Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Arothuniir Adopts (Ah-roh-thoo-near) ~OPEN!~ by Artwork-Is-Key

Based on Click to view
Artist Artwork-Is-Key [gallery]
Time spent 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Arothuniir Adopts (Ah-roh-thoo-near) ~OPEN!~

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Above is our new banner, with our most beloved mascot, Yuki-Hoshi. <333

An Arothuniir is a creature that has the many characteristics of everyday animals like horses, dogs, birds, rhinos, and lizards. These are herd animals that hunt and fight together, and whenever one of their kind goes astray the whole herd finds them. These creatures are omnivores, hunting small animals like rodents and lizards, feeding on vegetation, and even in for the grubs. The two long claws on an Arothuniir's hoof is used for digging up anything they can, grubs and plant life alike. Using their long tongues, the Arothuniir in Africa use it to lick up termites. They also use their claws for defense against carnivorous creatures that hunt them. The horns on the males are used in mating season to find a mate, but is also use to defend territory, protect their herd and even fight off predators. Aro's horns are tipped with poison strong enough to bring down an elephant, however, it seems the poison is not harmful to their own kind and it is actually a remedy for humans. The Arothuniir are as big as a normal horse, so sometimes you can fine people with one as a pet. However, these are wild beasts and they are very hard to tame. It is possible, but rare, to befriend a whole herd and be accepted by them, but it is very hard and it is not considered taming them. They may trust you then but they won't trust anyone else. The speed of these creatures is much faster than any horse, reaching the speeds of 60 MPH.

Due to their bright feathers humans are known to call these creatures "The Living Lanterns". Most Arothuniirs have the same patterns in their feathers; a darker color for the main part and then a really bright color at all the ends of the feathers. However, they are known to have many other patterns, that one is just the most common.

Well..for anyone wanting to watch me or any of the artists make designs, there will be a link here. :D

Link: https://beta.join.me/499-476-025
9-Didget Number: 499-476-025
Artist Streaming: .Keyo.

Any news in red is something you should read. It will tell some important information.
June 30th, 2013 - Sorry it has taken so long to choose the new artists..but here they are: Puffee, Whitefire Raven, and Rithyrm Dragon. All the others can be guest artists.

May 27th, 2013 - I am giving my artists more time since I don't wanna choose yet..so, you guys have another one or two weeks. ^^

April 20th, 2013 - I have decided that any artists I accept will be given a test. The test last for a whole month starting today, ending May 20th. What will happen is that you all must make as many designs as you want/can(I don't care how many, as long as I get to see at least 4 designs made by you). What I will be doing is, on the 20th of May I will find my favorite designers from all of these. All my least favorite will be lowered to guest artist. However, since I am doing this as a test all artists lowered to guest artist position will be able to stay that way until they want to stop being a guest artist. You will not have a time limit of how long you can be a guest artist like the other ones who get 4 weeks to be a guest artist. But you can still only do one whole sheet a week, no more than that. If you don't want to do this, let me know now and I will remove you from artist position. However, you may still be one of my staff, that is if you want to become a mod then, which is perfectly fine. ^ ^

April 19th, 2013 - We have changed the font for most of the words to look more fancy, plus we have also added a banner with our mascot, Yuki-Hoshi, on both sides of it. <3333

April 18, 2013 - Our Mascot has been designed and the first batch is up! Everyone can go look and post a form for one of the designs. ^ ^

April 18, 2013 - I am opening this now! Everything is ready it seems. If you want to be an artist or a mod just fill out the forms.

Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 18 times in total.

DEVIANTARTARTFIGHTTOYHOUSE
FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

▪ DISCORD: artworkiskey ▪
ImageImageImage

My UMA: Rafficorns!

I am known as Artwork-Is-Key and Keyoto-TheFox (With and without dashes). Most of the time, unless otherwise said, both names mean me. :3
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arothuniir Payments and Forms

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 pm

The payments can range from CS Pets and C$ to DA Points. Either of the three currency works. The payment mostly depends on what the artist who did the design you want is mostly looking for. All artists are required to have at least two out of these three currencies listed when selling the designs so that it is easier to buy. Also remember, the artist is the one who gets to decide how much it is worth, how to get it, ect. If an artist feels like they don't want to sell a design, they are free to adopt it out for free, that is their choice. There are a few different ways of getting a design depending on what the artist has decided.

In an auction many people will send a trade(or if it is a different currency, for instance the DA points or C$ you will let them know how much you will pay, but you MUST send it to them if you win the design. If you do not you will be banned a couple of days from this thread and you will not get that design) to the artist to bid for a certain design, and by the end date the artist will decide the winner on which bid they favor the most.

In a First Come, First Serve the first person to pay the right amount(Or just fill out a form sometimes) will get the design. This is probably the most simplest of ways to get a design.

For a Form Only, the artist will give you a set amount of time to post a form that they have set up for you. There is payment required for the design as well(Of course, this changes if the artist is giving the design for free), but the artist will not be judging on the payment, they will mostly be judging the Form.

If you or my staff have any other to put here, please PM me so I can post it up here. Thank you. ^ ^

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Design Examples(More resent or best please):[/b]
[b]How active are you daily?[/b]
[b]How many will you try to make each day at the most?[/b]
[b]Why you want to become an artist for Arothuniirs:[/b]

[b][i]I _____ vow to follow each and every rule of the Arothuniir Adopts.[/i][/b]

[b]How active are you daily?[/b]
[b]Have you moderated anywhere else before?[/b]
[b]If so, where?[/b]
[b]Why do you want to become a mod for Arothuniir Adopts?[/b]

[b][i]I _____ vow to follow each and every rule of the Arothuniir Adopts.[/i][/b]

Image(Guest artists get to make up to 4 designs, or one whole page, of Arothuniirs a week for 4 weeks);
[b]Design Examples(More resent or best please):[/b]
[b]Why do you want to become a Guest Artist for Arothuniir Adopts?[/b]

Image(For when you make a stamp for the Arothuniir Adopts);
[b]One who made the stamp:[/b]
[b]Stamp:[/b]

[img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=Thank%20you%20to%20those%20who%20make%20stamps%21&name=Ginga.ttf&size=35&style_color=7700FF[/img]

Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

I am known as Artwork-Is-Key and Keyoto-TheFox (With and without dashes). Most of the time, unless otherwise said, both names mean me. :3
Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arothuniir's Staff + Rules

.Keyo.
Lufsta.
Gherit
zaadifyable
Whitefire Raven
dragongoddest
Rithyrm Dragon
Pongo.
Puffee
cherrycoke47

.Keyo.
Kaishine
ZombiiCandy
Puffee

.Keyo.
-----
Lyncher
Guest Artists Go Here. If you are not Accepted as an Artist, or you want to become a Guest Artist(Or if I lower your artist rank for some reason), you will go here. Everyone who is guest artist has this position for 1 whole month. If you want to fill out another form after your time ends, you will have to wait 1 week. Some people here, can be raised to full Artist if I like their designs a lot.
Special Guest artist positions are like guest artists but a bit different. You can be lowered from Artist to this position or automatically be put here. Here is where you can be a guest artist as long as you want but you can still only do one batch a week. You can not fill out a form to go here, but you can be moved here by me for any reason I see fit. ^ ^
horselover0725

~ All CS's - Tess's - rules apply.

~ No complaining if you did not get the Aro you wanted. If you have a complaint about something other than not getting an Aro you wanted, please PM me or one of my Mods.

~ Do not beg for anything, free or not.

~ Don't take what isn't yours.

~ No stealing any of these designs!

~ Don't give any of my staff a hard time, they are all working their best.

~ Do not ask anyone to hurry up on things, everyone of my staff and even you have a life. Patients is a virtue.

~ Do not spam my thread, you can bump it up, but do not just randomly post something that does not mean a thing here or that does not relate to the Aro Adopts, if you want to say "Hi" take it to PM.

~ Pay the artist and/or me the full price! Do not partially pay or not pay at all, if you are to do that, you are to leave.

~ Be respectful to all my staff and to everyone else here. Do not start fights here either, again, if you have a complaint PM me or one of my mods.

~ Do not sell the designs at any time after you bought/adopted it. If you no longer want it, please contact me or one of my staff.

~ Right now, you are not allowed to edit the main design after you adopt it, you may however add items to the character. But no design changing please!

~ If you have any questions you can PM either of my mods or myself, you can also post to this thread, but I do not know for sure if we will read it(Since I can get confused if I get a lot of posts).

~ After you adopt one you are not to change its species or add anything to its body(i.e extra tails, ears, ect). And definitely no wings!

~ Please keep these on CS, if you have any reason to take them off CS, you must tell me in a PM and I will tell you if I will allow it.

~ You can only own up to 4 at the moment I may raise this later.

~ If you do not own it you cannot use the image in any way shape or form without the owners and my consent.

~ The Customs and Breedings are closed right now, so please, do not ask for one.

~ You can only adopt one design per batch. If given permission by the artist the most you can adopt is two, but that is only if permission is clearly given in the post to everyone.

~ When you buy a design, you are not allowed to change its gender. And so you know, the top ones are males and the bottom ones are females. ^^

Rules will be added if necessary. All rules here apply to everyone, even my staff.

~ No line edits please. However, sometimes Aros are born without claws or even horns(No more than hat though).

~ All staff are allowed up to 8 Aros, 4 custom designs and 4 premades. You may either make yourself a design, or have another artist make you a design. But please do not color in your characters in these lines.

~ You are free to add items to the design before or after it is adopted but please don't go overboard.

~ The Aro's Mane(Or feathers) are normally a brighter color than the rest of the body.

~ The Aros always have natural colors/patterns. Please only go to bright colors or unnatural colors if it is a tattoo. Yes, many Aros own a tattoo, but it is just as common to find them without one.

~ Aro's pelts always have the patterns/colors of living canines, equines, aviaries(birds), and common lizards. It is uncommon to find them with any other type of design, though it is not rare.

~ The Shiney Sparks are the color of the Aro's eyes, but of a lighter shade. For Aros with two colored eyes, the Sparks are normally a color in between the two eye colors.

~ Aro's tongues are almost always a natural color, sometimes spotted and you can even find them purple(There is a type of frog with a purple tongue).

~ The Aro's horns and claws are tipped with poison they are almost always a bright color(But never eye blinding).

~ Please don't remove the Sparks, every Aro has them, and don't change them either. ^ ^

~ Please always let me know when you change your Avatar so I can update it up top.

~ You are free to add shading to these if you would like, though it is not needed. ^ ^

~ Do not ask for more than a rare-very rare CS Pet(Not on the advent list), 20 C$, or 20 DA Points unless you are doing an auction or the person buying would like to pay more than what you are asking for. But, if the design you made is very complicated, don't be afraid to ask me how much you may ask for. (This does not count for bids)

~ There are 4 lines, so 4 designs can fit on one sheet. But if you want, you can do two. :)

~ Always keep the designs natural,and please, say what each design is based off of, or at least the closest thing it is based off of. The designs do not need to be exact like the real thing, but close.

Rules will be added if necessary.

Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:04 am, edited 33 times in total.

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Available Arothuniir

Any Arothuniir who are ready to be adopted will go here.

Batch #3
Made by: Pongo.
Batch #4
Made by: Gherit
Batch #5
Made by: zaadifyable
Batch #6
Made by: Kaishine
Batch #7
Made by: cherrycoke47
Batch #8
Made by: Whitefire Raven
Batch #9
Made by: Rithyrm Dragon
Batch #10
Made by: Puffee
Batch #11
Batch #12
This one is a WIP.
Batch #13
Made by: Gherit
Batch #14
Made by: Rithyrm Dragon

Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:12 am, edited 9 times in total.

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arothuniir Customs + Breedings

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Customs and Breedings are currently closed. There will be information and other things here when they are available.

Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arothuniir Contests + Specials

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:16 pm

There are no Contests or Specials to be found.

Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arothuniir Archive

Postby Lyncher » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:17 pm

This is where every single Arothuniir will be listed, as well as who owns them. Please, please, please PM me if you have any changes that need to be made. I can not stress this enough. You need to PM me if you need something changed, added, removed or fixed. I can not keep this accurate if you fail to do so.

Yūgana - Graceful
First Batch - Third Design

Chi ni ueru koto - Bloodlust
Fourteenth Batch - First Design

Last edited by Lyncher on Tue May 07, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Lyncher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arothuniir Stamps + Affiliates

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Stamps~

Any stamps made for the Arothuniir Adopts will go here. Anyone can use them to put into their signature. If you have made or are planning on making a stamp for us, there is a form in the Payments + Forms post where you can post the stamp. The first 5 stamps made(Not counting myself) will get a little something in return besides just a large thank you. <33

Stamp by me, .Keyo. <3
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1760328&start=10][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/108/6/0/arothuniirstamp_by_keyoto_thefox-d624n1f.png[/img][/url]

Afilliates~

Anyone who has an adoptable thread and wants to have their stamp here, just take on of ours and let me know about your thread! I in return will take one of your stamps to put here! <3

Emyrich Adopts by Ifsn
Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved Post

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Reserved
Last edited by Artwork-Is-Key on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved Post

Postby Artwork-Is-Key » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Reserved

FURVILLAAYWASDAPPERVOLK

ImageImageImage

Artwork-Is-Key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me