be super awesome! To use them, post what form you are using in the "Other" section of your form

Front of Line Pass (gets you in the next to be made slot no matter how far back you are)
Sentoki (x2) • VampireKnight<3 • -Spirit • *Cat19* • GreenRaindrops • Lᴏᴋɪ's♥Tᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ♥Hᴇᴀʀᴛ • Dawn :3 • Willow-Wolf • silverwolf26282 • Beautiful Sky • Eragon <))^>< • Tibereous • Rainbows Rule • wesleydog • lily~zebra • Riakou • the timey thing • Thalia. • .Windigo.

Double Form Pass (enables you to post two forms in one post)
ℓα∂ʏ мαямαℓα∂ɛ

Closed Keys (let you post a form when I am closed!)
Sentoki (x2) • VampireKnight<3 • SpartanAmythest • Lᴏᴋɪ's♥Tᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ♥Hᴇᴀʀᴛ • rabbit448 • **Nightwhisper**
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Advertisement and Affiliates

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Mascot and Thread Advertising

Meet Arthur, but if you like you can call him Arty. He's our little representative for the thread, and he will be the main advertising guy around. If you want to, it'd be much appreciated if you could make art of him or even a banner or stamp using him to get the thread out there! Hey, who out there wouldn't like an amazing free character made from scratch?! Here are some we have from amazing people out there:

By Way-way-wayward

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2506326][img]http://picasion.com/pic59/191bf63b9c1783ffc439095ac708e741.gif[/img][/url]

Affiliates
All of the below threads are associated and sponsored by DLH's QUOTE Characters. If you'd like your association, group, or club added to the list below for publicity, message DLH with a link to the group, a stamp or icon to advertise it clearly, and a description of it, and she will add you!

N/A Yet!
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby DragonLoverHere » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:14 am

Frequently Asked Questions
Yep, here's a list of all the questions mods and I get on a regular basis. If you have a question you think should be added, please pm one of us or post on our chat thread.

Person wrote:Did you accept my form?!D:

All forms posted within the period of an opening are automatically accept unless there is a post stating otherwise and/or a pm from myself or another of the staff. If you followed the rules and posted your form during the open period, then it's accept no questions asked. We do this to avoid needless spam to say everything is accepted and inbox floods.

Person wrote:Can I get a PM for when my form is done?

All orders get an automatic formatted PM from myself containing the link to the completed character order. There's no need to ask for one in your form; you're already going to get one. Even COPPA'D members receive a message via a trade suggestion. So don't worry!

Person wrote:Can I get multiple versions of my character? (ie: without accessories, TP background, etc.)

Extra versions of your order are available upon request. You can post a request like this on your finished character, and you could request it in your form.

Person wrote:How do I apply to get a character you made for me changed a little bit? (ie: hair tweaking, accessory adjustments or changes, etc.)

Any adjustments after a reference is made, even if it's been a while since it has been posted on, can be directed onto it's reference page. Just go to the original, post what you desire to be changed (tweaks only; no full on revamps of designs because there is a form for that), and I will get around to the adjustments. I will pm you and post when they have been made.

Person wrote:Can I repost my form?

Hold up there! before you even think of reposting a form, there's three key questions to look into!
    Did I post this when the shop title read 'Open' or 'Closed'? - if posted when closed, meaning you never received the character, you may repost the form
    Do I have any warnings? - warnings and bans may impede your reposting. Wait until these are lifted to repost
    Did I post it already THIS opening? - No double postings. It can take a loooong time to get to the next five cue, so if you already posted it this opening, be patient. Reposting when it's already in the huge line is a no no and is spamming!

Person wrote:I'd love to watch you make mine! Can I please have it screen shared?

Sorry, as of now it's a no go. I'd normally offer this, but technical issues have caused screen sharing to be paused for the time being. :(

Person wrote:Can I get multiple OCs per opening?

Sure you can! Simply comply to the five-post waiting period between your forms (unless you are using a double form pass), and you can get tons of OCs in an opening!

Person wrote:Could anyone join the draconian list? Or just people that have more then one oc from the shop?

Anyone and everyone is welcome to become a Draconian! It simply means that you want regular updates on events and the shoppe, and maybe a free gift every now and again ;)
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me