Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Lineart Search by sapphirespirit

Based on Click to view
Artist sapphirespirit [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

None yet! You can be the first to create your own version of this drawing!

Lineart Search

Postby sapphirespirit » Mon May 20, 2013 6:10 am

Alrighty Folks, I'm having another line art competition. My other one hasn't taken off all that well, so i have an idea to get this one going. Make sure to read all the rules, please, and good luck to all!

END DATE : Undetermined

RULES:

I.Do Not use the premade background. Once you make your lineart, please either use a blank background, or make your own. (It is not required that you make your own Background, but it WILL BOOST your entry)
II. Follow the Species description as best you can.
III. Please, serious entries only.
IV. No whining, fighting, pitypartying, or anything of the sort. I won't tolerate it . You will be disqualified.
V. No chat/Text speak. You will be disqualified.
VI. No Spamming, Please keep posts to a minimum. (Bumps are allowed, and "Marking" "Entering" or anything of the sort, and Any questions are allowed. But, conversations are not. Take it to PM. )
VII.Seperate Layers for the various species identifiers are a must. (I.E. Eyes/tail/claws etc. must be on separate layers, AND their COLOR must be on separate layers.)
VIII. Lock Alpha is a must. You don't have to color the species as if it were real, just basic ,solid colors will suffice for now.
IX. Shading is a must. Highlighting will boost your entry.
X. Female/Male lines are required. Adopt me signs are not required, but will boost your entry.
XI. Must have the Species name somewhere , on a separate layer. Would like for it to be unique, not just simple lettering.
XII. Do Not copy anyone's art. Art theft will not be tolerated.
XIII. ALL of Tess's Rules apply
SPECIES INFO:
Wenelkos are swamp Residing Creatures. A wenelko is often referred to as a"Swamp Siren", "Swamp wolf" Or "Bayou Beast". Wenelkos are a Canine type Creature. They have fur, which can range in thickness and length (though keep in mind they do spend a majority of their time in the water).They have webbed toes on their paws. long, and razor sharp claws are on each paw. In addition to their fur, some may have a scaled body, or patches of scales. They have a series of sharp, alligator like teeth, With four significantly larger canines. They are very long, lanky animals, but don't let that fool you. Wenelkos are extremely tough, and very well muscled. They have ridges on their back that can range from small knots, to lrage ,finned spikes. These aid in determining the wenelko's age. The older they are, the larger their ridges. They have a thick, whiplike tail, that acts as one of their main defenses. Wenelkos are vulnerable when they are young-they have under developed claws and teeth. Young wenelkos are born about the size of a fawn, and can range in size as adults. The females are normally much smaller than the males- about the size of a doe. The males can range in size as well, the biggest being the size of a bull elk. They have large eyes that aid their vision in the dark, and large pointed ears. The males have large antlers on either side of their head, that normally only contain (at most) four branches. While it is rare, some females have been known to have (much smaller) antlers. Wenelkos communicate in a serious of clicks and whistles. When they are angered they have a snarling hiss, Much like an alligator's hiss blended with a wolf's snarl. When one is separated from another, they communicate using very unique sounds, often times resembling a very deep, owl like hoot. They have been known to imitate birds, other swamp creatures, and even people. This is what makes Wenelkos so dangerous. They prey on stray humans , lost humans in the swamp by imitating voices they have heard in the past, or even the victims, or the victims peers. Wenelkos are extremely intelligent. They can imitate any noise, even if only heard once. This is what draws intheir prey. They give a false sense of security, throwing their 'voices' into the swamp, lying patiently in wait. When their prey draws close, they strike. While they prey on humans, they have been known to hunt small game, and even fish when times are hard. They are very frightening creatures and are a force to be reckoned with.
WIP, will add more once the lineart is completed.

So, I hope that helps you guys a little with an idea of what the creature looks like. I want this to be artistic freedom, so i tried to use as little detail as possible. As always, if there are any questions, Please post them here and I will answer ^-^

Prizes:
There will Only be ONE winner. I don't believe in selecting a runner up for a singular species. It simply isn't fair. So, there will only be one winner. That winner will be a co owner of the species, if they so choose, an artist, if they so choose, and may have 6 of their pick from their own wishlist , selected from pets of my own . This may change later, so please keep an eye out for updates.

However, if i find i like more than one lineart, I may select them for separate species, and give prizes fo rhtem. It really all just depends on you guys ! :D or I may buy separate linearts. I dunno yet. Its all up in the air right now. heh

If you have read this entire thread, please place a purple X on the top left hand corner of your entry. Any entries without this X will be ignored.

Good luck to all, and Enjoy!-S.apph
Last edited by sapphirespirit on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lineart Search

Postby sapphirespirit » Mon May 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Bump ! Let The Posting begin! :D
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Tue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Bump
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crxwz » Wed May 22, 2013 11:02 am

entering
Crxwz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks I am looking forward to seeing your entry
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups