Kami #1 by booklover789

Based on Click to view
Artist booklover789 [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kami #1

Postby booklover789 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:39 pm

This is my first entry for the Kami contest.

Palette: Exterminate!

Timer-lies-by-around-5-minutes.

This little boy is one of those odd cases where his pelt reflects how he died.

TheGAMER wrote:
What are Kami? wrote:
These creatures are the spawn from the souls of the dead. They began to spawn after World war 3, probably because of the radioactive waste that was strewn around the place. They do not eat, but rather absorb fire to keep their souls burning, and their health can also be determined by how full the glow is from their eyes. Their coats can sometimes depict how they died, and how long ago, whether by fire or murder. They wear masks to conceal their distorted faces, which are usually a depiction of the beast inside the corpse's soul from which they rose. These creatures are not all sour, but rather clingy and needy, being so alone and scared by their previous mind and revelation that their actually dead.

- Username;
booklover789

- Do you have a tablet?;
Nope, I use a mouse.

- How often are you on, and can draw?
It really all depends upon my schedule. This summer I will be absent for almost the entire month of July due to family obligations. As for August, I start a new semester at college approximately half-way through that month, so I'll be back in school from then until December. I'll have about two weeks off for Christmas, and then I'm back in school for the Spring semester in January.
When out of school, in the summer, when I'm actually home and have some free time, I'm on CS from 2-4 hours per day, every day of the week (except for Sundays and weird days where I'm busier than normal). If I'm on for 3-4 hours, I can draw for 2 hours. If I'm on for 1-2 hours, I can draw for 30 minutes-1 hour.
If I'm in school, I have probably only 1 hour per day on CS, sometimes less, particularly around midterms - halfway through the semester - and final exams - the end of the semester. I generally have more time towards the beginning of the semester and end up having less and less free time as the semester goes along (one semester = approximately 6 months; for the first month I may have 2 hours per day, but by the sixth month, I may have less than 10 minutes per day).

- Why do you want to be an artist?
I really LOVE the species. They're so original, and I've never seen anything like them in my entire time of being on CS (I've been a member of CS for 4 years). On top of loving the species and wanting a part of their awesomeness, I am very artsy-craftsy, as I like writing and drawing. Because of this, I think that the perfect role for me to play in the Kami community (for lack of a better term) is an artist. A secondary choice for me would be a moderator, but I would rather be an artist, honestly.

Last bumped by booklover789 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:39 pm.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups