Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Carks|| Closed and moving by corvidous

Based on Click to view
Artist corvidous [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
41 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Carks|| Closed and moving

Postby corvidous » Sun May 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Welcome to the Carks' adoption center!

Grand Opening Event here!

ImageImageImageImage
Carks' Ask.fm

Basic Information;
Carks are an odd species. Developed by a laboratory, Carks were first released into the public as a means of animal-based therapy. Their long, fluffy fur and gentle ways were quick to ease one's troubles, and since an owner doesn't have to worry themselves over feeding or watering the Cark, since no one's quite sure what they eat. Or how, for that matter, since mouths aren't readily visible. Once their therapeutic benefits were made available to the general public, they became a crazed hit. Now found in all homes, Carks are beginning to develop personalities, habits, and even occasionally, mutations.

Carks were developed with the thought of being therapy animals. With this in mind, all Carks were given a gene that made them glow at night like a trusty night-light. Since you're adopting, we thought it fit to provide a picture of both forms of your Cark- Day and Night Phases respectively.

pixel carks by Shiba Inu
Last edited by corvidous on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:39 am, edited 15 times in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Staff of Carks, Warnings, and Rules and Affiliates.

Rules;

*Respect other users, even if not staff.
*Do not beg, whine, complain, etc. about the staff, winning, losing, etc.
*Don't steal the species, or any of the ideas behind it.
*You own a total of three regular Carks. Nursery slots will be introduced later. Staff may own four- Including one of their own customs.
*No spamming; questions and 'marking' are permitted, but may be PM'd/ask fm'd to Wyrd.
*Items are able to be added to the species, but keep them appropriate.

Staff;

Admin;
Wyrd

Artists;
N/A

Mods;
N/A

Archivist;
BrightHeaven

Fanclub Manager;
Gerbilfuzz

Warnings;
-N/A-

Affiliates;
These lovely adoption centers deserve to be checked out!

Plumerian Adopts by Charchar2!

If interested, feel free to PM me about it!
Last edited by corvidous on Wed May 07, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information Guide on Carks

Detailed Cark Guide;

Carks are an odd species. Developed by a laboratory, Carks were first released into the public as a means of animal-based therapy. Their long, fluffy fur and gentle ways were quick to ease one's troubles, and since an owner doesn't have to worry themselves over feeding or watering the Cark, since no one's quite sure what they eat. Or how, for that matter, since mouths aren't readily visible. Once their therapeutic benefits were made available to the general public, they became a crazed hit. Now found in all homes, Carks are beginning to develop personalities, habits, and even occasionally, mutations.

Carks were developed with the thought of being therapy animals. With this in mind, all Carks were given a gene that made them glow at night like a trusty night-light. Since you're adopting, we thought it fit to provide a picture of both forms of your Cark- Day and Night Phases respectively.

We're not sure exactly what Carks even are. Some odd hybrid, or maybe an entirely new strand of recombined DNA. We just don't know. The lab doesn't always provide specifics, although I'm sure we'll learn more as time goes on. We do know, however, that all Carks are different, and seem to possess developing and budding personalities that are influenced by their owner.

Despite having been raised in a lab, these creatures are soft, fuzzy, warm and caring. They love to cuddle with their owners, and rarely, if ever, leave their owner's side. They seem to have an innate ability to sense stress, anxiety or even oncoming health issues. Even more impressive is the fact that they always know the correct treatment for any ailment.

Adult Carks have been recorded to reach up to three feet in length, even though they start off no longer than four inches when hatched from an age. It takes about one month for a Cark to transition between age-stages, so about two months for a newborn to become an adult.

A Cark's glow is the result of bio-luminescence, most likely artificial, but still just as amazing. This glow was intended to soothe a Cark's owner to sleep, or to help navigate during the night. It is perhaps one of the most notable features of a Cark. Another unique feature of a Cark is its 'mask'. These masks have three eye slits on each side of the mask, which appear to lack an eye. Somehow, Cark's can 'see' the world around them perfectly fine, as we have yet to find one that ran into things.

Male and female Carks do differ in appearance. Female Carks have more fur around their necks and masks, while the males always have less fur and are narrower.

A Cark's diet is unknown at this time.

Several mutations have been observed, but that's only what we've heard from the lab, as we haven't seen any ourselves. More to come later.
Last edited by corvidous on Sun May 04, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Black Market of Carks

Postby corvidous » Sun May 04, 2014 2:46 pm

The Black Market

Here at the Black Market, one may obtain custom Carks. No longer available to the general public, custom Carks are only given out by the lab through special events, most often marked by a holiday or vacation. We're not quite sure when this will ever open, but it will be posted below if it does.

Grand Opening Event;

In support of the grand opening of the general wing of Carks, the lab is allowing for two custom Carks to be made. There don't seem to be any limitations on what you could do if you won a custom a Cark, other then no mutations allowed since those are mutations and as the lab states 'happen randomly and are in no part true science'.

Auction;

With the new wing opening, money has been tight, and the lab is looking for money. They have allowed for mutations to be allowed with this custom, and this custom only.

*You may bid CS pets/C$
*Highest bidder wins, and there will be a 5 minute down period at the end of the time to prevent sniping
*Will end when the raffle ends- 1 PM EST 5/12/14.
Currently Leading;

EEEEEeee + EE+130k FR Treasure {EEEEEEEee}

Bids;
bid one eeeeeEE+ 32k FR treasure + 900 dA points EE +http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=36240376&userid=213343&signature=N5t1Tfg2NpdVZ8NIlRGyeg
bid two eee+eeee+EE+ee+EE
Felisfire Items and Feli- EEee +eEEe
EEEEEeee + 100k FR Treasure {EEEEEEEee}
Last edited by corvidous on Wed May 14, 2014 11:49 am, edited 22 times in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carks;; Grand Opening!

Postby Venatici » Sun May 04, 2014 2:46 pm

marks
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

πšƒπš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ πš πš‘πšŠπš πš’πš πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš, πšπš˜πšŽπšœπš—β€™πš πš’πš?
πšƒπš˜ πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’πšŽπšœπš, 𝚊𝚜 πš πšŽπš•πš•.

π™Έβ€™πš– πš—πš˜πš πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’ πš πš‘πšŽπš— π™Έβ€™πš– πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── β™₯ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love β™₯ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gay β™₯ rose β™₯ bark bark
bean β™₯ kilogram β™₯ giant rat

──────── β™₯ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muttz » Sun May 04, 2014 2:46 pm

omgg <33 -rubs self all over thread- shibe mark
Bottom babe UFA!
    ImageImageImage
      I'm always here to help and happy to do so my lovelies. I'm generally
      approachable and friendly, and I love chatting to new people frequently! β™₯
    [ Characters β€’ DA β€’ PRH β€’ Help Ticket β€’ FAQ]
Muttz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allinian » Sun May 04, 2014 2:48 pm

marky marks <3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----------
on hiatus.
----------
⟑

⟑ alli ⟑ she/her ⟑
⟑ to-do list ⟑

art credit ⟑ img rotator
⟑
⟑⟑⟑⟑⟑⟑⟑
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stoatkiss » Sun May 04, 2014 2:48 pm

mark oDo
Great job on these bby <3
stoatkiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Suchgo » Sun May 04, 2014 3:02 pm

*licks thread* Mine.
Sullivan: Christian - vegan - ISFJ - ace - sphinx - sleuthsphinx

β—€...................................β—₯..
RP Tracker

Our Byte is Worse Than Our Bark - Discord.
n/a - n/a.
β—£.....................................β—’..
sig chibi avatar

TH-Instagram-Art Fight
Suchgo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corvidous » Sun May 04, 2014 5:20 pm

In celebration of the grand opening, the Black Market is currently open, and offering opportunities at custom Carks!
hello

---------

he / they
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me