Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

DLH's Free QUOTE Characters - The Rebirth (80%) by DragonLoverHere

Based on Click to view
Artist DragonLoverHere [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
106 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

DLH's Free QUOTE Characters - The Rebirth (80%)

Postby DragonLoverHere » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:26 am

DragonLoverHere's Free Character References!
232 Characters created and distributed since August 31, 2012
OPEN/CLOSED
NEW! Chat Thread - Archives (WIP!) - Live Art (technical issues)

First off! These lines are NOT mine! They were made by the amazing Tali-Bae. . I admit, most of my lines are rubbish below what I wish they'd be, so I prefer to use pre-made to at least give me a skeleton.

Table of Contents:
Intro/Advertising/Staff(you're here)
Rules and Warnings
Premades, waiting line, and other info
Forms
FAQ

Announcements!
Alright guys! Phase one of the recreation is just about complete. For further notices, you can use the update bar in the first post for information!

Now, phase two is among the most complicated parts, as it is going to require a ton of you guys pitching in! Below I have listed a number of forms for various positions or small assignments. Please fill these out and post them to our Chat Thread if you are interested!

Make your Ordered OC a STAR!
Have an OC you ordered from here many moons ago? Would you like to make them the newest star of the thread? Well, here's your chance for them to get recognized, get some art, and be fabulous! For a limited time I am accepting applications of your OCs so that they can be used to decorate our humble little thread. OCs must be made by this adopt and it's preferred if they aren't too complex, however any and all will be considered!
Code: Select all
Username:
Link and name of OC(s) applying:
Tell me, very briefly, about the OC(s):
Why do you want them to be picked:
Other:

Become our new Archivist!
Sadly, our last archive never blossomed as it should have. This made things quite messy in the long run for records and re-adoptions. Our new archivist need to be fairly active, willing to spend a long while on updating and coding lists, and needs to keep themselves aware of the current goings on of the threads.
Username:
Are you comfortable with coding on the CS forums:
Experience that could help:
Why do you want to be Archivist:
Other:

Become a Moderator!
Mods are crucial to keeping things clean and efficient for everyone on this adopt. They need to answer relevant questions, give out warnings and other punishments, regulate spam, and inform me of actions and punishments that require recording. They carry quite a burden while I am locked up in the shoppe with Arty, and so must be ready to make enemies in return for keeping the peace and being fair.
Username:
On a scale of 1-5, how active are you on CS:
Have you ever been a moderator before:
Why do you want to be a moderator:
Other:

Become an Artist!
Sometimes, the workload gets a little too heavy, even for me! And sometimes you want a different artist to make your baby OC reality. Never fear, for guest artists are here! Any applicants must be regularly active on CS and the adopts, have former experience with Oekaki, and be happy and quick to make forms submitted for themselves. They must also be comfortable with designing Premade OCs.
Username:
On a scale of 1-5, how active are you on CS:
Have you ever been a guest artist before:
Link to gallery:
Why do you want to be an artist:
Other:

DragonLoverHere wrote:Hey, everyone. It's been a long, hard year for me. Far longer and harder than I ever expected it could be. I suppose I owe all of you, my faithful followers, an explanation.

As January swung in, let's say quite a lot of drama swept up my life. I lost a dear friend before school started, caused a heartbreak and broke my own heart, and then school. Oh, school. xp Let's just say advanced testing courses ate up all free time and energy I had. Then, as things settled around summer vacation, I lost my grandpa to heart failure, and got caught in the middle of high social anxiety and some intense therapy. So now the new school year has begun, the most heavy-lifting one yet.

As you can see, life is slowly degenerating my motivations, and has prevented me from any of my plans for this shoppe. But let me tell you that this has been the single greatest change to my life, and I have never felt such joy as I have here, making you guys your OCs!

As such, after so much thought and grueling decision making about my current stances...
We're going to be coming back!
That's right, DLH's QUOTE Characters is going to be reborn! We were among the first OC shoppes as you may recall, and we never charged a cent for the OCs of your wildest dreams. That will never change! However, improvements shall be made, regulations and a greater activity staff hired, and more services offered. We will make those forgotten dreams reality this time!

Your supports in this endeavor are all we need to revitalize the shoppe. I'm asking you to spread the word about it, and also help me find a new lineart you love for the next generation (if you like this one, just say so below) ;)

We can do it! It may be slow, but I know we can!
DLH

But... What does QUOTE stand for?
Some of you may have seen me snooping about the contest or colored in pets boards, and you will find that the reason is I make many MANY characters, upon request and in my boredom and need for pets. Every time I make one, I promise five things to the contest host or requester, aka my QUOTE characters. What does it stand for?
Quality • Unique • Openness to modification • Time • Effort
I guarantee, all will be made to your expectations, or I will make you an uber special bonus character with it! :thumbup: I will even continue editing the character until it is to your standards!

Mascot and Advertising
Meet Arthur, but if you like you can call him Arty. He's our little representative for the thread, and he will be the main advertising guy around. If you want to, it'd be much appreciated if you could make art of him or even a banner or stamp using him to get the thread out there! Hey, who out there wouldn't like an amazing free character made from scratch?! Here are some we have from amazing people out there:
By Way-way-wayward
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1377832][img]http://picasion.com/pic59/191bf63b9c1783ffc439095ac708e741.gif[/img][/url]

The Staff
Whenever I am in a rut on a design or having a tough time, these people are my go-tos for assistance!
camiecat03
Fairdevin
S Y L A R
RoyalDarkness316~
Oliveleaf323

I have also chosen a couple mods for the thread, seeing as I get overloaded with orders and ideas from others. When I am in the shop, they will keep an eye on the goings on of the thread so I can focus. Listen to em, ya hear?
the timey thing
Doncaster

Never fear, for the guest artists are here! They will make premades for the most part, but I might request they do a form or two in the long run. You can request in the 'Other' section of forms if you want them to make your character order!
N/A
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:12 am, edited 198 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Warnings

Postby DragonLoverHere » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:33 am

Rules
Now, I do have rules! Everyone hates em, but I have trouble as it is without.... Please follow them!

Patience is a virtue
It may seem like I live on CS I am on so much. I enjoy making you guys free characters, but I do not have all the time in the world, and as well as a life outside of CS

Be polite
Please remember to use your manners at all times, whether on a forum topic or PM

Once your name is on the waiting list, do not edit your form
Wait until I have created your order, and then we can discuss changes on there. It keeps stuff clean and efficient

Give specific reference pictures for what you are looking for
I do not have time to go on a wild goose chase for good refs only to get the idea wrong

Use these characters
I spend as much as five hours straight working on one character, and would like them to be used and appreciated! You do not have permission to sell them so they get used, either. You must pm me first so we can discuss the character transfer!

I reserve rights to deny/postpone your form
I am an artist, not a factory. I try to make perfection in the shortest time possible, I really do. If I am snappy, I apologize, but I'm a busy person!

When in chat with me about changes/details, keep it business
If you want to get advice or chat, please make a new pm to me or post on our forums

When it's closed, it's closed!
Period. No exceptions. I don't care if you're frequent, I don't care if you try and bribe me. It is closed

No stealing others orders
I am a big person on art theft; Credit my work and don't claim as your own! Art theft will result in a permanent ban

WIP forms or reserving spots is prohibited
Why? I have so many things to do already, I can't sit and wait for you to get it done

Please do not post on main thread if closed.
Posting on made characters is fine, Premade forms are good. Hey, guess what? *points at our forum chat thread* Go there to chit chat!

Wait until your first form is done before posting another.
This lets others get art as well as you

Do not spam!
We have had a ton of difficulty with this in the past! So, to help clarify this issue, here's a small chart made by Doncaster of what's an appropriate post and what isn't
Doncaster wrote:Spam
-Forms when closed. (Obviously)
-Impatience. (Eg: When will my charrie be done, I've been waiting ages)
-Excitement. (Eg: OMG I'm next on the list XD)
-Mini-modding. (Leave that to the mods, or report it)
-Asking when the thread will be opening.
-Congratulating.
-Bookmarking.

Things that are acceptable:
-Asking relevant questions.

For further list of minor rules and clarification, please click here

Warnings
I seriously hoped it wouldn't come to this... But, sorry guys. I now have a three strike system you must follow. In order to prevent you from getting a warning, please read the rules above.
One Warning
This means one form you posted is rejected, or you get verbal warning, depending on offense harshness
Two Warnings
This means all forms of the current or next opening are rejected
Three Warnings
This means a full opening ban, all forms rejected, and possible permanent ban based upon severity of consequence

The Warning List
None! Please keep it like this!
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:17 am, edited 177 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Premades, Waiting line, and more info

Postby DragonLoverHere » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:41 am

Detail Scale
I have a detail scale here to help make things easy for both of us! Follow it, and we can get better results.

1-3
A pretty basic design; broad and easy large details like shapes and swirls. Little to no intricacy, few accessories, maybe a new line modification. No detailed backdrop or added extra like a plush.

4-6
A semi-intricate design, like overlapping swirls and flowers, or very detailed bits. Design is more difficult and fine, but moderate. A couple of harder accessories, a couple large line changes, and possibly a basic detailed added background (field, sky...), or some extra bits.

7-9
Extravagant design with loads of detail and fine marks, difficult and big modifications, big hard accessories, and a complicated backdrop/extra bits.

If you order a 10, then you are getting nothing but my best, and should be patient...

VIP Passes and Owners
Yep! I give out special passes on occasion that give special shop benefits! If you want one, watch the announcements and this thread here. They can be super awesome!

Front of Line Pass (gets you in the next to be made slot no matter how far back you are)
Sentoki (x2) • VampireKnight<3 • -Spirit • *Cat19* • GreenRaindrops • Lᴏᴋɪ's♥Tᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ♥Hᴇᴀʀᴛ • Dawn :3 • Willow-Wolf • silverwolf26282 • Beautiful Sky • Eragon <))^>< • Tibereous • Rainbows Rule • wesleydog • lily~zebra • Riakou • the timey thing • Thalia. • .Windigo.

Double Form Pass
ℓα∂ʏ мαямαℓα∂ɛ

Closed Keys (let you post a form when I am closed!)
Sentoki (x2) • VampireKnight<3 • SpartanAmythest • Lᴏᴋɪ's♥Tᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ♥Hᴇᴀʀᴛ • rabbit448 • **Nightwhisper**

Waiting
These are the people who are in line currently to get one done soon. It doesn't mean I'm closed when it's full, it's just a way to show you how far behind I am. Also, for those on this list, I may be calling up my friends on more tricky designs for opinions!
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Premades
Sometimes, when I feel like it, I will make a premade character that can be adopted out. Mostly, though, I will release them in themed sets. They're always changing, so watch here if you are looking for something to grab and go! Some side notes on applying for a premade....

- You can fill out as many forms as you want for different characters!
- Forms may be any length; the longer, the better! But not a novel... Several paragraphs is nice :)
- Post the form for one on the topic, not this thread.

We need homes! Please adopt us! You can apply for us by clicking our picture and posting the form found there.
Image - Image

What's up next in sets?
I dunno! Go post your ideas on our chat thread!
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:20 am, edited 47 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms

Postby DragonLoverHere » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:51 am

Forms
Okay then, enough chatter about boring stuff! You want the good stuff; the forms! Please fill all fields in accurately, using pictures and links to make the form more specific (it helps a TON). Keep it clean to read, don't change the format in any way, the basics. If the character form you want is NOT here, them please pm me.
The ones I have below are for:
A new specific character
A new fursona
Gifting another person a design
References
Revamps
A mate
A scratch random character
Something on different lineart
Breeding characters

Specific Character from Scratch
(if species is other than canine, PLEASE use the other lines form)

Make me a character from scratch!
Username:
Detail rating:
Designs you'd like to see:
Color scheme:
Theme:
Hair:
Line mutations (wings, tails, etc.):
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Background:
Music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone, it really does improve it!):
Extra bits:
Other:

Fursona
Make me a fursona!
Username:
Species (if not canine or similar, please provide link to lines you would prefer used):
Detail rating:
Lucky number:
Colors you like:
Styles you like:
Hair:
Line mutations you like (wings, tails, etc.):
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Favorite music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone, it really does improve it!):
Background:
Extra bits:
Other:

Character Gift for Someone
Make a character gift for someone!
Username:
Link to profile of one to be given to:
Do you want to be anonymous:
Date to be given & will you give it yourself? (if with deadline, pm me a copy as well):
Detail rating:
Color scheme:
Theme:
Hair:
Line mutations:
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Background:
Music/genre/artist to inspire:
Extra bits:
Other:

Reference Sheet
Make me a ref for my character/fursona!
Username:
Detail rating:
Other lines (optional; find a different lineart you like and show me):
Image(s) of the character/fursona:
Background:
Other:

Revamp
Revamp my character/fursona!
Username:
Detail rating:
The one to revamp:
How do you want them changed:
(for fursona) How have you felt you've changed from them:
Things to be the same:
Music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone, it really does improve it!):
Extra bits:
Background:
Other:

Mate for an OC
Make my character/fursona a mate!
Username:
Detail rating:
The bachelor(ette) pic and name:
Gender for mate:
Color scheme:
Theme:
Hair:
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Extra bits:
Background:
Other:

Random OC
Make me something random!
Username:
Detail rating:
What're you looking for/theme:
Background:
Extra bits:
Other:

Different Lines
Make me something on different lines!
Username:
Detail rating:
Lines (find a different lineart you like and show me it):
Detail:
Color scheme:
Hair:
Theme:
Jewelry:
Other accessories:
Clothes:
Background:
Extra bits:
Other:

Breeding
Breed my characters!
Username:
Detail rating:
Lines you'd like used for pups (optional; find a different lineart you like and show me it):
The female:
The male:
Specific things you want to see:
# of pups, gender ratio:
Music you think suits the litter/individual pups:
Would you consider adopting out the pups to others? Any special terms you'd apply to the adoption out?:
Background:
Extra bits:
Other:
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:11 am, edited 94 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby DragonLoverHere » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:52 am

Frequently Asked Questions
Yep, here's a list of all the questions mods and I get on a regular basis. If you have a question you think should be added, please pm one of us or post on our chat thread.

Person wrote:Did you accept my form?!D:

All forms posted within the period of an opening are automatically accept unless there is a post stating otherwise and/or a pm from myself or another of the staff. If you followed the rules and posted your form during the open period, then it's accept no questions asked. We do this to avoid needless spam to say everything is accepted and inbox floods.

Person wrote:Can I get a PM for when my form is done?

All orders get an automatic formatted PM from myself containing the link to the completed character order. There's no need to ask for one in your form; you're already going to get one. Even COPPA'D members receive a message via a trade suggestion. So don't worry!

Person wrote:Can I get multiple versions of my character? (ie: without accessories, TP background, etc.)

Extra versions of your order are available upon request. You can post a request like this on your finished character, and you could request it in your form.

Person wrote:How do I apply to get a character you made for me changed a little bit? (ie: hair tweaking, accessory adjustments or changes, etc.)

Any adjustments after a reference is made, even if it's been a while since it has been posted on, can be directed onto it's reference page. Just go to the original, post what you desire to be changed (tweaks only; no full on revamps of designs because there is a form for that), and I will get around to the adjustments. I will pm you and post when they have been made.

Person wrote:Can I repost my form?

Hold up there! before you even think of reposting a form, there's three key questions to look into!
    Did I post this when the shop title read 'Open' or 'Closed'? - if posted when closed, meaning you never received the character, you may repost the form
    Do I have any warnings? - warnings and bans may impede your reposting. Wait until these are lifted to repost
    Did I post it already THIS opening? - No double postings. It can take a loooong time to get to the next five cue, so if you already posted it this opening, be patient. Reposting when it's already in the huge line is a no no and is spamming!

Person wrote:I'd love to watch you make mine! Can I please have it screen shared?

Sorry, as of now it's a no go. I'd normally offer this, but technical issues have caused screen sharing to be paused for the time being. :(
You sure can ask to have your character's creation screen shared! Just put a note in your form about your desire, and we will work out a time to have yours publicly shown for all to see being made! You can also ask for a private screen share so you can assure it is done right the first time without others looking in on your nudges.
Last edited by DragonLoverHere on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:33 am, edited 10 times in total.
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DLH's Free QUOTE Characters

Postby Wind Mage » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:13 am

Username:skywolf347
Detail:covered in simple flowers
Designs you'd like to see:Image Image
Color scheme:just white with swirls in red-to-pink-to-white flowers please
Theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyuJI73Uxns
Hair:pink
Line mutations:wings,one bat(if you can) and one angel...but like just the small wings that float please Image
Jewelry:a halo bracelet and a spiked bracelet on other hand
Other accessories:rose-like hair clip
Clothes:dark red cape-like robe
Background:just a rose...
Music/genre/artist to inspire:her theme...i love it!! or...you know.... maybe coldplay?(my dad got me hooked-_-'')
Background:er...just a rose...
Extra bits:nothing
Other:please and thank you so much!!.its to hard for me-_-''(i hate doing roses) good luckX3
╓━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╖

secret text!
My name is Kris - He/him
Commissions + art trades: 🚫

♪♫♪ ♪♫♪ ♪♫♪

Kalxath is my partner-in-crime
Symmetra is a coward and a fool.

╙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╜
Wind Mage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DLH's Free QUOTE Characters - OPEN!

Postby ratsy » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Username: Philadelia
Detail: I'd say from a 3 to a 5 maybe?
Image,
Theme: Forest
Hair: None
Line mutations (wings, tails, etc.): No wings...maybe antlers?
Jewelry:Maybe like 1 neckalce
Other accessories:
Clothes:None
Background:None
Music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone for the character, it really does improve it!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er0n52HmjcA
Background: None
Extra bits:Nope
Other: Thanks a bunch!
ratsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonLoverHere » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 am

skywolf237, your character is complete! please check her over for any changes you'd like. Philadelia, I am beginning yours now! It'll be as fun as skywolf's! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vav. » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Username:T R U T H
Detail:7-9 ish?
Designs you'd like to see:click
Color scheme:Here's some
Theme:Time
Hair:None
Jewelry:none
Other accessories:an arm guard with a clock in the middle, four hands.
Clothes:none
Background:none
Music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone for the character, it really does improve it!):
Whoah tons of tunes.
Background:none
Extra bits:none
Other:
vav.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rochester. » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 am

Make me a fursona!
Username: ann1016

Detail: (Do you mean the Number?) 4-6

Designs you'd like to see: I would like to see a white cat with black and brown spots* randomly all over her. (*If this doesn't work, please make me an Amber cat with black spots or a whit cat with black, jagged stripes. Put music notes all over her and the word Symphony down her tail.
Lucky number: 18
Colors you like: Black, Blue Purple, Amber, Dark Green.
Styles you like: Music Notes.
Hair: None.
Line mutations you like (wings, tails, etc.): None. May revamp later when I see how this turns out.
Jewelry: None.
Other accessories: None.
Clothes: None.
Background: Forest.
Favorite music/genre/artist to inspire (I use music to get into my zone for the character, it really does improve it!): Adele's someone like you, set fire to the rain, and rumour has it.
Pet buddy/plushies you like: None.
Background: Again, Forest.
Extra bits: None.
Other: None.
Last edited by rochester. on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rochester.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me