Retarded Redline by .yuanfen

Based on Click to view
Artist .yuanfen [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Retarded Redline

Postby .yuanfen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Retarded because, in the redline, I made the neck too long. It looks wonky, but the head is...alright. Except for the eye, which I drew too large. I'm sorry, this isn't the best redline...you can see how retarded the wolf I drew looks. { is obviously in dire need of a free transform tool which does not exist on Oekaki }

Well, anyhow, enough about my art. Let's talk about yours c:
What you might want to try is drawing a circle for the head, then a sort of square-ish shape for the muzzle. Follow that outline, but make the head a little bit more flat. I'd like to compliment you on making the ears rounded, it's much better than I could do a few months ago. You may want to round them out a bit more, but what you have now is good as well, if you would like to keep it that way.
For the head, there should be some more definition on the 'forehead' area, it's less of a gentle slope, but not a ski jump either. Just keep trying until you get the shape right, it can take some time and definitely a lot of patience, but the more you draw, the more you will improve! Wolves also have a little overlap of fur on their shoulders- I'm not quite sure what the proper name is, but it will be good to draw it. A simple change you may also want to take is to add more fur, since wolves are obviously very furry animals, and we want to show that.

Remember, keep drawing, and you will improve a lot! I see a lot of promise in your art, and I hope this will help somewhat, I know it's not a very good tutorial. I myself am not a good artist, and I have a lot to improve, but these are a few tricks I've picked up from various tutorials and instructions from better artists. Good luck in your artistic endeavors.
yuanfen
chinese
缘分

a relationship by fate or destiny
{ art shop || deviantArt }
{ myanimelist || tumblr }
.yuanfen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes