Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

New Age Thylacines- ARTIST COMPETITION by houndpine

Based on Click to view
Artist houndpine [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

New Age Thylacines- ARTIST COMPETITION

Postby houndpine » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:22 pm

►what are new age thylacines?
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

written by me and thebandit thylacine. the name ring a bell? probably. they were a slender carnivore in the marsupial family, located in tasmania, that little island underneath australia. yeah those little thylacines went extinct. poof. gone. or at least thats what they told everyone. every since the nineteen-thirties, the decade those little creatures died off, scientists have been using dna from preserved specimens to recreate the thylacine species. sounds great, right? bring the species back from the dead. but attempt after attempt, the dna failed to work, ending in more bills to pay then they could. but one night, the dna worked. a thylacine breeding pair was created. the species would come back, and those scientists would be rich! but there’s a problem. these little creatures aren’t what their past relatives were. they are faster. stronger. smarter, with an iq rivaling the homosapian, yes, human, species. what could be next? well their fur coloring, unusual patterns, long manes, tufts of longer fur on their tails, and saber fangs are appearing on these new type of thylacines. these new abominations. and the scientists are worried, because killing them off isn’t exactly working. the new age thylacines, as they call themselves, or nats, now live scattered throughout the world, surviving in almost all weather. and those original scientists... vanished.

►characteristics of nats
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

STRIPES- new age thylacines will always have stripes in the pattern of old thylacines- starting from just after their shoulders and running to the base of their tails. this is a non-negotionable genetic trait.

MUTATIONS- there are three main/common mutations- the mane, the tuft, and the saber. the mane is a short, fluffy mane running from the top of their head to mid-back. the tuft is a large tuft of long hair at the end of their tail. the saber is long saber fangs resembling a saber-toothed tiger's. not all nats have all three mutations-many have just one or two.very rarely a new mutation will pop up, such as a longer mane or even horns.

COLORATION- new age thylacines can be unnatural colors, though the most common coloration is a natural base coat with unnatural colored markings. the designs and patterns of their fur are endless.

HABITAT AND DIET- they tend to live in remote areas of wilderness, and are usually found in warm climates. they are carnivores and hunt alone.

►rules
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

→ give credit to the artists
→ respect the artists and mods
→ no whining, begging, complaining, ranting, etc.
→ follow all cs rules
→ keep on cs unless given permission by me to do otherwise
→ you can only own four nats
→ do not ask for a custom, i will offer customs to certain people
→ if you break a rule three times, you are banned. break a rule once and get a warning.
→ if you no longer want your nat, you must tell us and we will put it up for re-adoption
→ if you have any questions, post them here or pm me or a mod
→ artists can make themselves two customs, guest artists can make themselves one
→ guest artists are temporary artists who can make five nats not including a custom

►prizes
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

first-fourth place:
a full time artist slot and a rare pet

fifth-tenth place:
a guest artist slot
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Age Thylacines- ARTIST COMPETITION

Postby Oh-J » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:02 am

Entering
    colorful hair don't care
Oh-J

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:46 pm

entering :3
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jax. » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:10 am

i failed XD
jax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndpine » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 am

thanks so much <3
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winchester. » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:59 pm

just helping bump c:
winchester.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red Badge of Courage » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:00 pm

I now can become an artist. What exactly do I need to do besides color it in?
I'm not really on anymore. I've found a better roleplaying site. I will still be on occasionally to reply to roleplays and adopt pets. If the owners of a roleplay want to free my spot up for another, you can go ahead and kick me. Just send me a pm telling me that.
Red Badge of Courage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me