Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

duinnes ✿ artist search! by faraday

Based on Click to view
Artist faraday [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

duinnes ✿ artist search!

Postby faraday » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:45 am

Duinne (dwihn), plural: Duinnes (dwihns)

Duinnes are an ancient race of tiny androgynous forest spirits. They are very social creatures and spend most of their time with and around other duinnes, however they usually are not very fond of humans. They are very small, and range in size from 4 to 8 inches tall when fully grown. They are all very unique, and will decorate themselves with flowers, jewelry, and even tattoos, much like humans do. They are often mistaken for fairies, however they do not have wings and they cannot fly. They spend most of the day sleeping, and their favorite beds are flowers. Duinnes eat primarily small berries, flowers, seeds, and root vegetables. Duinnes are excellent climbers, and have strong, stout fingers equipped with short claws that help with grip. They are very good at camouflaging themselves with their environment, and can be found hiding under rocks, leaves, and even pieces of loose bark. They are very crafty, and love to cause mischief.

Hey there, everyone! I'm the owner and sole artist for a species known as duinnes, a relatively new and underground humanoid species on this website. I love and care about my species, and since I do, that means I want to expand in order to make it more successful. That's why I'm hiring artists! But before we begin, we should address the competition rules.

✿ As this is only a competition, any duinnes you create cannot be used to adopt out, sell, or use as your own original character. These designs will never become real duinnes, even if you earn an artist position.
✿ Don't copy or steal design ideas! I want to see your creativity, not your ability to steal ideas.
✿ You may enter as many times as you'd like, there's no limit to this. But, please remember, I really do prefer quality of designs over the quantity of designs you make.
✿ Please, feel free to do line edits! As a matter of fact, line edits are required for the hair and clothing. YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING COVERING THE GROIN AREA!! Even though they are androgynous, they are not nudists.
✿ Read the species rules on the main thread before entering. Otherwise, your entry may be annulled.
✿ If you don't win, please don't whine or guilt-trip the winners. This will earn you a strike, or even a ban from adopting duinnes.
✿ Follow all species rules, not just the rules on this thread!
✿ If you have questions, please ask! Don't let it fester inside of your brain, it'll do no good in there.
✿ Please remember to have fun with this, also! I don't want this species to be miserable and droll.

So, now that we've covered that, there's also a form for you to fill out. You don't have to fill it out with each entry you post, you only have to post it on your first entry. This form will help me in the decision-making process of who to choose, so fill it out wisely!
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be an artist for duinnes?:[/b]
[b]Will you be active in the community?:[/b]
[b]Will you be loyal to the species?:[/b]
[b]Do you have any experience as a species artist?:[/b]
[b]Anything to add?:[/b]

Keep in mind, this competition has no set end-date, but it will end when I feel I have chosen enough artists. I will be choosing two types of artists; guest artists, and official artists. Guest artists are allowed to make 5 duinnes, one of which may be a custom. They must follow the same rules and guidelines as official artists. The duties of artists are as follow:

✿ Create at least one duinne every two weeks, unless you have something going on in your life that prevents you from doing so. (if this is the case, please alert me if possible.)
✿ Always be polite when interacting in the community, I don't want the species to have a poor reputation due to your attitude.
✿ Be active! Answer questions, be involved, and most importantly, don't be shy to ask questions yourself!
✿ A full artist may make two customs, whether they be for themselves or someone else.
✿ Artists may NEVER auction a duinne for profit. Duinnes are always free.

Well, that's all! Please, again, have lots of fun, and spread the word about the competition, we need all the entries we can get! If you have questions or comments, post them here, and I'll do my best to address them. Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by faraday on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: duinnes ✿ artist search!

Postby Rotzalot » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:47 am

Username: Rares
Why do you want to be an artist for duinnes?:I've been looking to be a artist on many forums, and I must say, these lines are wonderful!
Will you be active in the community?: I'm online everyday, if that helps C:
Will you be loyal to the species?: yes.
Do you have any experience as a species artist?: not to much, a little though
Anything to add?: thanks for the opportunity C:
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:49 am

I'm not sure if I didn't make it clear enough, but you have to post that form in the description of one of your entries, not just on the thread. c: Thanks for the interest, though! I'll edit the first post to try to make that a little more clear, sorry about that!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rivkah » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:52 am

marking to enter c:
I don't check messages here. If you've found me through other websites or communities such as deviantART/Kiamaras, my characters are not for sale and never will be.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Relamune » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:16 am

marking
    may enter o3o
I'ℓℓ gυαя∂ уσυя вαcкѕ ωιтн муLIFE ɪғ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ﹗
Relamune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:07 pm

morifarty wrote:
I'm not sure if I didn't make it clear enough, but you have to post that form in the description of one of your entries, not just on the thread. c: Thanks for the interest, though! I'll edit the first post to try to make that a little more clear, sorry about that!

Oh alright. I'll edit my post C:
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:46 pm

bump!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:05 pm

bump!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby All Might » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:12 am

I'm sorry, I want to give this a little bump.. and pop on in to mark it.
    I've just fallen in love with your species, 'duinnes' <3

┍━━━━━━━┑
    'it's you'
    If only I could stay
    delicate as the new day ;
    adult / she / artist
    seeking blue sorb
    credit

┕━━━━━━━┙

Image Image Image Image

All Might

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:17 pm

After seeing a few entries breaking this rule, I'd like to make an announcement.

✿ Duinnes, like humans, grown most of their hair on their heads. They also grow a considerable amount of hair on their ankles above their hooves, but other than that they are virtually devoid of any hair on their bodies, and they have very thick velvety skin. Their hair can be nearly any color, however their skin, like humans, can only be found in shades of brown.

Any duinne with non-natural skin colors will not be counted, and automatically disqualified. ; w ; If one of your entries breaks the rules, go ahead and change it please! uwu
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me