Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

~ Keepers of Life ~ Artists comp! by >> Leafstorm515

Based on Click to view
Artist >> Leafstorm515 [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

~ Keepers of Life ~ Artists comp!

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:00 am

Hello there.
First, let me say that these amazing lines were made by FireFly. Go give her tons of love because they're amazing!

Now, onto the fun part.

The Keepers of Life
What are the keepers of life?
History wrote:
Earth, a planet that all humans know as home. From life, birth,war, love even to death, every aspect of the world seems to work in mysterious ways.People have never understood how this works, or why things happen the way they do. But somewhere, lurking in the shadows, another story is kept hidden in ultimate secrecy.
The story of the Keepers.
Long before earth was ever formed, there was a planet known as Valki. This palent was home to a accelerated species known simply as the Feius. These extraterrestrial animals resembled the animals that earth calls cats, and were basically the same thing. But these cats were much differnt. They each has a special ability or aspect of life that they went through. These cats were also ageless. But as time went on, the noted that off in the distance, a new planet was forming. This was earth. THe toxic fumes from earth's constant destruction and choas began to eat away at the atmosphere of Valki, and the Feius were forced to evacuate. Some managed to make it via computer vechicles to a nearby planet they renamed Valki E, but some decided to make a valient trip to earth. They came in undected at around the third dynasty in Egpyt, and soon where all over the globe. These cats soon learned that the powers they poessed could ultimately save human kind from destruction, and began to form a network that kept all of humanity safe from harm. There is an underground soceity made by these cat's that thrives in a monachry, and has a royal army along with it down under the cities.
But along with these good Fieus's came the darkness. The darkness was a group of Feius's that were poluted at birth, marking them with the darker elements. Not all of them were evil, but the leader was. He set apart these special cats to o exactly what the others didn't want: Destroy man kind and turn Earth into the new Valki. The world is now a wonderous place in the 2000's, and is thriving greatly under the care of the Feius's. They renamed themsleves the keepers of life, and are still living today.

What are Keeper's of life?
Description wrote:
The Keepers are an acient extra-terrestrial type of feline hybird known as a Feius. Although some of these cat's are entirely pureblood Feius, some are the offspring of a normal cat and a Feius that retained more of the Feius blood. Males are about the size of bengal cats,and females about the size of russian blues. They come in a variety of coat colors and hair lengths. They can have bobbed tails, long tails, or normal skinny tails. Although you can't see it, keepers have opposable thumbs.Because of thier need for constant succession, Keepers often do not mate for life as they originally did on thier home planet. A litter will have an average of one kitten, with two to four being extremly rare, but not impossible. The kittens are of average size, but consume much more food than regular kittens. They stay in thier kitten stage for about 2 months before becoming an adult. Because of thier uniqueness, Keepers do have tiny crystal embedded in thier bodies for location purposes. There are differnt rankings, and each cat poesses a single aspect of life that he/she watches over. They appear as regualr cats to people and to other cats, but actually look much differnt and have a variety of acessories,clothing, weapons, and electronics on them that are invisible to others unless the Keeper wants them to see. Keepers are no longer ageless, but they do live about 80-100 years if unharmed. They eat normal food, but will eat fruit and other things that a normal cat would not.

So hey! I'm Murdoc, and I recently thought up this species and Firefly drew me some lines. Now, I'm going to be looking for some artist to work in the adpotion center with me. This competition is going to be fun and new to me, so bear with me.

Things I'm looking for in an artist:
- Reliable
- Can be on at least once a week
- Can make 1-2 adpotables per week
- Advertises and gets in more adpoters
- Active in the species
- Creative ideas, not boring
- Makes people work for adoptables, but will do fun thing adoptions at times
- nice.

Okay, so as of now I will be hiring about 5 artists to the species to start. Each artist who wins will get to pick 5 -7 pets from my trading groups. ( Here: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... erid=27907 and here: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... 27907) They will also become full time artists and be able to make themselves and extra custom in the future.

RULES:
- Do not copy anyone's deisngs.
- Be nice to everyone
- Put effort into your designs
- Don't be self-negative ( ie.: "I'm not going to win...")
- Follow species guidelines ( Below )
- Message me with any questions.
- You can enter up to five times.
- Don't complain if you aren't choosen, I will be holding another ongoing competition soon
- Have tons of fun!
- You can't keep the designs made on these lines, sorry. If you're choosen as an artist, you might be able to keep on of your designs, but you'd have to talk it over with me.
- You are not allowed to make any keepers with the following elements: Death,War,fear, or exploration. ^.^

SPECIES GUIDELINES:
- The coat patterns of the Keepers are mostly natural colors, but often times aren't natural patterns. Very rarely, there many be a few unnatural colors mixed into the design but never a completely non-natural cat. If you need help with this, look up feline coat patterns and you can see what kind of thing I mean.
- Each keeper has a 'theme' or an element. The cool thing about this is there are no holds barred, you can give the keeper a leather jacket, hair, collars, etc. As mentioned above, other species can't see these things.Since they have thumbs they can do things differnt than normal cats. Elements can be anything, really. Even from the past.
- You are definately encouraged to do line edits. This will show that you have understanding of how to work with things like that. But at the same time, I'm really looking at designing ability and qauilty, so everyone's got a chance.
- No bright neon colors. Period. (Unless there's a dyed streak of hair.)
- The can have horns, as the original species did have horns. But horns are extremly rare, and aren't found among common cats.
- You may try designing any part of the Keeper community, from the army to the king/queen. Anything you like really.
- They have bright and shiney eyes, so remember to color the eyes in!

Tht's all for now! I'm working on the main thread, so watch for that too! Thanks for reading!

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~ Keepers of Life ~ Artists comp!

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:16 am

Bummp!

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:54 am

What is the color palate restrictions? ouo
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CLUMSY » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:59 am

Entering! eue
CLUMSY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:20 am

Ummm... Other than what I mentioned above, not many. X3 I'd like them to be natural enough to blend in, but on hair and acessories, go crazy. XD

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:11 pm

up

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:59 am

I made an entry! Any feedback on her? I might add more accessories later, but i am done with her overall design for now.
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:11 am

Goos entries guys. <3

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellyBoo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:09 am

Marking for entry later :)
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:09 am

<3 Thank you so much. ^.^ It means a ton to me!

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me