Odis - The Suspicious Pip by lemondropkitten

Based on Click to view
Artist lemondropkitten [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 14
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Odis - The Suspicious Pip

Postby lemondropkitten » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:55 am

Finally finished him! Gosh, I spent a lot of time on him, and I must say, I love how he turned out ^^
    He may or may not have a brother floating around in my unfinished drawings who may or may not be up for adoption at some point c;

Lines and species © paper flowers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want?"
    Name:
    Odis.
    He actually prefers to be called "Otis" even though his name is spelled "Odis." He pretty much doesn't care either way, however, and only those closest to him, which is very few, call him Otis.
    Class:
    Common.
    Odis does not respect (or trust) higher classed Pips, and is a master at aggravating kings/queens and royals.
    Charm:
    Odis wrote:Its not really a charm, I suppose. Its actually a small silver dagger. Why is my charm a small, silver dagger? Well, I- wait, why do you want to know? Never mind. It doesn't concern you... at the moment, anyway. Now shoo.

Odis has had his "charm" since he was abandoned as a tiny pipsqueak along with his brother. The only thing that was with him, when Lemon found Odis abandoned in the nearby woods with his brother, was the small, silver dagger that the tiny pipsqueak refused to let go of. And when Odis got his collar, he attached the dagger to it to act as his charm, though if he ever needs it for anything, it easily detaches from the collar. When he holds it, Odis grips it firmly by the end attached to the collar between his teeth. Odis never lets anyone but himself touch the dagger, and he always keeps it clean and shiny.
    Personality:
    Odis is an unusual Pip, to say the least. For one, he has never allowed himself to really, truly bond with anyone, even Lemon, though his bond with her is stronger than with anyone else, it is still not as strong as an ordinary Pips' bond, and most likely the only reason he has bonded to anyone at all is basic Pip instinct.
    What confuses everyone who knows Odis is that he will vanish for days at a time, and when he comes back, appears to have injuries, whether it is a few scratches on his shoulder or a broken leg.
    Only Lemon knows where he goes and what he does, as she is the only one Odis has confided in, and she refuses to tell anyone why "her" Pip almost always has one injury or another (Odis hates being called "Lemon's," suggesting that she owns him, and is usually pleased when Lemon answers with "Odis is not mine, we may have bonded, yes, but I certainly do not "own" that Pip. He comes and goes of his own free will.)
    When Odis first started leaving for days at a time, he would come back bloody, some of it his and some of it not, the tip of his usually well-polished dagger dripping with crimson. He would come back either shot, scratched, or with some broken or sprained bones. When he would limp home after days, wounded, Lemon would help clean him off and fix his wounds, as Odis refused to ever be taken to any sort of hospital. Then he would rest at home for awhile until his wounds fully healed, and than he would head out again. After a while, Odis started coming back with less and less wounds, as if he was becoming more experienced at whatever he does. Surprisingly, Odis has only two scars. One along the back and side of both of his front legs. The nearly identical scars are straight and narrow, as if made by a knife.
    Odis is also very suspicious- he trusts almost no one except Lemon, and even he doubts her reasons if she tries to prevent him from going out on another "job," which she hardly ever does. Ask him almost any question and he will narrow his eyes at you and refuse to tell you anymore. Most people think that Odis is crazy- and they could be partially right. Odis is very suspicious by nature and always has been. He is also very quiet and stealthy when he moves around, allowing him to sneak up behind people or another Pip and making some sort of noise (a sudden grrowl or snake-like hiss) causing them to jump. This makes people wary of the strange behavior of the large Pip, causing them to think that he is "off in the head." Odis is also neither cuddly nor cute (most of the time), and some people that live around Lemon's neighborhood are even a little afraid of Odis, though he would never hurt anyone innocent. He can actually be sweet - if you can believe it - when he is not on any jobs, though still suspicious of everything and everyone.
    Family wise, Odis pretends he doesn't even have a brother, and greatly dislikes his brother. He claims that he has no parents, which starts most of the arguments between him and his brother, who is determined to someday track down their parents. Odis considers Lemon to be his only family.
    Overall, Odis is suspicious, stubborn, rude, aggravating (mostly to Pips that are kings/queens and royals), stealthy, a loner, and a hunter.
    Hex codes:
    Base gray; 8e9195

White; f0f1f3

Dark gray; 515255

Nose and paw pads; 434447

Eyes; dbe68b

Lighter part of eyes; f5fcc1

Collar; 0e0e0e
    Art:
    By me
    x

Colored in
    x

By others
    x
Last edited by lemondropkitten on Wed May 07, 2014 8:12 am, edited 15 times in total.
    hey! I'm lemondrop (he/him). I hop on here sporadically.

Image Image Image

spare some love for your
local bugs and spiders.

good morning,
good night.
lemondropkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: wip

Postby Sp00kEHours » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Cool marking ^^ and adorable kitten in your signature!

Old member just selling pets for art of her ocs
Sp00kEHours

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: wip

Postby lemondropkitten » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:34 am

Thanks! Hehe, kittens are adorable c:

Last bumped by lemondropkitten on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:34 am.
    hey! I'm lemondrop (he/him). I hop on here sporadically.

Image Image Image

spare some love for your
local bugs and spiders.

good morning,
good night.
lemondropkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups