Not The Breed by fantasy girl

Based on Click to view
Artist fantasy girl [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Not The Breed

Postby fantasy girl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:45 am

I'm a pitbull lover myself, and will adopt one when I move out. Nothing can stop me from adopting one.
But the thing I constantly hear when I ask my friends why they won't adopt a pitbull is;

Their too aggresive/dangerous. I'm not interested in adopting such a dog..

This answer right there ticks me rather much off, you can't label a breed. Each individual of that breed is different, no one is the same. It's called personality, temprament.
Yes, for the ones who bred these dog to fight illegally went only after the ones who where aggresive and snapped easily. But ever wondered what happend to the ones who where nice and why you've never heard any stories about them? That's because they where left to die. How someone can leave a dog who wags and gets happy to see you is sick. And it infuriates me to the bone.

There are tons of puppies, day old puppies up for adoption. And you can't say to a little puppy, that (s)he is too aggresive. The owner molds the dog, if you are lazy and let the dog pee and chew on whatever and never putting it in place. Ofc you will deal with a troublesome dog, but this can happen to whatever breed. From a little chihuahua to a golden retriever.
But you have no right to blame it on the dog, especially not the breed. It's almost never the dog's fault. But the owner's.

Great represants of how pitbulls truly are, are Ceasar Millan's pitbulls Daddy (may he rest in peace) and Junior. Would you go up to him and tell him that his dogs are too dangerous? Those two dogs calms down other aggresive dogs, with no fight or nothing.
So before you bash on something, take some of your time and actually read about it. Because no one is the same. And for those who do bash on them, that's called bullying. And you should feel ashamed.

Loose ref for cover the dog;
X
A dear friend | The Soap | Wifey | Twin sister | Precious Gosling
➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
WMEs | CKs | W.O.I |Short story gallery | My 200 WME Challenge | My dA | The Equid Gifting Game

Misc. wrote:Song; Houses - Beginnings
Thinking; hhhhhhhh I'll start my full lease on a horse 15th of September, so excited

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Not The Breed

Postby tricks » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 am

Absolutely true. I am a pitbull lover too- I personally think they are a really sweet breed, if they are raised the right way, with love but gentle discipline too, I think they are fantastic dogs. Great drawing, btw. And you are right- in my area, a child was recently sent to the hospital & had to have stitches because he was attacked by a family member's Yorkie. At the same time, I saw a news story about a pitbull saving his owner from a fire.

My local animal shelter used to euthanize ANY pitbull that came to the shelter, regardless if it was aggressive or sweet =c Pitbull lovers made a petition and sent it to the shelter manager- and pitbulls are now being adopted out to loving families. I hope everyone can learn from this example, and give these great dogs a chance. They don't deserve to be overlooked in shelters just because of their breed.
tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Not The Breed

Postby fantasy girl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 am

Always nice to meet another pitbull lover who shares the same opinion as us others. Gives me some faith <3
And that just shows exactly how stereotypes are seriously overrated and too much believed in. For some weird reason people think small dogs are 'safer' than big dogs. Well ofc if you have a little child then a smaller dog can't as easily push them by accident. But still, I've seen tons of smaller dogs barking and snarling and trying to hop towards my dog in some what of an aggresive mood when we walk past. Just shows what lack of disipline does, and in this other case how with the proper training a dog will risk it's own life to save their beloved ones, pitbull or not <3

Oh, and it's not my drawing, I just colored it in. But the lines are indeed amazing.

That's awful!
This is what frustrates me, animal shelters with a death clock over their rescue pets. In my opinion if a dog -or any other kind of animal- has a death clock over it, it isn't rescued. It is probably in more danger and more of a rush than what it was earlier. Such shelters should get rules changed, and kill shelters should be illegal. Who would even work there?

That gives me so much faith in humanity, knowing that there truly are people out there who cares, and who actually takes action!
I hope so too, it's a tragedy how people are overlooking them. They are just as much of a dog that any dog you will meet! Perhaps even more as they are so 'unknown'.
But thank you for sharing this wonderful little achievement with me, really brings my hopes up that someday - not so far away - pitbulls won't be a labeled breed, and that everyone will accept them <3
A dear friend | The Soap | Wifey | Twin sister | Precious Gosling
➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
WMEs | CKs | W.O.I |Short story gallery | My 200 WME Challenge | My dA | The Equid Gifting Game

Misc. wrote:Song; Houses - Beginnings
Thinking; hhhhhhhh I'll start my full lease on a horse 15th of September, so excited

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me