jellyfoosh by teleport

Based on Click to view
Artist teleport [gallery]
Time spent 13 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 16
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

jellyfoosh

Postby teleport » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:05 am

note to happy-stabby;; aria was one of the MYO winners and is as such eligible for transfer!

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

“The real world is in a much darker and deeper place than
this, and most of it is occupied by jellyfish and things.

We just happen to forget all of that. Don't you agree?

Two-thirds of the earth's surface is ocean, and all we can see
with the naked eye is the surface: the skin.

-Haruki Murakami

Username;; teleport

Name;; Aria (goes by Ari)

Gender;; Female

Birthday;; February 17, 1993 (age 21)

Sexual Orientation;; Homosexual

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

●Adventurous●

There is a fine line between courage and stupidity, and Ari does a fantastic job of straddling that line. Ari won't turn down a task, no matter how terrifying, idiotic or generally impossible it may be. She's the sort to walk five miles through a rainstorm because she saw a tree on a nearby hill that looked kinda cool, or to attempt something simply because nobody's holding her back. Considering her job and ocean-bound home, this can be a pretty good thing.

●Blunt●

If ari doesn't like you, or something you're wearing, or you just generally feel 'wrong', you'll know it very quickly. She doesn't sugarcoat and is honest about what she feels and believes, even if it hits hard. On the other hand, this means that you'll know just as quickly if she considers you a friend. She sees friendship as a pure and genuine thing, one that should be untainted by dishonest compliments and, erm, manners.

●Sheltered●

While Ari has seen her fair share of pain and poverty from afar, she comes from a seriously rich background in what was virtually isolation and doesn't quite get that not all problems can be solved with money. Even as she starts an independent career as an international treasure hunter (in her private yacht, of course), she hasn't quite pulled herself completely off her parent's money for necessities (necessities like, y'know, piña coladas, five-star meals, that sort of thing).

x
x

Ari didn't exactly have a hard childhood. She grew up in New Zealand, although was not a native- in fact, her parents ran a wealthy hotel chain and moved there due to the ocean, building what was virtually a private resort and Ari's childhood home. However, despite the luxury, Ari was restless and wanted more than anything to get out of the country and see what the world had to offer besides sandflies and sea turtles. One night, after getting in a spat with her parents, Ari boarded the family yacht in a huff and set off North- never to return again, at least long-term. While she made up with her family pretty quickly, Ari used this as the much-needed excuse to leave home and gain some of her own responsibility.

Currently, Ari works as a treasure hunter, scouring the globe in her yacht for ancient treasures, long-lost curios and funny-looking rocks. However, while she claims it to be her profession, it's honestly more than a hobby than anything. She rarely cashes in on anything she finds as she gets sentimentally attached to it along the way (which can be a problem spacewise, seeing as she keeps it all in the boat's cabin) and relies so much on the funds that she was born with that any money she makes wouldn't make much of a difference. Aria keeps telling herself that eventually she'll be totally independent, but dives into the family funds for the occasional fancy dinner or two (or four, or seven, or sixty-three....)

Aria's favorite animal is and always has been, unsurprisingly, a jellyfish. (What a shocker, right?) As such, she goes to some pretty drastic measures to look, well, jellyfish-like.

●The first and most obvious tribute to jellyfish in her design is her tail. With tail-fur that's already naturally pretty long, she's able to use the lighter end of her tail to make the insides of the jellyfish, and clips her feathers to the underside of the bell to make the tentacles. This is actually something she's been doing since early childhood, although she used colored string as the tentacles before she got her feathers.

●The second tribute to jellyfish in her design is less 'ooh, pretty' and more 'ouch'. Jellyfish sting, right? Aria purposefully charges her fur with static electricity, and while it may make her fur a little poofy and messy, it delivers a painful shock upon touch to any unexpecting victim. While it can't exactly be considered a valid self-defense technique, it's certainly not fun to get 'stung'.

[741/800]
Last edited by teleport on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 46 times in total.
teleport

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: jellyfoosh

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 am

I love this design so much! ;v;
    That tail is absolutely stunning!

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teleport » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:20 am

thank youu, i'm glad you like it :D
teleport

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmsprout » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:33 am

holy cows

that tail *o*
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:39 am

This kia is yes.
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teleport » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:57 am

thanks guys! <3
teleport

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CopicMarkerTabby » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Oh my holy look at this design, it's bootiful * O *

Last bumped by teleport on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:45 pm.
CopicMarkerTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me