Blackheart and Redflame Duel by Roonie-Roe

Based on Click to view
Artist Roonie-Roe [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Blackheart and Redflame Duel

Postby Roonie-Roe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Decided to color my own lines as they reminded me of a scene from the story I'm working on. 'Tis my characters Blackheart (the older black wolf) and Redflame (the younger red-ish brown one) exchanging a few words before they fight. Enjoy I guess. :P

The story and characters belong to me, Roonie-Roe, and no one else! Please do not steal/copy them!

-------------------------

The sky was moonless, cloudless and endlessly filled with stars that twinkled and cast their gentle light upon the sleeping world below. On any other night Blackheart would have sat and gazed at them for hours on end, at peace with the world and joyful of heart. But this night was different. This night he planned to confront his longtime enemy, Redflame, and kill him once and for all. For the sake of all the land and the beings who lived there, order needed to be restored and Blackheart knew that this was the only way. Despite the warmth of the night air he shivered and his skin tingled with the anticipation of the fight to come.

Nubtail, his faithful mate, had begged him not to go, especially alone and unaided. In his mind he could still see her peacefully sleeping under the thick pine trees with the others. It had pained him greatly to slip out as they all lay soundly sleeping, leaving them without a word as to where he was going. But the thought of them dying from Redflame's rein of terror hurt even more sharply. He had to end Redflame's madness. He couldn't allow anyone else to be hurt by him and his twisted dream of power any longer. No, Blackheart was much better off alone this time.

He began the long climb up the twisted path on the cliff side that would lead him to Redflame's lair. The way was steep and rocky but he trudged on, determination pumping through every vein within him. It took several long minutes to reach the top and his legs ached from the effort. Once there he stopped to glance down on the forest below and catch his breath. The trees looked small and surreal in the soft starlight, like miniature peaks and valleys dusted with ash. It looked so inviting and calm down there and a slight twinge of regret began to fill his heart. Were Nubtail and the others already awake and wondering where he'd gone? What if he failed and died in the fight? When he was gone who would look after the ones he'd grown to love so much? Before he could ponder these questions further there came a voice from behind him.

"I knew you would come..." It mocked.

Blackheart spun around as fast as he could on his three legs. There in the large gaping mouth of a cave sat Redflame. His yellow eyes shining menacingly in the darkness, a twisted grin upon his face. Blackheart's heart skipped a beat. It was time. There was no turning back now.

Reflame calmly stood up, stretched his legs and yawned. "I've been waiting and wondering when you'd show yourself. I'm so glad you didn't disappoint me." He said coolly as he walked slowly but confidently toward Blackheart. All the time smiling his evil smile.

Blackheart growled and turned his ears back in annoyance. Oh how he longed to rip that smile from that ugly face. To rid the world of it and the demonic soul that wore it. "Yes, I am here now. Here to put your evil to an end at last."

Redflame laughed and smiled wider, "Evil! What evil?"

"I don't know about you but to the rest of us killing innocent beings is considered evil." Blackheart snarled.

"Innocent beings? Ha!" Redflame's eyes glinted with madness as he spoke. "You call those of you who took my father away from me so carelessly innocent? None of you are the least bit innocent! My father did nothing wrong and you killed him! You should all die for what you did to him!"

Blackheart tried with great difficulty to keep his voice as calm as possible. He mustn't let his temper get the better of him too quickly like it had so many times in the past. "Your father wasn't innocent, Redflame. He mercilessly killed the Anarrik leaders because they had banished him for attacking their daughter when she refused to be his mate. What he did was not acceptable. He had to be punished for his actions."

"Punished for giving them what they deserved for the way they treated him? I would have killed them too if I were him! They deserved to die!"

"No. They did not deserve to die for protecting their daughter. Any loving parent would have done the same."

"Pah! Love!" Redflame spat. "That's what makes you Kuttorians so weak! You may be strong and fast on your feet, but you think with your hearts too much and not your minds! If I had of been old enough at the time I would have helped my father to rid this land of all of you! You all deserve to die and leave the rest of us to do as we please!" He snarled and began to advance on Blackheart.

Blackheart could see this conversation was going nowhere. Arguing with Redflame was a lost cause. His heart was as black as Blackheart's fur and there was no changing it. It was time to do what he had come here for. He had to rid the world of this evil being once and for all.

'How ironic I should be named Blackheart when it is Redflame that should be named as such.' Blackheart though to himself before making the first blow.

.~:{}:~.

ImageImageImage

Adult | She/Her, They/Them | Pansexual
Pet/Item Hoarder | Artist
ImageImage Image
[My CS Hoards] [Toyhouse]
[Dragon Cave] [Flight Rising] [Furry Paws]

ImageImageImage
Roonie-Roe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Blackheart and Redflame Duel

Postby Darazu » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Words cannot describe how amazing this is. Very nice story to go along with it too.
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image
Darazu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonie-Roe » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks hun. ^^;;

ImageImageImage

ImageImage Image

ImageImageImage
Roonie-Roe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Sun Fan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:12 am

Both are wonderfur!!! the lineart also matches a couple scenes in my wolf story!!! but mine is not as near organized as yours, i change mine almost constantly!!!

Ill color it as my wolves too!!! LOVE YOUR WORK!!! :clap: :thumbup:
I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, I'm not afraid to admit I cried. I can't believe it's really over. It has been going through my whole life. RIP to all of those who died to save the world from Voldemort.
DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY FOREVER!
Fursona Copies?! No THANKS DO NOT STEAL!!
( Would it be funny if someone steal yours? )
~Paste this in your signature if you think so! Sentence (c) TWG90
Midnight Sun Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonie-Roe » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks so much. ^^ I really like your image and story too. You did a great job! :)

ImageImageImage

ImageImage Image

ImageImageImage
Roonie-Roe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Sun Fan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:49 am

not as cool as yours!!! :clap:
I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, I'm not afraid to admit I cried. I can't believe it's really over. It has been going through my whole life. RIP to all of those who died to save the world from Voldemort.
DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY FOREVER!
Fursona Copies?! No THANKS DO NOT STEAL!!
( Would it be funny if someone steal yours? )
~Paste this in your signature if you think so! Sentence (c) TWG90
Midnight Sun Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me