Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Rat needs a revamp [Results are in!] by Metallic Dragon

Artist Metallic Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rat needs a revamp [Results are in!]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Wed May 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Well, the results are finally in. Before I say who the winners are, let me thank all of you for your entries. This was the most difficult contest I've ever judged in my entire life. Not only because Rat is my fursona and I love her dearly, but also because there were so many amazing entries that I would love to use as her design. In the end though, Rat can only have one design and as much as it pains me, not everyone can win.
Which brings us to the moment we've all been waiting for.

I'll start with the honorable mentions:
Salt- Your entry was beautiful in every single way. I love it to death, but I just couldn't make it click as Rat in my head.
Bitley- The lineart and design were lovely, but there was just something about it that made me unable to choose it as Rat's final design.
Moonskye- Ahhhhhh, I just- I wanted to make it fit so dang bad ;A; But, I just couldn't...
-Amethyst- Your entry was so gorgeous, but again, I couldn't make my mind see it as Rat.

Now, for third place:
For a long time I was pretty well sure that this entry would be my final decision. I absolutely loved the dark markings on her face and the similarities between the new design and Rat's current one. Throughout the time I spent judging the entries, I still continued looking back at it as the possible first place, but in the end, I just couldn't make the design click with me the way I so desperately wanted it to. Congratulations to Alpha Bet on taking third place!

I deliberated between my two choices for first and second for a good thirty minutes and continued feeling conflicted about the two. This entry, I don't know what it is about it but when I finally got down to judging this contest, I couldn't help but come back to it. The simple beauty of the design drew me in, and the markings around her eyes were just so perfect. If I could have two first places and give Rat two different designs, there is no doubt that this would be one of them. Congratulations on taking second ArtemisDragon!

And finally, we come to the winning design. I look at it and, despite the additions to the design, automatically think 'Rat'. No matter how many times I told myself that I wouldn't be able to replicate the design with the same quality, I still couldn't convince myself that this wasn't the design that I was looking for. Complex in appearance, yet not overly so. Very natural lynx at first glance and yet not so natural to be generic or commonplace. Most importantly, it still contains the markings that made Rat who she is while being an obvious revamp at the same time.
Congratulations to Galen for taking first place!

Congratulations to the winners and once again, thank you all for your entries! I really appreciate the support and all the help improving my sweet little Rat!
The valid entries(as outlined on the front page) are allowed to send a trade for one rare pet from the group linked on the front page(please link me to your completed entry in the trade). Those who got honorable mentions, shoot me a PM and we'll work something out for each of you.
I'll be sending out the prizes to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners momentarily.

Yup, it's true. I've decided that my poor little Rat is in need of a revamp. She's been around for a while now, but I'm not really satisfied with her even now. I've changed, and therefore, I feel it's time she does as well.
I'll provide you with images of her currently to base your design on, and from there you can use your own creative liberty.

Rules:
1. You may not keep or use any of the designs from this contest in the event that you do not win as they are based on my fursona(In other words, I'll be keeping all entries in this contest).
2. Because of the above rule, each person who enters with an actual design(I want to see effort!!) will recieve compensation for their work.
3. Each person will only recieve one prize, regardless of how many entries they make.
4. Five colors have been provided already, those are Rat's base colors(including eye color). Those are the ones to be used, though you're welcome to add more colors.
5. You may make line edits or create your own lineart as long as I can easily see the design.
6. Art theft is strictly prohibited.
7. I'm looking for quality, and to a certain extent a bit of complexity(though not so complex that I can't reproduce the design)
8. Please be respectful to me and those who enter.
9. Rat is FEMALE, so please make sure your designs fit said gender.
10. Lastly, have fun!
11. IF the prizes change, I will give plenty of notice and they will only be worth more, never less than the current set.

Requirements:
1. Designs must be based around Rat's current design.
2. Accessories may be added, but no piercings of any kind.
3. Rat currently wears a heart-shaped pendant with thin black rings around it on a thin black cord. This is not mandatory, but I would prefer if it was kept.
4. The bracelet in her current references can and should be removed.
5. Rat is a Eurasian Lynx, if you make a different lineart, please keep that in mind.

Rat Currently:
XX
XX
XX
XX
XX

Prizes:
Each person who creates a VALID ENTRY(see information at the end of this post) will recieve ONE pet of their choice from this group

1st place:

2nd place:

3rd place:

This contest will end on July 24th, 2013
That should give you plenty of time to complete a valid entry.

What makes an entry valid?
-Utilizes the base and eye colors provided
-Obviously an updated version of Rat currently
-Follows the rules and guildelines laid out in this post
-Entry is complete
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rat needs a revamp [VR Prizes!]

Postby yeentei » Thu May 23, 2013 3:29 am

Marking. Rat sure does have an awesome design! Arg, my tablet pen has died so I can't do the best of colouring, haha. cx Beautiful lineart, by the way. You are a very, very good drawer. ^^ I'll try my best. <3

(congrats on your new position! eue)

- fox.

yeen - he/they, adult
i haven't been active here for a hot minute
art by spark-platinum
yeentei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Thu May 23, 2013 3:59 am

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to seeing your entry!!
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeentei » Thu May 23, 2013 4:38 am

your welcome. <3

how many times can we enter? c:

- fox.

yeen - he/they, adult
i haven't been active here for a hot minute
art by spark-platinum
yeentei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Thu May 23, 2013 4:55 am

As many times as you'd like, just be aware you will only receive one pet for entering
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Thu May 23, 2013 6:25 am

Wonderful ^^
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Orange Leaf » Thu May 23, 2013 8:51 am

OuO
I may enter, it depends on weather or not I have time!

- Orange Leaf

◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦҉◦

||Character Box|| Chichil Kaats! ♥ || Free Art Shoppe! || Link ||
Orange Leaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Thu May 23, 2013 8:54 am