Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Crinitus Dracones Artist Competiton!<3 by lesbian

Based on Click to view
Artist lesbian [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Crinitus Dracones Artist Competiton!<3

Postby lesbian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:22 am

ImageImage

{{ Hey there!<3

{{ I assume you're reading this because you wish to be an artist?

{{ Well, if that is indeed the case, you should read on!

The Species wrote:
{Kri-nit-us Drak-o-ness}

{{ Crinitus Dracones are a species of dragon. The literal translation is Fluffy Dragons, but it was decided that 'Fluffy Dragons simple wasn't an elegant enough name, therefore 'Crinitus Dracones' was born!

{{ They are not extremely rare, but have a level of rarity to them. They are linked with humans; but one specific human may only be linked with three, but that is very rare. These people must be strong willed and put a huge amount of effort into giving each equal attention.

{{ The dragons are quite unique and at time often do not look alike to anything. Though some look similar, but only if they are twins; even then they look different.

{{ The dragons at adulthood can reach two meters tall, and can be as small as 1 meter. The males tend to be taller than the females.

{{ Between being a hatchling and adulthood the dragons play-fight and relish each others company. They tend not to make their first bonds at this age but it is not unheard of; the reason it is more difficult to bond at this age is because when first born they spend all of their time with their mothers then grow and enjoy playing with other hatchlings.

{{ The egg is warm to touch and has a slight feeling of feathery down, though not visible to the naked eye there are tiny hairs coating the egg to keep it warm for when the parents are not with the egg. The best time to bond with a Crinitus is now; though finding an abandoned egg or stealing one is quite the feat as the parents are very diligent and caring. The only time you cold ever do this easily is through breeding a Crinitus and helping care for the egg.

{{ The eggs are made of a very thick, almost indestructible material. Nobody has really tried to break the eggshells except after hatching and even then it's very tough.

{{ They will not let human ride them unless they are extremely close.

{{ They are practically sentient beings. They cannot speak any human language and can only speak through their human.

{{ They are generally very quiet, and very kind towards other beings, but they do have separate personalities and can be different.

{{ They do not have mating seasons because they mate whenever they want to. And they mate for live meaning that they only mate once they no longer have a hatchling or egg to care for, even then the sometimes choose against it.
Last edited by lesbian on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules!<3

Postby lesbian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:54 am

ImageImage

Rules!<3

{{ All of Tess' rules apply. -- Every Oekaki rule!
    {{ Be kind to the artists, if you don't like a design leave it be. -- Do not be rude to other entries, though I seriously doubt any of you wonderful people would, sometimes you need to be careful what you say as it could be conceived as offensive! c:
    {{ Don't complain if you do not win, congratulate the winner and move on.
    {{ Do not claim the species as your own.
    {{ If you don't win, you can't keep your design or Dragon, sorry!
    {{ You may enter four times maximum!
    {{ Please don't get upset if you don't win. I'm sure all of you will have beautiful entries; it's just some may be more suitable/professional than others.
    {{ Also, avoid doing stuff similar to other people.
    {{ They are never neon, and if I find any of the entries neon or very close to they will be instantly disqualified.

- Minor Line edits; like adding accessories are OK and if done well enough can be a bit of a booster!
    - Showing an egg, a hatchling and adult on one oekaki. -- It just impresses me a little, however if you do become an artist you wouldn't do this + It would count for a single entry meaning you would be able to do like twelve entries in total if you made four entries each showing each stage! ;)
    - Making two separate adults in this competition, of each gender, then making their offspring too. ;P
    - Space themes, and nature themes.
    - Making small backgrounds. Nothing too intricate, just something small that suits the dragon.
    - Making a tiny little story to go along with it {Only a couple of liens} explaining how the potential adopter could adopt it, such as...
DandyLoops123 wrote:A dark and oddly shaped stone catches your eye. As you walk closer you realize it is not a stone but an unattended egg. A closer inspection you can see tiny green scales partially covering the egg.The solid outer shell making it near impossible to see the embryo and how far the hatchling has progressed through it's incubation. Except for the fact that it is lightly cracked.

☯℞äwrizätiⓞn☠ wrote:You get the slight chills as you pass by this dragon. It's markings remind you of an ice themed calico cat, with stripes. It's yellow glowing eyes give you an eerie feel, but you aren't quite sure that's a bad thing. Even with the eerie and cold vibe, this dragon seems to want to welcome you with a warm friendship.

TheFabulousKilljoy<3 wrote:As you approach the egg you recognize it as a dragon egg, it's smaller than normal, you think perhaps it is a female?
At a closer look you notice it is slightly translucent, and that you can see the embryo inside.
It appears to have a cherry blossom on the egg and you wonder if it will have that once it grows?

- NEON COLOURS! -- Please don't do these, I can't stress it enough. It will always end up looking terrible and these guys are supposed to be elegant and nice!
    - Plagiarize. It's not fair on the original artist if you are copying their work. And 'taking inspiration' is rather similar if you are using the same colour schemes and essentially the same design.
    - Major line edits. -- I wont disqualify you for this or anything, but sometimes that can make the design look worse, and in all honesty, I'm looking for design artists rather than line artists! c:

I will be getting help for the judging, from;;

★ ʀ ᴀ ᴡ ʀ ★
Last edited by lesbian on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prizes!<3

Postby lesbian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:06 am

ImageImage

1st Place wins;

First choice of 5 pets from this group!
AND a place as permanent artist on the team, they get to keep one of their designs or make a new one -- they may decide to put the one they don't keep up for adoption, or if they make a new design, they may put both up for adoption.

2nd place wins;

Second choice of 4 pets from this group!
AND a place as a permanent artist on the team, they also get to keep one of their designs or make a new one -- they may decide to put the one they don't keep up for adoption, or if they make a new design, they may put both up for adoption.

3rd place wins;

First choice of 3 pets from this group!

AND a place as guest artist, for 2 weeks, and may make up to 6 designs, they too get to keep one of their designs or make a new one -- they may decide to put the one they don't keep up for adoption, or if they make a new design, they may put both up for adoption.

However, if deemed appropriate, more artists may be accepted and more prizes given out!<3
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Crinitus Dracones Artist Competiton!<3

Postby lesbian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 am

Feel free to post!<3

If I need to add anything it will go here.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:41 am

Yayy let's do this. C: <3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌──────────────────┐

no longer active
avatar - saturnus . sig art - wolberdan
commissions

| DA | I G |

└──────────────────┘

hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 am

Made mine- hopefully its good XD

just noticed my looks like yours- Whoops!

ImageImage
Cosmi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Bump~<3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌──────────────────┐

no longer active
avatar - saturnus . sig art - wolberdan
commissions

| DA | I G |

└──────────────────┘

hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Omg these are such beautiful creatures! i must enter!
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:32 pm

BUMP!<3

All the entries look great so far!
And Rawr, I fixed your name for you!<3
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items