MYO entry #2 by versicolor

Based on Click to view
Artist versicolor [gallery]
Time spent 15 hours, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

MYO entry #2

Postby versicolor » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:19 pm

second entry for the myo contest. If I don't win, I'll most likely be buying him <3

note: the red markings are only on his left cheek and front leg

list of edits:
- curly mane and tail (w/braids)
- slightly longer & fluffier ears
- curly fur on chest

those glowing "spots" are actually a type of glowing fungus that grows on his fur. when he gets wet, it disappears temporarily until it eventually grows back. it's kinda how like sloths turn green over time due to plants growing on them.

Username: versicolor
Kiamara's Name: Noah
Kiamara's Gender: male
Personality:

Shy // Peculiar // Taciturn // Observant // Sensitive // Loyal // Peaceful

Noah is a unique individual to say the least. He says the strangest things at the wrong times way too often that he should. This makes him painfully shy and awkward most of the time, because he has trouble articulating his thoughts in a way that's generally acceptable. He almost never speaks to anyone unless he already knows them, and it's hard to get him to come out of his shell. Even his friends don't know everything about him, just the things he chooses to show them. Noah is more of a lurker, he's always observing things in the background. He notices almost everything, he just doesn't say anything about it. He definitely knows more about those around him than he lets on. Once one earns his friendship, Noah will be doggedly loyal to them no matter what. He would do anything in the world to help his friends, and will fiercely defend them, even if they're wrong. Sometimes he tends to be over-sensitive about certain things. There are topics that people know not to bring up with him, because it'll cause him to retreat into himself and he won't talk to anyone for at least a few days. He's rarely violent though, and probably wouldn't harm anyone for simply saying something upsetting to him. You would know when Noah gets angry, because when he does, all hell breaks loose.

- flowers
- snowglobes
- forests
- the color red

Dislikes:
- pizza
- horror movies
- being cared for
- loud noises
- insects

Story:

A young man stands silently in a deserted graveyard, staring down at a particular headstone. Just the sight of her name engraved in the marble was enough to make him shiver with guilt. The night blankets the ground with grotesque shadows, and a slight breeze can be felt. Suddenly, he hears a rustling and looks up. Behind the headstone he sees a dark figure, illuminated only by small, glowing white dots. The figure kept it's distance, and stayed mostly hidden in the shadows. Its only discernible features were a pair of blue eyes. After a moment of fear, Chryses slips into a feeling of relief.

"Noah, you gotta stop doin' that. Why do ya always hide in the shadows?" His voice is unusually loud, probably due to the fright he had moments before. He chuckles a bit, and a wide smile appears on his face.

"There's nothing there." His voice was soft and quiet. He keeps eye contact with Chryses for a prolonged amount of time before he looks away.

"Right...so what're ya doin' here?"

"I don't know...I was bored." Noah's words linger on his tongue just a little bit too long.

"So ya decide to hang out in a gravyard like a creep?"

"I suppose so." The strange, dark kiamara stalks off to who knows where, dragging his feet behind him. Chryses sighs, his friend sure was a bit out there, that was for sure.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

About five minutes later, Noah returns and all Chryses can see is red everywhere. Noah's hands clutch tightly to at least two dozen red roses, which he probably got from one of the many rose bushes in the graveyard. There's a gentle expression plastered onto the younger kiamara's face as he tenderly places them on the grave.

"I got her flowers. Aren't they pretty?" Chryses notices that the roses aren't the only red thing on Noah's hands.

"Noah, yer hands are bleedin'." There was a trace of concern in Chryses' voice.

"It's okay, I've been dead seven years." An unsettling grin creeps onto Noah's face. He quickly pulls the hand away and stuffs it into his jacket pocket. He becomes a bit flustered, he hated it when others showed concern about him. That wasn't their job. He was the one who was supposed to be taking care of his friends, it shouldn't be the other way around. "Don't worry, the pain doesn't bother me."

"Ya sure?" He draws the question out, unsure if he should have said it in the first place.

"Yes." Noah's voice suddenly become stern. There was a trace of irritation in his tone.

"Alright, alright...Hey can I ask ya somethin' mate?" If anything was to come out of this encounter, Chryses wanted to understand at least a little snippet of his friend's mind.

"Shoot."

"What did ya mean when ya said there's nothing there?" Noah knitted this brow at his question, as if contemplating just how much he should reveal about himself. He opens his mouth as if to speak, but closes it after a few seconds. After a few minutes of silence, he finally says something.

"The more you look at me, the less you see...There's nothing there."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

word count: 799/800

Dream pet acheived 1/6/14 ♥
Yo I used to be Jelli.
versicolor (adj.) - 1. changing in color, iridescent: versicolor skies.
2. of various colors

ask.fm
mac and cheese
versicolor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: MYO entry #2