Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tree Runners Adopts by Pure Dragon

Based on Click to view
Artist Pure Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
37 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tree Runners Adopts

Postby Pure Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Welcome to Tree Runners Adopts!

FanForum

New! Suggest a TR Design!

What is a Tree Runner?

Tree Runners are mammals about the size of a large horse that spend much of their lives in trees. Claws and spikes, wide paws and strong legs help them to bound effortlessly up trees and their long tail and flexible bodies give them balance. They have thick, soft fur that keeps them warm in flight. Domesticated Tree Runners can be saddle trained, though one should never attempt to ride a climbing or flying Tree Runner unless it has had the proper strength training - it can be dangerous for both of you!

About Tree Runners

~~ Tree Runners will give birth above ground. A few days before the young are bore, the female will search for a suitable place in the trees to give birth and the male will find a large bird's nest (eagle nests are ideal) and show his dominance over the birds owning the nest. When the young are born, they are carried to the nest. The young will keep the birds' eggs warm and deter predators, so the Tree Runners and large bird species have a symbiotic relationship.
~~ Tree Runner babies stay in the nest for a week. After that, the parents will help them down the tree, much like owls do with their young. The young are always watched over by their parents when they are out of the nest. After one year, the Tree Runner family will leave the nest and become nomadic, with no set territory. When the Tree Runner babies are 3 years old, they will no longer be dependant on their parents, at which point the parents will mate again.
~~ Tree Runners often form loose packs of 3 - 7 members consisting of their friends and/or family, where the couple who have successfully raised the most young are generally dominant. The pack will stay in the same general area and will help each other hunt and fight if need be. However, it isn't uncommon to see a Tree Runner living on its own or refrain from communicating with its pack for a week at a time.
~~ Wild tree runners have naturally colored coats (especially browns and greens) and natural markings. They may also have horns or additional spikes on their tails.
~~ Domesticated Tree Runners may have unnaturally colored coats and unnatural markings. Their owner may feed them or help them hunt, usually with bow and arrow or spear (guns startle the Tree Runners and surrounding prey) so the camoflauge is not longer nessasary. Domesticated Tree Runners never have horns either, since they are no longer needed to fight enemy Tree Runners or compete for mates.
~~ All Tree Runners can have up to four coat colors and up to two other colors for eyes/pawpads/claws/etc.

Rules

~~ Respect the staff and other users.
~~ Do not bribe/guilt trip/whine when trying out for a Tree Runner (or upon losing one).
~~ Do not steal any designs or the species.
~~ PM me if you no longer want your Tree Runner(s) so it can be put up for readoption.
~~ You may own up to three Tree Runners.
~~ Don't spam the topic.
~~ You may not revamp your Tree Runner. However, you may PM the artist about a *small* revamp if you have owned and been active for your Tree Runner for at least two months.
~~ Do NOT ask to become part of the staff. I will hold competitions and/or PM users if I am looking for staff members.
~~ Customs are only available to staff members. You may not obtain a custom any other way.

How do I Adopt a Tree Runner?

Click on the Tree Runner you'd like to adopt and follow the artist's instructions, it's as simple as that. c:

Staff

Artists
  • Pure Dragon (Pure)
  • Bronwyn
  • Kitteh
  • SolarDaemon (Sola)

Mods
  • Pure Dragon (Pure)
  • Glow

Guest Artists
  • Graysen (awaiting confirmation)
  • Glow (awaiting confirmation)

Affiliates

Last edited by Pure Dragon on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:02 am, edited 8 times in total.
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tree Runners Adopts

Postby .Eclipse. » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Cute c: You will be seeing me around~
.Eclipse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks! ^^
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boxcarr » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Marking. ewe <3
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
[ she/they | adult | tall cryptid ]

[ dA | zookeeper | canadian ]
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
boxcarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:49 pm

You are quite the stalker, aren't you? Got your eyes on it like a hawk! xD
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boxcarr » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Yes. I take my job very seriously. u.u

I see that the first adopt is up. owo So exciting!
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
[ she/they | adult | tall cryptid ]

[ dA | zookeeper | canadian ]
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
boxcarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrayStar51 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Love these! Keeping my eyes peeled for the next adoptable! A Blue, Black, Gray & White one would be interesting. Or a Green, Back & Gray. Those are tow color schemes. Love the lines!
GrayStar51

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:48 am

Oh my gosh. x'D Bronwyn, I swear that eagle is, like, bobbing his head to my music. As if it weren't funny enough already. x3

Thanks for the suggestios, Gray! c:
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 am

There is now a FanForum! The link is right below "Welcome to Tree Runners Adopts!" Please let me know if you have any troubles registering, I'm new to this forum making thing. ^^;
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 am

Bump. :3
Pure Dragon