Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tree Runners Artist Competition [Winners Posted!] by Pure Dragon

Based on Click to view
Artist Pure Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tree Runners Artist Competition [Winners Posted!]

Postby Pure Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 am

Closed for judging, thank you all for entering and good luck!

What is a Tree Runner?
Tree Runners are mammals about the size of a large horse that spend much of their lives in trees. Claws and spikes, wide paws and strong legs help them to bound effortlessly up trees and their long tail and flexible bodies give them balance. They have thick, soft fur that keeps them warm in flight. Domesticated Tree Runners can be saddle trained, though one should never attempt to ride a climbing or flying Tree Runner unless it has had the proper strength training - it can be dangerous for both of you!

Welcome to the Tree Runners artist competition! I am looking for three artists to design Tree Runners with me when the official thread is created, and what better way to find artists then through a contest? You all have until Monday, April 1st to get your entries done.

- Rules -
1. All CS rules apply.
2. Do not copy designs from other entries or existing characters of other species.
3. No guilt tripping or whining.
4. Follow the design rules.
5. You may make up to three enties.
6. No five-minute entries. Please don't waste your time if you're not going to put effort into it.

- Design Rules -
Domesticated Tree Runners wrote:1. May have unnatural colors and markings.
2. Do not have horns.
3. Have up to 4 colors, plus up to 2 colors for eyes/claws/spikes/etc.

Wild Tree Runners wrote:1. Have natural markings and patterns, particularly greens and browns.
2. May have horns and/or extra tail spikes (edit lines if you'd like to add these).
3. Have up to 4 colors, plus up to 2 colors for eyes/claws/spikes/etc.

- Prizes! -

Note to all contestants wrote:You guys made judging this contest really hard. I wanted to give up and have a three- or four- or five-way tie for first. xD But alas, it couldn't be done. However, if there are designs I like but did not place, I'll have some Runner-Up rewards for those designs and/or their artists.

1st Place
1. You may keep one of your designs or make a custom (when official page is set up). This does not count towards your limit.
2. You may choose to put some or all of your designs up for adoption or gift them to friends.
3. You become an artist for Tree Runners.
4. Any 10 pets from my trade group.

1st Place Winner wrote:Congratulations to Bronwyn! I loved all your designs, especially the two wild TRs, and you made some great lineart edits. Please let me know which design you'd like to keep or whether you plan to make a custom instead (if you choose to keep one as your custom, you may edit the design as you wish). Also, let me know the fate of the other two (or three, if you decide not to keep any of them). Also, please send your trade for the 10 pets from my trade group. ^^

2nd Place
1. You may keep one of your designs or make a custom (when official page is set up). This does not count towards your limit.
2. You may choose to put some or all of your designs up for adoption.
3. You become an artist for Tree Runners.
4. Any 5 pets from my trade group.

Second Place Winner wrote:Kitteh, I swear your designs are just too awesome. And the horns on your second entry are just pure luff. Tell me which you plan to keep or if you will be making a custom. ^^ If you decide to keep one of your entries as your custom, you may edit it to your liking. Also, because it was a close tie for first, you may gift your entries to friends as well, if you'd like. I'll PM you when you can send the trade for your pets prize.

3rd Place
2. I may choose to put some or all of your designs up for adoption (with your permission).
2. You become an artist for Tree Runners.
4. Any 3 pets from my trade group.

Third Place Winner wrote:Last but certainly not least, Sola! Your designs are really unique and creative, and the markings on your second entry just blew me away. Please let me know about your custom, whether you will keep one of your entries or design on later on. As with the others, you may edit one of the entries if you choose to keep it as your custom. And, I'm also letting you gift your designs (or otherwise, please let me know their fates) because there were really such small gaps between the places and I would have tied all three of you for first if that would have been fair. x3 I'll PM you when you can send the trade for the pets prize. ^^

~ Runners Up ~
(In no particular order. ^^)

Glow - Your designs are unique as well and I particularly liked your first one. You may keep one of your designs as a custom, and I'll PM you about the others. You may be a guest artist for 2 weeks, creating up to three designs, if you would like. c:

Graysen - Your designs are chaotic and... contained? (flais around for better word x3) at the same time. That's a compliment, is case my poor word choice made it sound otherwise. xD You may keep one of your designs as a custom, and I'll PM you about the other. You may be a guest artist for 2 weeks, creating up to three designs, if you would like. ^^

.::Tiger::., Anime100, & Faded Demin - These designs (Tiger, Anime, & Denim) may be keep as part of your 3-TR-limit (meaning you can only adopt two more) or be put up for adoption if you'd like. ^^ I liked these three, but I've got enough artists to last a while by now. x3

Thank you everyone for entering! For those of you who didn't win, I wish you best of luck in future contests. c: For those of you who did, just PM me if you have any questions. Those who have earned an artist position (either full staff or guest artist) will be added to the adopts lines and can start designing right away. When everyone's let me know about their winning entries, I or the original artist of each can copy the ones going UFA onto the adoption center lines. ^^
Last edited by Pure Dragon on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tree Runners Artist Competition

Postby TigerFox25 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:12 am

Entering :3
quote of the month:
TigerFox25 wrote:Different colors make up the rainbow in paradise

Meaning wrote:Don't hate on people who are more different then you... you need different people to make the world

<azureglance is my sister, I just recently got her on Cs & and her computer broke the day before... im letting her use mine for the time being... I may be quitting soon, giving most of my pets to her after she begged me for them... the rest will be given under the CS Free adoptions Tab, and/or to my friends.>
TigerFox25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:37 am

Thanks, can't wait to see your entry. :3
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chouhesi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:45 am

I have to try it because I really love the lines <3
Chouhesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby It'stoocoldoutside<3 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 am

marking :)
It'stoocoldoutside<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 am

Haha, thank you! x3
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chouhesi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:39 am

How long do we have time?
It seems like oeaki doesn't like me at the moment...
*pokes unsaved desing*
Why don't you want to be saved? T__T
Chouhesi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:50 am

I completely forgot about the end date. xD It'll end Monday, April 1st.

And if you're having troubles saving, have you just let it sit for a couple minutes? After mine say they're done saving I still have to sit around for three minutes before the post actually comes up. :p
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewey » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:50 am

entering! c:
    fantastic lines, Pure! <3