Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

The Travelers [ o p e n :> ] by byyrde

Artist byyrde [gallery]
Time spent 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by byyrde

by byyrde

by byyrde

The Travelers [ o p e n :> ]

Postby byyrde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:48 am

IMAGINE A SPECIES WITHOUT A TRUE EXISTENCE. . .
      The travelers are, technically, an unnamed species. They aren't really a species at all. More of an accident, really, an accidental mixture of ideas spread across time, space, and parallel worlds. The Travelers have their own itsy bitsy planet, but most never stay. It sits on the edge of the Void, and there's nothing there for them. That's where they get their titles. Because that's what their existence is about. They travel, and they fall in love. New worlds, new times and eras, new dimensions. They love it all. They approach it all, curious as ever. But it's no fun exploring the universe alone. The travelers find friends and companions in humans and aliens. Some are even considered servants or pets.
      Will you join one ?

A TRAVELER'S RULES
      I beg of you to follow these rules qAq <3
      - Please respect anyone who is adopting or just asking around on this thread and all threads in between.
      - Please respect the artists, moderators, and overlords of the thread.
      - Please do not steal any of the designs you find here please and thank!
      - Please avoid unnecessary comments and spam. You can post to mark, but no one word posts please !
      - Try out for one traveler at a time, unless it's a quick contest or something.
      - You can only own three travelers for now.
      - I don't really do customs or breedings, please don't ask about it. qvq
      - That's all for now, friends. Thank you for reading! If I think of anything else, I'll add it here.

UNIVERSAL STAFF
      Creator ;;
      Festiy

Assistants ;;
      Lululizzy23
      i c e mistress;;

Artists ;;
      Festiy

Mods ;;
      Festiy

Last edited by byyrde on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Awaiting Travelers

Postby byyrde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:53 am

THOSE AWAITING THEIR COMPANIONS
      This is a list of available travelers. They're all hopeful for a good adventure. Will you be the one to give them that ?

byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

More Information

Postby byyrde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:55 am

THE CREATURES LOST IN TIME AND SPACE
      A species lost on the edges of time and space. A species that shouldn't exist. Made up of the leftovers of the universe. Ideas, technology, legends and stories, brought to life by mere luck, and maybe a little bit of magic. But that's exactly what the traveler's are. The bits and pieces, forgotten in time.
      The travelers didn't start out with their physical bodies, however. They began as phantoms, little whisps of universe flitting about near the void. As time and space grew, as did they. Their bodies used to be malleable. Able to be changed easily. But as they spread out across different dimensions, people saw them as they are now. That became the common form, and now it is their only form.
      There's more to them than time and space. For instance, how do creatures bound to a lost planet travel an entire universe? Do they eat? Do they sleep? It truly depends.

IT DEPENDS ON THE TRAVELER
      No two are truly alike. Some like the year 1939. Others much prefer 1938. Some might like the exact same place at the exact same time, just in different dimensions entirely. Travelers almost never meet up with one another. There's so many points to be in, so many eras, so many planets, so many parallel universes, they all go about their own way. Sometimes, one will find a pair, but usually they go about alone, or with other companions.
      Sometimes, a traveler will fall in love with the thing it resembles. A creature made up of lost ideas and causes, some of those ideas will stick in its head. A traveler with the memories of a lost earth might fall in love with the human race. Might want to nurture them and fix them. He would stay there all his life. Another might prefer the Slitheen, or perhaps a mutant or something. On occasion, it depends on what they're made up of. Other times, it's merely what they discover first. It all truly depends on the traveler themselves.
      When a traveler goes somewhere, and stays there, they tend to pick up the customs of the place. If it is a place of no sleep, no eating but quick meals, the assimilate. They take up that way of life. If they live on a planet of sleepers, then they sleep. They are the ultimate adapting beings. Doing whatever their new home does, to fit in, to prove their love for the world. Sometimes they make friends, if it's a friendly place. Sometimes they just do their own thing.
Last edited by byyrde on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved

Postby byyrde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:56 am

reserved as well ! :>>
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

open !

Postby byyrde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:58 am

everyone is free to post now ! ouo
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Travelers [ o p e n :> ]

Postby lululizzy23 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:06 am

marking w00t
    this species tho fest <3
"one doesn't need sunglasses on a gloomy day and yet it is on a gloomy day that one must look one's flyest"

"if you're one in a million, there are 6,999 ppl just like you. they are coming for u. they will destroy u. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. godspeed"

"every grunge boy has his soft grunge side"

"I said "this isn't my first rodeo" but I pronounced it like Rodeo Drive. this let the cowboys know that it was, in fact, my first rodeo"

-Ezra Koenig (@arzE)

characters - dA - tumblr - ask.fm
lululizzy23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby extraterrestrial » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:07 am

marking yo these are fantastic :D
no longer active here <3

you can find me on deviantart ^^
here
extraterrestrial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vulpine-Poltergeist » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:23 am

*sits on giant pile of Travelers and sinks into them* Fluffyyyyy ;D; <3 So gonna try out for some!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
We're a system, but most of us are just here for the pets!
Vulpine-Poltergeist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zima. » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:24 am

Lovin the idea of these <3
zima.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby byyrde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:41 am

unfortunately due to tablet troubles, i won't be able to create a design for a little while. hopefully we'll have one tomorrow quq

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me