Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

CWHR: Guest Artist Contest **WINNERS CHOSEN** by SerenWish

Based on Click to view
Artist SerenWish [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

CWHR: Guest Artist Contest **WINNERS CHOSEN**

Postby SerenWish » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:51 am

WINNERS HAVE NOW BEEN CHOSEN.

Hello, and welcome to Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch's Guest Artist Contest!
If you are reading this, you're probably considering becoming one of our guest artists, and we'd love to have you try out! This is a chance for you to practice the use of our lines and show what you could offer to the CWHR community as a guest artist!

There will be some reading to do, so bear with me until the end- it is worth it!

What does being a CWHR Guest Artist entail?
CWHR Guest Artists remain artists for a period of roughly 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks, you may make a number of adoptable horses, and if a session happens to occur during your period, you may take some orders as long as they specifically request you, or an artist asks you to take an order. In addition, Guest Artists have the chance to be invited back at a later period, or instated as full-length artists if the community is in need.

What's so special about being a CWHR artist?
Not only is it an awesome post, where you can make great new friends, help design horses for people to enjoy, and practice your art skills, it has a ton to offer! CWHR full-time artists can make one personal custom every month or so, can make adopts with extreme edits/tack, and take on orders in return for CS pets. It's a really wonderful community and opportunity!

So, how do I enter/possibly win this contest?
Glad you asked! Just follow the steps below carefully, and you'll have your chance to shine!

Step One:
Read all the instructions BEFORE completing any of the following tasks- also, make sure to think it over whether you'd really like to be a GA for CWHR!

Step Two:
Fill out the below form completely, and post it on this thread only. Posting this on the main CWHR thread will not get you entered and will count as spam!

You must put between 3-5 links in the "examples category"- Please link examples of your coloring ability. Preferably realistic equine coloring jobs on the oekaki- but other programs are acceptable. Lines do not have to belong to you, but the coloring must be done by you! Do not link your entire gallery, or say to look at your gallery! You will not be added if you do this!

Also, please DO NOT POST WIP GA FORMS. It gets confusing to constantly have to check back to see if you have finished! Only post completed forms! Your answers do not need to be long!

Step Three:
Wait until you receive your confirmation PM that you have been added to the color in list! Once you have been added (which will be no more than 24 hours after you have posted your completed GA form), please create a title page which all your entries will be housed under, preferably with your username in an easy-to read color! Then, wait for your mandated colors (which, again, will be no more than 8 hours after you have made it!)

Step Four:
The Mandatory Duo
A judge will post two horse coat color/marking orders underneath your title page- these are the two horse colors you must color in order to be considered for the position! They will look something like this:

1. Palomino Tobiano
2. Solid Seal Brown

You must make these two horses in order to be considered for the position, and you must follow these rules:
1.No Line Edits, Tack, or changed coat/patterns. (use one of the pre-made mane/tail sets)
2. No copying a CWHR horse that has already been made.
3. No complaining about the horse colors you have been assigned.

They will be assigned randomly, and everyone will have different types of horses to make. Do your best, take your time, and enjoy them. These two are to see what you can do, how much you know about horse coats, and simulate custom orders.

Step Five:
The Final Horse
The third horse is the last possible horse you can make, and is optional. You can decide if you want to make it, and if you have time. The first two will be most important, but this one is a chance for you to show off your mane/tail edit abilities, the colors/markings you are best at, and any tack you can do. They must still be realistic, and cannot involve major body edits, but otherwise they may be what you want!

Do's and Don't's
Don't...
-Complain if you don't get a position. This could eliminate you from future chances- there will always be opportunity for a future position as a Guest Artist!
- Get upset if we don't pick you- it does not mean you are a bad artist and that you shouldn't try again!
-Use the lines in any way other than to make the horses.
-Ignore staff/preset rules, or disobey any CS rules.
- Comment/critique peoples' artwork without their permission. Some people want help, some don't. Please respect them!

Do
- Ask for advice/critique/help from staff on any horse color you might not understand! We are SUPER happy to help you in any way possible- in fact, we love it!
- Look for real-life references- while we don't want you to copy someone else's artwork, looking at real-life horse colors will help!
-Take your time on the horses- you have awhile!
- Be cheerful and positive with others. It helps!
- Create fake names for your horses and add them to the picture- show off those writing skills!
- Create a fake profile for your horse- demonstrate your knowledge of horse breeds, genetics, colors, etc!
- Have a ton of fun! :D

SPECIAL NOTE FOR COPPA'S!
Unfortunately, due to the nature of being a Cottonwood Artist, we cannot currently have positions held by COPPA'S. We do a lot of our work via non-oekaki boards, trades, and PM, and therefore, for the sake of our customers and the COPPA users themselves, being an artist would be very difficult. We are very sorry for this, and we hope that in the future, if you graduate from COPPA status, that you will try with us in the future! We appreciate you, care for you, and we wish you could join us!
(Please do not complain about this rule. There is not much we can do about it.)

If you have any questions, PM me, SerenWish- please refrain from asking questions here on the board. I will update posts with questions as they come in!
Last edited by SerenWish on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Guest Artist Contest

Postby SerenWish » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:52 am

Winners
Rather than have typically ranked winners, we will choose 6 guest artists at the end of the contest. Each of the six will get their own shifts as guest artists and we will end up picking out any full-time artists at the end of all the guest artists' terms.

1. Tynahi
2. Chronometer
3. flight;;
4. Babybunnies!
5. .Joker.
6. hellohihi

In addition to getting the guest artist slot, every winner will get a free custom made by SerenWish or another willing staff member- this custom can include line edits or added tack!

Judges
In order to remain impartial, we have a number of judges working to help make decisions.
*Please note* Even if you, or someone else, is friends with a judge, we will be focusing on your compatibility with CWHR's lines and designs. There will be no favoritism in this line of judging. Thank you!

Head Judge
teresa8oats

Judge's Panel
~Country~
ImmyWimmy1
Preppy Paws
sapphirespirit
SerenWish
ty_tay

(If any current artists would like to be a judge, please PM me!

Current End Date: 8th of September
Last edited by SerenWish on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:52 am

Can we add facial/leg markings to our mandatory horses?
Yes you may, as long as they do not stray into another pattern! i.e. Blazes, stars, socks, coronets would all be fine, but a small tobiano marking wouldn't be if you didn't get a tobiano horse.

(Please no "marking" posts!)
Last edited by SerenWish on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenfriedenvy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:14 am

.:I want to be a Guest Artist:.
Username:
hellohihi

Examples:
Flaxen liver chestnut extended blanket appaloosa smoky black chimera, Silver black minimal overo (?), Dapple grey, Red roan sabino, Chestnut

Are you active:
Absolutely. If I were to become a CWHR GA you'd be sick of seeing me around after a day.

Why do you want to be an Guest artist:
Okay, so as you probably know, I love horses. One of my favorite things to do is to dream up coats and markings, and then sometimes draw them. On CS, I haven't drawn horses as much as I probably should, and mainly only color in for competitions etc. I would love to take my love of horses and drawing one step further.
I believe I mentioned it to Seren one time, but over my time on CS I've had to major goals: Own a jellybean dragon and become an artist for Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch. Of course, neither have happened yet, but becoming a guest artist for Cottonwood would take me closer to one of my ultimate goals.
Finally, I would like to say how much Cottonwood has helped me to improve my drawing. Because yes, it has. It would probably surprise you to know that most of my time drawing horses, both with Oekaki and traditionally, has been practice in case an opportunity like this arose. And, in the past year of so, I've learned so much more about horses than I'd have thought possible by constantly stalking everything going on at Cottonwood. I know that becoming a guest artist would teach me even more.
Thank you.
Greenfriedenvy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timey » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:34 am

-Posts Form And Runs Back To Stream Screaming-

.:I Want To Be A Guest Artist:.
Username: TimeLord~Jedi

Examples: x x x

Are You Active: On everyday. XD I has no life.

Why Do You Want To Be A Guest Artist: I've been an adopter at Cottonwood quite a little while now, and I think I'm not alone when I say I've wondered what it would be like to work here quite a few times. Maybe even just get a taste of it, which this competition is offering. It's too good of a chance to pass up. I'd also really like to improve my skills, and this competition also gives me an opportunity to do that. Who knows, maybe I'll get a breakthrough or some constructive critique along the way. And even if I'm not chosen this time around, I'll have the experience, and will hopefully be ready once this pops up again.

✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
Timey here! Fan of far
too many things to list.
Proud Fuze/Mute main.

≿────────── ✘✗✘ ────────── -≾
ImageImage
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾
HoC's xxxCWHR xxx ✘Link
✘Link xxx
© xxx ✘Link
≿─────── ✘✗✘ ─────── -≾Image
✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘°。°。✘
Timey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby randompersonH2O » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:44 am

Username: randompersonH2O
Examples: Bay Roan
Black Tovero
Chestnut Appaloosa
Dapple Grey
Are you active: I am usually on every day, yes, but I might not be on as often once school starts. However, I will do my best to make the most of my guest artist term if I'm accepted.
Why do you want to be an Guest artist: I absolutely love CWHR, and I already own a lot of horses created by your fantastic artists. It would be my honor to be able to draw with them and learn from them. I love drawing, and I'm hoping that, through a guest artist term, I would learn a lot more about how to draw some of the colorations that I've never tried to draw.
I did a small guest artists term at CTS when I was first starting out as well, and I learned so much from just that couple weeks I was there. Hopefully, now that I've had some time to improve, I'll be able to accomplish more if I am chosen.
Thank you for your consideration,
Random.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T
┌──────────┐

Call me Ranny or Random.
I'm a normal adult (barely)
who loves acting, writing,
and making youtube videos.
Inspired by the beautiful
dorks you see here.

└──────────┘

IN YOURSELF NOW
███████████████
┌─────┐

└─────┘

█████████████████

┌───────────────────────────────┐
THAT I BELIEVE IN YOU! ---©

└───────────────────────────────┘
randompersonH2O

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby urie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:46 am

Username:
.canine
Examples:
<3
<3
<3

Are you active:
yes, especially right now and for the next I think it's four or three weeks, as it is the summer holidays/break for me. When school starts I would make my best effort, it would just be more in the evenings (british timezone). If I became GA? oh you would see so much more of me xD
Why do you want to be an Guest artist:
Okay, there are allot of reasons but I will try to make it short. No particular order:
- Practice & experience
I don't get to draw or colour horses nearly as much as I want to, and this would be a brilliant learning curve for me. I have already learnt allot from CW and would love to learn more
- Community
I adore the cottonwood community and have made many great friends here. I'd love to be able to just become a stronger part of this.
- Creativity
It would be a brilliant way for me to unleash my creativity: with making inventive mini-contests for people to win the horses, and obviously designing the horses myself c:
- Form judging
I have always wanted to do this, as I adore reading forms.
and also, on joinme's, I'd love to be able to join in with artist convo's
*cough*immyandserenandlegmarkingcoverups*cough* ;)
Thanks for considering me, sorry for so much text!
Last edited by urie on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
i'm pretty sure the last time i played here was in 2015. insane to see how it's changed. feel free to ask for my pets lol
urie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flight;; » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:49 am

Username: flight;;
Examples: iron grey minimal tobiano
blue roan maximum sabino with feathering
bay minimal sabino with feathering and tack
Are you active: yes, even more so now that summer is over. Every now and then, I will have a day I cannot get on, or a weekend. I will do my best to let you know in advance prior to my absences.
Why do you want to be an Guest artist: First off, I love the type of adoptable CHWR has become, not in just the lineart and adopting aspect, but the community aspect. It is such a wonderful place to be apart of. Not to mention, the adoptables are gorgeous. It would be an accomplishment, to be able to work among the some of the nicest and best people that I have stumbled upon on CS. I am looking to improve my skills everyday, not just in coloring, but also in horse anatomy, hair, and linearts in general. I feel that I can learn a lot from CHWR. After all, if you never challenge yourself, how will you get any better? c:
flight;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BluebonnetBree » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:59 am

Username: Mother~of~Dragons
Examples: 12345 These (in my opinion) are my best ones
Are you active: Yes, I'm on almost everyday.
Why do you want to be an Guest artist: I see it as good practice to better myself with different horse coat colors, plus I think it would be really fun.
Hello! Please call me Bree <3
I'm always available to talk if you need to!
She/Her pronouns
I'm an artist for Range Trotters & Lone Bashkir Curlys please check them out!
ImageImage
Bluebonnet Creek Ranch
^My current stable page^
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tynahi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:38 am

Username: Tynahi
Examples: 1- Seal Bay Roan Sabino 2- Smoky Black Sabino 3- Dappled Palomino Tovero 4- Fleabitten Gray with Chimeric Marking 5- Family [Color names on post]
Are you active: Very active. I am on every day to at least check on things. I am on at least 5-6 of 7 days to post and create pets, usually more. The only foreseeable absences I could see would either be college exam days or doctors appointments and even then that may not keep me off of cs ^^.
Why do you want to be an Guest artist: I absolutely adore this adoptable and the community it has grown to be. Everyone is so talented, kind and encouraging. I would be honored to be able to work with all of you. I would also like to work here so that I may learn more about horse colors as there always seems to be more to learn [I love genetics xD]. Thank you so much for this opportunity.
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me