Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Thalher Line Art Contest (Closed please do not delete) by .muse.

Based on Click to view
Artist .muse. [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Thalher Line Art Contest (Closed please do not delete)

Postby .muse. » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Hello there!
I see you've clicked on this contest and surely that means you're interested in knowing what we'd like you to draw!

Well the answer is simple dear friend, we've got this beastie, nasty little, well no not little, more like huge, yes, this huge foul critter that we'd like to bring to the bright happy sunshine world of CS.
What is this beast you ask?
OH HO! She is a thing so foul she has no name! Well that's a lie, her kind are known as Thalhers!
Mighty fierce and strong, wicked cruel and wrong, the Thalher is a beast you'd like so much you'd want to give your granny one, but that might not be such a great idea as they have quite the bite!

That lady there is Leetah, she's the mother of civilization. She brought thalher to man, and taught him how to bond to her offspring and work with them, how to fight with them, she brought war, but she was beautiful.

Her offspring were stubborn and fierce, but they were warriors, beautiful silken furred bringers of death.
And when it was discovered that some of them grew no larger than a pup, well then everyone wanted one.
Then the mutational colors began to appear, thalhers were the center of the world! People would show them like they once did dogs and horses, they became such a common sight that people were more shocked to hear you didn't have a thalher of your own.
But they are so rare today, it seems like only movie stars and world leaders have them! How can that be if they were once so common you ask?

War.
The war to end all wars they said.
When everyone had the ultimate weapon, how did you pick a side? It was civil war at the highest level. Weapons break, in this case they snap, they lose their minds and turn on the very people that loved them. Man stood together in arms with rifles and weapons made of steel, and sought to rid the world of thalhers for good.
They would have done it too, they would have revived humanity and restored balance to the species, were it not for the thalhers who had not lost their minds. Those ones who held onto their sanity and proved that they were not a brainless house pet, but an intelligent sentient race who found themselves equal to mankind. They restored what Leetah had brought to man in the beginning. Keeping their own numbers in check and limited so they they are not reduced again to pets for everyone to enjoy.

Last edited by .muse. on Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About Thalhers

Body Style

They have long slender legs, as they were designed originally to be fast runners, and are well laced with muscle under their short silk furred hides. The plates on their faces are used for protection, as they have keen eye sight they need to protect their eyes as much as possible. The spikes on their faces and hips are used for both protection and fighting. With the up and outward spikes on their hips it makes it impossible for anything to attack them from behind, making their adversary come from the front or the sides which puts them in clear view of the defending Thalher.

They are based on a mixture of horse and dragon, though the smaller ones end up looking more like a great dane in build.
Head shape is more horse like, with the armor plating starting at the tip of their nose and going up to their ears. Their ears are similiar to a horses as well and have a great mobility range. Between their ears is a set of stiff rigid 'prongs' that look like horns but they are not sharp at the end.
Coming off their cheeks however lay two dagger like spines on either side. The same hard bone like protrusions as they have on their hips. Though the ones on their hips can rattle like porcupine quills, they do not fall out, the ones on their cheeks are rigid and do not move independently from the rest of their jaw.

Fighting size Thalhers can carry a large passenger, or two lighter passengers. Pet sized Thalhers get around the same size as a great dane.

Fighter Sizing

Shoulder Height
5 - 6 Feet
Full Height
7 - 8 Feet
Body Length
5 - 6 Feet
(Including Tail - 9-10 Feet)

Pet Sizing

Shoulder Height
2.2 - 3 Feet
Full Height
3.2 - 4 Feet
Body Length
2.2 - 3 Feet
(Including Tail = 4.4 - 5 Feet)

The difference between fighting size and pet size is just that, size. They look identical in build and coloration, it is simply a gene that stunts their growth so that they look like mini versions of the fighting size.

Each person may bond with only one Fighter sized, but as many Pet sized as they want. For some reason the pet sized ones get along being bonded to the same person but fighting sized will not tolerate a second fighter bonded to their person.

Coloration
Common base colors include the following:
Black, Greys, Browns, Blues, Reds, Greens.

Uncommon base colors include the following:
Bronzes, Coppers, Oranges, Pastels.

Rare base colors include the following:
Golds, Silvers, Yellows.

Colors that do not exist in the Thalher Base Coat:
White, Purples, Pinks, Neons.
(These colors may appear in Eyes, and small markings. But may not make up more than 25% of the Thalhers coloration)
Last edited by .muse. on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Do's & Don'ts

DO's

~*~ Feel free to play with different poses
    ~*~ Feel free to add on additional layer things (color swabs, eye detail charts, gender symbols, adopt me covers)
    ~*~ Feel free to add a back ground! (Even if it's just a solid color with lighter squares for informational panels)
    ~*~ Feel free to color your line art entry with your own design. (Winner can keep their Thalher, runners up may be invited to do the same. I may invite people to be artists or guest artists based on entries here)
    ~*~ You may enter multiple times if you'd like to submit different styles or poses.
    ~*~ If you color your entry you are free to use the rarer colors.

DON'TS

~*~ Don't do species edits. (No wings or additional spines. I just want the basic line art for now.)
    ~*~ Please for the love of all things sacred don't use the not allowed colors for anything more than accents or small markings.
    ~*~ Don't rip this species, I've had that happen once and I'm not going to deal with it as politely a second time.
    ~*~ Don't be afraid to ask me questions about specifics if you aren't sure or need clarification on anything!
Last edited by .muse. on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Contest Rules & Info

Postby .muse. » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:35 pm

About This Contest
This is to make my old Thalher species from my Dragon Riders of Pern days into a CS adoptable. I always loved this species and since I've stopped with role playing I've wanted to see them come back into the light.
So your job is to create an adoptable line art for Thalhers. Your entry should include a smooth line art, shading, and layers for the different parts of the image. You can include things such as color swab boxes, eyes for a close up of the iris, male female sign, adopt me sign, any extras you feel fit. You can do a different back ground, you can use this one, or any of the others in the pack, or even a solid color if you'd prefer. You can make a title layer, again, have fun with extras and what not.

END DATE: 12/31/2014

Rules
~*~ Do not claim the species as your own.
~*~ Do not repost this species elsewhere.
~*~ Please do not add on stuff to the species. Add ons will be for contests and special events only, and up to the artists to make.
~*~ Be polite to the other participants.
~*~ Have fun. You don't have to do some generic standing there pose.
Last edited by .muse. on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prizes

Postby .muse. » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Grand Prize

The winning line art will be offered co ownership of the adoptables. Not the species, just the CS adoptables for the species. The line art will not be used off CS without the winners explicit permission. The winning line art will also be awarded This Group, it contains 37 different store pets, full sets ranging back to the alien store dogs of 2012, and every single store pet released on the canine lines to today.

Runners Up

At least three runners up will be offered Staff positions for the TBA (Thalher Bonding Agency).
You may be invited to partake as a guest artist. (Guest Artists may make themselves 1 custom and adopt out 5 Thalhers)
You may be asked to join as an official artist. (Official Artists may have a Custom Fighter AND a Custom Pet. Official Artist Customs may contain line art edits.)
You may even be invited to be a Mod. (Mods are allowed 1 Custom with no Line Art Edits.)

P.S. Everyone who completes an entry will get a rare, I'll try and make it wishlist but I can't promise that it will be. All entries that are WIP at the end will be given a non rare wishlist pet or item.
Last edited by .muse. on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thalher Line Art Contest

Postby .muse. » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:51 pm

Bump
Image ~*~ Muse ~ They/Them ~ Adult ~ Nerd ~*~ Image
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:00 am

Bump
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 am

Bump
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:45 pm

Bump
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Bump
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me