Based on Click to view
Artist polarkitty2 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

JB Andrew, or "Andy"

Postby polarkitty2 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:21 pm

image baced on 1 of my fave horses of all times , JB Andrew,

JB Andrew, or "Andy" to his friends , was born free in 1985 in Nevada and captured within his first year and taken to a holding facility in Texas until he was ready to break. At the age of two, Andy was taken to the Canyon City Prison where inmates broke him to ride. Ginger, Andy's original owner, visited the prison to find a mustang in order to preserve a part of American heritage. She paid $125 to the program for his adoption and a pair of new cowboy boots to the prisoner who broke Andy. She named him J.B. Andrew after his prison break (J.B. short for Jail Bird). Later, Ginger brought him to Golden where she met Kelly. After Kelly's horse went lame, she started to ride and train Andy.

Kelly and Ginger formed a friendship forged thru Andy. Kelly continued to ride and show Andy even after her horse was sound. Initially Andy had no personality and would just stand in the cross-ties. As he and Kelly progressed in training, he developed strength and a huge heart, trying to please Kelly at whatever they tried. His big heart is why Andy made it so far in the dressage world. He had arthritis and quarter-cracks on his front feet, but continued to give everything he had. Andy matured to a LARGE 16.3 hh with size 5 feet, but because he is part draft horse, he appears well over 17 hh.
Andy has made quite a few appearances in his life and met quite a few people, including actress Betty White at the Morris Animal Foundation Event in 1998.

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM)paid for Andy and Kelly to make his last major appearance at Dressage for Devon. It was so much fun for us both!

After many successful seasons, Kelly was able to purchase Andy, which was very hard for Ginger to do. The two women are still friends and continue to work together for Andy's well-being.

Andy showed thru Intermediate II and was working on Grand Prix movements when he had to be retired in 2000.

In 2003, Andy was the first horse to be inducted into the Wild Horse and Burro Foundation's Hall of Fame, along with "Wild Horse" Annie, the person responsible for federal protection for the American Mustang

source; http://www.classicalequestrian.com/news.html
polarkitty2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JB Andrew, or "Andy"

Postby SnivelGriff » Fri May 02, 2014 5:33 pm

I like him. He's really pretty, and the drawing of him is really nice. I like it :D
╔═════════════╗

Mikey ⚢
Lesbian ❤ she/her

Playlist
x X x X

╚═════════════╝

ToltersCWHRPRWME
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
SnivelGriff

My pets