Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Closed! Winners Announced<3 by lesbian

Based on Click to view
Artist lesbian [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Closed! Winners Announced<3

Postby lesbian » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:32 am

Hi there, I guess you're reading this because you'd like to know more about this competition! No? Well you should be! cx Anyway... This competition is for myself and Piratepanda more artists for our adoptable; there has been a lot of interest shown in these lines and a lot of people wanting to be artists. That's all good and well as you may be an excellent designer, but you need to know how to colour these particular lines! c:

The Horses wrote:
- Dreamcatchers are a tiny breed of horse; they only reach 30cm at full height, and the males tend to be taller.

- When a human child is born, a dreamcatcher is also born, no-one quite knows how because they are not truly assigned to their human until they are five - As an untrained foal would be useless fighting against a nightmare.

- The mane, tail and eye nebula are made of dreams. Good dreams.

- Because they are so light they are able to float through the air.

- A dreamcatcher stallion often gives a mare jewellery for their horns to show they love them.

- The dreamcatcher mares have an eye nebula, whilst the males don't.

- They will stay with you until you die, but once you die their symbiotic bond with you is severed and they also pass on, to "The Dream World" - The Dream World is where they get their rest from nightmares, a reward for fighting nightmares, some call it an eternal slumber.

Other information about them includes;

The have natural body colours -- Therefore you can only make ones with natural coats. -- Some do come unnaturally but they are very rare, and only myself and pirate are allowed to make them. Sorry!
    Stallions tend not to have horn jewellery, but on occasion do.
    The manes also tend to be naturally coloured; but it's not uncommon for them to be a bit spacey!
    To make them unique; you are allowed to add rarer/unnatural markings but the base coat has to be natural.

No unnatural coats.
    Stallions do not have the eye nebulae. {The bit which flows out of the back of the eye.}
    They are almost never black -- because that is what the nightmares are; they are good, so are lighter colours. The closest they ever get to black is a dark grey.

Closed For Judging
Last edited by lesbian on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and such!c:

{{ All of Tess' rules apply. {common sense}
    {{ Do not claim the species as your own. -- remember to give lots of love to soph for making them!
    {{ If you don't win, you can't keep your design or horse. Sorry.
    {{ You may only enter twice as that is how many dreamcatchers you can own; but if you win you may only keep one. Again, sorry.
    {{ Do not be rude to other entries, though I seriously doubt any of you wonderful people would, sometimes you need to be careful what you say as it could be conceived as offensive! c:
    {{ Please don't get upset if you don't win. I'm sure all of you will have beautiful entries; it's just some may be more suitable/professional than others.
    {{ Also, avoid doing stuff similar to other people.

Guys; seriously. I'm getting sick and tired of people not following the above post so I'm adding it here too!

NinjaPanda wrote:
The Horses wrote:
- Dreamcatchers are a tiny breed of horse; they only reach 30cm at full height, and the males tend to be taller.

- When a human child is born, a dreamcatcher is also born, no-one quite knows how because they are not truly assigned to their human until they are five - As an untrained foal would be useless fighting against a nightmare.

- The mane, tail and eye nebula are made of dreams. Good dreams.

- Because they are so light they are able to float through the air.

- A dreamcatcher stallion often gives a mare jewellery for their horns to show they love them.

- The dreamcatcher mares have an eye nebula, whilst the males don't.

- They will stay with you until you die, but once you die their symbiotic bond with you is severed and they also pass on, to "The Dream World" - The Dream World is where they get their rest from nightmares, a reward for fighting nightmares, some call it an eternal slumber.

Other information about them includes;

The have natural body colours -- Therefore you can only make ones with natural coats. -- Some do come unnaturally but they are very rare, and only myself and pirate are allowed to make them. Sorry!
    Stallions tend not to have horn jewellery, but on occasion do.
    The manes also tend to be naturally coloured; but it's not uncommon for them to be a bit spacey!
    To make them unique; you are allowed to add rarer/unnatural markings but the base coat has to be natural.

No unnatural coats.
    Stallions do not have the eye nebulae. {The bit which flows out of the back of the eye.}
    They are almost never black -- because that is what the nightmares are; they are good, so are lighter colours. The closest they ever get to black is a dark grey.

Do not, under any circumstances ignore these. It's frustrating having to disqualify people. I don't enjoy doing it and it just shows how many people don't actually read my posts.

You only have 2 entries; if you have one or both disqualified you may not enter again. These are now the rules. Sorry.

Closed For Judging!<3
Last edited by lesbian on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prizes!<3

1st Place wins;

Image + Image + Image

AND a place as permanent artist on the team, they get to keep one of their designs or make a new one -- they may decide to put the one they don't keep up for adoption, or if they make a new design, they may put both up for adoption.

2nd place wins;

Image + Image

AND a place as a permanent artist on the team, they also get to keep one of their designs or make a new one -- they may decide to put the one they don't keep up for adoption, or if they make a new design, they may put both up for adoption.

3rd place wins;

AND a place as guest artist, for 2 weeks, and may make up to 6 designs, they too get to keep one of their designs or make a new one -- they may decide to put the one they don't keep up for adoption, or if they make a new design, they may put both up for adoption.
Last edited by lesbian on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dreamcatcher Competition!<3

Postby ghostly, » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:36 am

i'm not here for the compition i'm here to ask all you have to do is color in that picture? :/
ꁅꍩꂦꌚꋖ꒒ꐞ,
---------------------------------------------------------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:42 am

chasingthesun~ wrote:i'm not here for the compition i'm here to ask all you have to do is color in that picture? :/

Um, kinda. There are these things called layers, and you colour those in and have to make designs for them. It's a bit difficult for me to explain. But, if you were to enter and win, you'd become an artist in the adoptables, so you should be careful of that! c:

Sorry if I have confused you further. but if you are looking just to colour something in you should go to the editable oekaki section -- which is here, clicky!

Also, if you were to colour in, you wouldn't be able to keep the design you colour in unless you won.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 am

I am going to enter soon. <3
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:04 am

ImmyWimmy1 wrote:I am going to enter soon. <3

Thank you!<3

I didn't see this before I sent the Pm. Sowwy! >.<
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:06 am

NinjaPanda wrote:
ImmyWimmy1 wrote:I am going to enter soon. <3

Thank you!<3

I didn't see this before I sent the Pm. Sowwy! >.<

It's alright. ^^
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:16 am

BUMP!<3
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items