Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Adopt A Space Runner! We now have a nursery! ♥ by BuddyMaltese

Based on Click to view
Artist BuddyMaltese [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Adopt A Space Runner! We now have a nursery! ♥

Postby BuddyMaltese » Tue May 07, 2013 1:53 pm

>>> Nursery! <<<

Have you ever looked up into the night sky, and saw a bright light shooting across the mask of stars?
Have you ever wondered if it was something more than just a meteor or a shooting star?
Well, those are an ancient species I have recently discovered and named Space Runners. This is classified information that the government can't know about, and it's a privilege to own one of these creatures. Not many people have what it takes to own a Space Runner, are you a chosen one?

Table of Contents

The amazing lines you see were drawn by the talented The Stolen Fayth. I pitched my idea to her and gave her a sketch, and she brought them to life.
Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates/News

Updates/News

11/27/2016: Species Revival

5/11/2013: Adoption Rules updated

5/10/2013: Artist Rules added

5/9/2013: Moderator applications are up!

Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Read this WHOLE post before applying, please.
Artists or people applying to become artists, please read the Artist rules.

Staff
        Overall owners of the thread
        .:BuddyMaltese:.
        Lady Yunalesca

- *We take on all the other jobs. Artist, mod, etc.

-*Lady Yunalesca seems to be inactive so please contact me, BuddyMaltese, if you have any questions!

Artists
        N/A
        *If you were an artist here before the species died down and would like to become one again, PM me! I left the old artists as users who could color in the species

Mods
        N/A

Customs for staff

Currently, each staff member is allowed one custom. They're allowed to make the custom themselves.

Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:45 am, edited 23 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About the Species

Postby BuddyMaltese » Tue May 07, 2013 1:54 pm

About the Species

Amongst all the stars in space, some are very special. Within these special stars contains an egg, an egg that will hatch to reveal a baby space runner! His or her design will represent the area around the star, or the star's life. Space runners can also be the offspring of two parents. In this case, the baby's design will be a combination of the mother and father's design.
      Each baby is given a necklace. This necklace contain a plain white jewel. Once placed on the space runner, this jewel will turn a color that represents the task that the baby will take on. So far the known color and their representations are:

Red - Fueling the stars
        Blue- Keeping planets in orbit to assigned galaxy
        Peach- Teacher to the young Space Runners
        Yellow- Keeps the stars in place. [Suggested by Scarlet Glaceon]
        White- Locates Supernovas and White Orbs
        Dark Purple- Checks on Black holes
        Orange- Keeps track of galaxies
        Puce- Gathers the eggs from stars that contain baby Space Runners

The necklaces give the space runners special abilities. They allow them to run smoothly through space, give other creatures the ability to be with them without having to wear a space suit, and to give them a sense of navigation.
      The necklaces do not help them with their tasks, though. They only represent what the runner's occupation will be. The occupation is based on what the particular runner's interests are, so no unwanted job is imposed upon them.

The feed on the energy from supernovas, or from love and affection. Without either of these your Space Runner will become very weak. They cannot eat food because their muzzles are metal plates that don't open. They metal helps them navigate easier and serves as a form of protection.

They communicate through thoughts. It's as if space runners literally think aloud, and you can hear them. They have different pitched voices just as humans.

Now, just because their jobs are vital doesn't mean that they don't have time to snuggle! Space runners love to snuggle and have fun with their owners/family. Once you build a strong bond with your runner, he or she will be able to sense you if you're in trouble. They'll defend and protect you, and they'll always be sure to love you back.
      Each secondary interest depends on your space runner. Some like to play ball, some like to play hide-n-seek, and some just like to be lazy and lounge around (when they have free time).

Additional information:
        They're about the size of a German Shepherd, though they like to think of themselves as lap-pets.
        When they're born, they're the size of an egg.
        They can sense different energy fields and vibration patterns and are able to identify objects/creatures because of this
        They live on their own little unnamed planet. Their homes are Sphere-shaped space pods that are just big enough for a little space runner and maybe a guest to curl up and sleep in.
        There are 5 baby Space Runners that are born from the eggs in some stars annually.

The Ranking System Base on Gem Colors.
        ~| Puce, White {They are considered the highest among the species because they bring in new Space Runners and keep them from going extinct}
        ~| Red, Yellow {They keep any stars that may contain babies in order which prevents the hassel of running around all over the place looking for them}
        ~| Orange, Dark Purple, Blue {They keep the galaxies in check which helps to organize the universe}
        ~| Peach {Although the lowest class, they're still important. They teach young space runners how to keep such a massive universe in order}

Their civilization

Space Runners live in sphere-shaped pods in their own little neighborhoods. The pods opens at the top and a bridge comes down allowing them to walk right in, much like how you might imagine a UFO functions. The pod is filled with soft blankets and pillows, for they only need it to sleep in. If there's a family, each member has their own room and they are connected by tubes. There's a larger room in the center where the family can meet up. Their neighborhoods are much like ours, there are different paths that are similar to sidewalks or streets. There is also a building in the center of each neighborhood that has some emergency supernova energy just in case something extreme happens. These are typically run by white gems that are off-duty.
        Their planet is a very very pale purple planet that can only be found by them. It's always dark there, so the stars are always out. It's very large because it needs to be home to enough Space Runners to control the entire galaxy! Because of the massive size, they can use their necklace to teleport from one place to another. However, this function can only be used once every three Earth hours because it takes up a lot of the necklace's energy, and it would need to recharge.

Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Wed May 08, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby BuddyMaltese » Tue May 07, 2013 1:54 pm

General Rules

{• Please keep these on the site.
      {• Always give credit when due.
      {• Do not enter in competitions or use for profit.
      {• If you believe something is wrong or unfair, please PM me about it.
      {• If you want to trade, gift, up put your SR up for readoption, please contact me.
      {• Please consult me before editing SR pictures

Adoption Rules

{• Please don't spam adoption threads. They are for only the forms.
      {• Don't take someone else's SR.
      {• Don't ask about customs. We might offer someone a custom or hold a special event.
      {• Currently there is no adoption limit

Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:27 am, edited 10 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How to Adopt

Postby BuddyMaltese » Tue May 07, 2013 1:55 pm

How to Adopt

Simply fill out the form for the SR you are interested in! It will be on their thread page.

Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archive

Archive

1. Unnamed
Owned by: twø happy bøys

2. Kaviets
Owned by: Odin Arrow

3. Sorbet
Owned by: ToxicLama

4. Andromeda
Owned by: Oolong

5. Caeli
Owned by: Liselle T'Loak

6. Coral
Owned by: Tsunami.

7. Breez
Owned by: Pumpkin Cupcake

8. Ergo
Owned by: trashguts

9. Andromeda
Owned by: Username

10. Ardor
Owned by: Bolt1784

11. Orbit
Owned by: Animals.Rock

12. Ebullio
Owned by: Somnus

13. Marth
Owned by: Manakete

14. Sanskrit
Owned by: Solarizing

15. Castor
Owned by: TheTravelingWriter

16. Galaxy
Owned by: **Snowwhisper**

17. Mars
Owned by: Oolong

18. Phoenix
Owned by: BuddyMaltese

18. (Oops) Nebula
Owned by: wonderwolf1

19. Repulse
Owned by: Aperture

20. Jackellyn
Owned by: Chrissy

21. Black Seed
Owned by: ajohanna

22. Clay
Owned by: Novi

23. Star Burst
Owned by: Pangolin

24. Boudy
Owned by: Starless Eyes

25. Ouro
Owned by: Never Stop;

26. Novek
Owned by: SpartanAmethyst

27. Galaxy
Owned by: BuddyMaltese

28. Vigil
Owned by: Commander Shepard

29. Korbera
Owned by: Thunder.

30. Comet
Owned by: wonderwolf1

31. Blizzard
Owned by: •Dolphin~Kitten•

32. Tsukiko
Owned by: Kyreia
Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Schedule

Artist Schedule

N/A

Last edited by BuddyMaltese on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby BuddyMaltese » Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Reserved

x
x

| Graphic Design Student | Adult | Vegan |
| Certified oatmeal connoisseur |
Listening to: [x]
---
Hello! I've been taking a break from CS.
If you'd like to contact me, though, feel
free to PM me as I check in
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt A Space Runner! {Open! Woop!}

Postby BuddyMaltese » Wed May 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Now open!
x
x

| Graphic Design Student | Adult | Vegan |
| Certified oatmeal connoisseur |
Listening to: [x]
---
Hello! I've been taking a break from CS.
If you'd like to contact me, though, feel
free to PM me as I check in
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me