Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

the stump and the tree by the batter

Artist the batter [gallery]
Time spent 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

the stump and the tree

Postby the batter » Mon May 06, 2013 4:50 pm

( Just a little story of friendship I wrote. )

The stump was always jealous of the the tree. His large branches were always full of leaves, his trunk thick and strong, and his protective sway in the breeze. Oh how the stump wanted to be like him again, to sway in the breeze and to have leaves. To let the flowers grow upon her when winter passes and the spring arrives. "Oh, great and powerful tree. How to you stay standing tall?" Asked the stump. The tree was not hesitant to answer. "Stump, you were once great, like me. With large branches and a thick trunk. Your remainder is still thick, do you not know?" The stump did realize this after a moment. "It is!" She cried. "But, I do not have any leaves, or flowers when the winter fades and the spring returns!" The tree chuckled. "Oh yes you do, Noble Stump! You have a small branch, it has a leaf that blossoms in the spring when winter fades." The stump was surprised, as she didn't know that she did not have that leaf. "I do? I really do!" Stump felt pride in herself. her friend the tree had told her what she had, He was her friend, and she was glad for that. "Thank you tree." The stump said. "For what?" The tree said. "For telling me what i needed to hear, for being my friend." The stump was no longer jealous of the tree, for she was just as proud as him.

Your friend should and will be there for you. Always. Don't let simple things get in the way of that.

( okay i don't really like this, or the story. but okay. there ya go. in the story, I kinda slid off topic ^^; )

cake.
warrior cats obsessed

my art shop ~ my flight rising ~ my deviantart ~ my toyhou.se
active on FR | he/them | artist and writer | local orange juice
the batter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me