Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Old version. Do not post. by ki-neko animura

Based on Click to view
Artist ki-neko animura [gallery]
Time spent 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Old version. Do not post.

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:36 pm

LAMPYRIES
Archive / Fanclub / Hiring / Nursery
I am unable to make new adopts at this time. My computer is not allowing me to use chibi paint. Trying to sort everything out.

Satine and Indianna
ImageImage
Lines by Discover, Satine is mine and Indinna is Discover's

WHAT IS A LAMPYRIE?
LAMPYRIES are firefly-like creatures that are closely related to cats. Their tails, eyes and antennae let out an eerie light that helps them see when hunting and navigating in the dark. They are generally found in large groups, and re incredibly fast and hard to spot.

THE Lampyrie come in many shapes, colours, patterns and sizes, and new ones are being found nearly all the time. Humans know very little about these creatures on their own planet... but will that change? Can these species coincide?

EACH Lampyrie controls an element, and that individuals element decides the color of their glow and their abilities. A list can be found below on each element

Nature ~ Green Glow
    Water ~ Blue Glow
    Fire ~ Red Glow
    Air ~ Yellow Glow
    Crystal ~ White

RULES
ALL of CS rules apply.
YOU may not trade or sell your Lampy! If you wish to gift you must OK it with me.
PLEA SE do not beg or whine if you do not get something.
PLEA SE do not ask to be an artist or staff. I will hold contests for them. Or I will appoint those whom I know will work.
AS of now you may own 5 Lampy's.
reserve the right to ban whomever I find to be breaking the rules.

coding done by Casanova
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Thu May 11, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 19 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Please move to Adoptable species

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:36 pm

STAFF'

Owner
Artists
None yet

Guest Artists
None

Mods
None

Archivist
None

Some thank yous to those who helped get this up and running. In no order
Discover
NARANDA

Thank you for the coding - Casanova
Original art and species byBugabee
And everyone else who has interest and everything!

ARTIST RULES
ALL artists must follow these rules
YOU may only create 1 custom and it must be uncommon or lower. If you have a good reason for a rare one please ask me first.
FOLLOW the rules of the Lampyries.
FOLLOW the rules of the site and thread.
YOU must not be biased.
YOU may add the items to them or leave it open for the new owner MUST follow item rules.

AFFILIATES
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Sun May 07, 2017 10:21 am, edited 19 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:37 pm

INFO ABOUT THEM

LOOKS

LAMPYRIES are feline like creatures with long legs and a lean body. They have a medium length segmented tail that is translucent on the bottom to allow the glowing light to shine through. They have feather like ears that fold to their head when running. They have two antennae on their heads that also glow. Their eyes can be any color and give off a faint glow to allow them to see in the dark. Their pelts are natural colors it is very rare to find an unnatural colored Lampy and normally something else is wrong with them as well. Their tails and antennae glow a specific color depending on their chore.

CHORES
A CHORE is something that a Lampyrie is born into, depending on the color of their glow at the age of 3 months. That is the first time they will eat a crystal and from then on they must eat it at least once a week. A chore is an element based activity in which each Lampy works.

EVERY Lampy can control a certain element that helps their planet.
Nature = green glow = healing, growing, making plants
Water = blue = keeps the waters clean and filled with oxygen.
Helps water life grow.
Fire = red = creates small fires, most of them create accessories or
keep the small fires around their camps lit to keep away predators.
Air = yellow = clean the air after a fight with the desmo's. they control temperature and what not as well for the seasons?

Crystal = white = helps tend to the glow crystals that form in a large cave so they don't run out.

CRYSTALS
THE crystals have been on the planet as long as the Lampyries can remember. But they only grow in a specific cave this cave is sacred to the Lampyries and only the leader of the groups and the crystal chore Lampyries are allowed in. If anyone or anything is found inside without the proper authority then there are serious consequences. If they are just found inside it isn't too bad, but for those who are found stealing crystals they can be exiled left to travel the planet alone. The crystals are so sacred to the Lampyries because of the fact that if they do not eat at least a tail length of crystal every week they can die. After three weeks of not eating a crystal a Lampyrie can die, there are very few who can last after that time period.

THE Lampyries who fall into the crystal chore tend to the crystals by going in and beating the two long feelers on their tails together, something about the vibrations from the tails allow the crystals to thrive to the point of sustaining the Lampyries. The Lampyries don't know why they eat them all they know is that without them they die. They provide the glow which helps release a specific type of gas inside their bodies that in other ways is unable to be released.

THE Lampyries are feline like in body and shape but they have small sharp teeth that are used only to crush the crystals. They are so small and fine that they can not kill prey that is larger than a small rabbit. They can puncture the skin but not enough

PREDATORS
SPECIFIC predators will come with time. But, they can defend themselves using their claws, teeth and their element if need but they prefer to hide. They are able to dim their lights in order to go undiscovered. They are very fast due to their long legs and lean bodies. Their ears fold flat against their heads to help. Since their light is always on the animals around have gotten used to it and will not fall for their attraction. So they hunt like every other predator, find, stalk, pounce, kill. Like a feline.

FOOD
THEIR food source is bugs and other small prey animals only things that they can swallow whole. They also eat a certain type of crystal that makes them glow. Their eyes glow because of the stones as well and it allows them to see in the dark since they are nocturnal.

COMMUNICATION
LAMPYRIES do have a language. To humans it sounds like in depth chirping. Sort of like crickets in a field. They also use body language.

ITEMS
THEY are very intelligent, about human level. They use tools and other things. They can make things. Like accessories. Though everything is natural. Like Satine (the first Lampy) made a hair tie out of a vine. Same with a necklace and bracelet then attached a small piece of the crystal that they eat for a charm. She has a little leaf pouch that holds an acorn top so she can make music.

MUTATIONS
VERY RARE - Wings, No tail, Broken glow
RARE - Lots of hair, two element colors, unnatural colors, glow on other parts of their body.
UNCOMMON - Hair tufts, different tail, multi color eyes, long feelers
COMMON - longer fur, accessories
more to come
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:08 am, edited 10 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:41 pm

BREEDING
WHEN it is mating season males will gorge themselves with the stones, making their glow even brighter. They will then all gather together in a sort of get together on a full moon. The females will gather in a large circle around everyone and the males begin to dance. A humming is formed from the females, their two back feathers beating together to create it. The males and females will do that for about an hour slowly dwindling when two meet. They get this feeling that they should be together and when they touch their tails together both will glow as bright as the male was. That is how they become mates. Mates are life long.

But there is more. In Lampyrie society it is quite common the find gay or lesbian Lampys. When this happens the couples normally find each other the exact way as the others it just happens in their own section. These mates are also for life.
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:41 pm

HISTORY

For writing
Code: Select all
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

ARCHIVE

UNDECIDED

Lampy #5-6 - UFA

NATURE

Leader - Satine - Owned By ki-neko animura
Deputy -

Denver - Owned by FoxerOwl
Lampy #22 - Owned by Razzle
Lampy #15 - UFA
Lampy #16 - UFA
Lampy #19 - UFA

WATER

Leader -
Deputy -

Tobias - Owned by L Lawliet
Kustki - Owned by Sisyphus The Hamster
Lampy #17 - UFA
Lampy #18 - UFA

FIRE

Leader -
Deputy -

Danski - Owned by Lioness626
Fuego - Owned By Solanum
Zeal - Owned by L Lawliet
Lampy #21 - UFA

AIR

Leader -
Deputy -

Chello - Owned By muffy
Display - Owned by Bati
Lampy #20 - UFA
Lampy #21 - UFA

CRYSTAL

Leader - Indiana - Owned By ○~Discover~○
Deputy -

Esperanza - Owned By mai-mai-mari
Kiko - Owned by Sparrowpaw the Great
Last edited by ki-neko animura on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heir » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Mark!

;

─────────────────────

〈 amor, amor de mis amores 〉

🌎

hey i'm finn & i think you're pretty cool

;
heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gecko » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Marking omg these are soooo adorable! <3 Going to watch for staff applications eve
Ignore oekaki timers I always leave the tab open >:'D

𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙸𝙳
𝚐𝚎𝚌𝚔𝟶 #𝟺𝟽𝟻𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚜!
𝚂𝚒𝚖𝚊 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚝𝚜
𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊 𝙳𝚘𝚐𝚜
𝚃𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚊𝚒𝚕𝘴 𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢

gecko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ○~Discover~○ » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:08 pm

{- Marking <3 -}
ImageImageImage
|Tatumn - My Fursona||Apollo - My WOI||Character Development
Going through some tough time in real life right now. Art will be slow. Sorry for the inconveniences
Dream charries - P.M Me if you have one and are willing to sell!
○~Discover~○

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lampyries - Open in progress

Postby Oh-J » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Markers
    colorful hair don't care