Artist Coalchaser [gallery]
Time spent 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by boxcarr

Mountain #8 - WINNER

Postby Coalchaser » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:23 am

Remake of this, the first Cubus I ever put up for adoption. Charm is a twig.

If you're interested in adopting, just fill out the form below. This will close on March 20th.
Please refer here for general information on the species.

Code: Select all
Name:
Story: (should be at least a paragraph, can be about anything you want)

EDIT:
Bronwyn wrote:
    Name: Rocky - [Real name: Roscoe. But don't call him that. He doesn't like his name. He thinks it's too... formal.]
    Gender: Male. On the other lines, I saw this one as more of a girl, but for some reason, I see this one as more of a male character on these lines. Hope that's okay with you, Coal!
    Personality: Rocky is very charismatic, and loves any form of attention. This sometimes means that if he can't get positive attention, he'll go searching for negative. He gets himself into trouble sometimes, though not as often as you'd think. He's extremely good at not getting caught. Or if he is caught, then he can smooth-talk his way out of nearly anything.
    Story: Paws thrummed on the ground, accompanied by frantic breathing as their lungs tried to keep up with the running pace. It had fallen dark, late in the night, allowing only silhouettes to be seen against the dark blue-black of the sky, highlighted by pinpricks of light. The trio of creatures finally came to a standstill on top of a small hill. All was quiet except for the heavy breathing until a nervous laugh broke the near silence.

"Rocky... Rocky, that was insane!"

Rocky threw his head back with a wild laugh; his system pumping with adrenaline. "It was worth it though, wasn't it," he said as he attempted to lick the remnants of stains off of his muzzle.

The three of them had been searching for some decent food in a field, when Rocky had caught scent of some human food. They had followed it to a lonely human den. There was only one human in it, and it looked old and frail. Not too dangerous. Rocky had spotted the prize - a pie - on a ledge outside a pane glass [it was rumored to be called a 'widow' but none of them had any clue what a type of spider had to do with stuff in human dens...], and he slipped inside using the flap in the front of the den - something his friend had just jokingly dared him to do. He willingly complied, knowing this would be an awesome attention-grabbing story to tell later.

The old human had screamed and yelled at him, even attempting to hit him with a broom [how dare she!] before he managed to leap up to the ledge and pushed to pie off. It landed with a soft splat on one of his companion's heads; the shrill noises of the upset old human still ringing clear in the dusk air. They had dragged the pie off a little ways before stopping to feast. Oh, it was so good...

Rocky had his whole head in the pie, devouring all the sweet, succulent berries inside. He didn't bother with the odd, flaky stuff on the outside and bottom. It tasted a little too much like salt, and blocked the amount of berries he could be having instead. The Cubus couldn't tell which type of berry it was, since there were so many other flavours obscuring the true taste, but whatever it was, it was the best tasting thing he had ever had. He was completely lost in flavour heaven when a loud BANG split the air and rattled his skull. Something whizzed towards them and made the dirt just in front of them explode.

"R-RUN!"

His friend didn't even need to tell him. He was out of there! He was high-tailing it through the trees and across the field, passing the other two and pulling ahead to lead them. They didn't stop until the sun had stained the sky a deep purple, streaked with pink. They were standing only for a few moments before a sound in the woods startled them back into their frantic scramble to escape. Only once they had stopped on the hill in the night did they get the chance to clean themselves up. One of his comrades was convinced that their nearly white fur would never get clean again, and that he'd be sticky forever.

It was probably one of the stupidest stunts Rocky had ever pulled. But... he thought as his tongue swiped around a berry-stained paw, It was so totally worth it!

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mountain #8

Postby Southern sweetie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:52 am

Name

Her name is Liome, but you may call her Lie, Lei, Meme, but she does not accept Tomboy under any circumstances!

She is a female, but she has been known to act so much like a tomboy that she has been mistaken as a boy with her attitude.

Personality

She's trusting,tomboy-ish, loyal and hard working. Despite coming off as a lazy one, she puts initiative in her work. She is humble and caring and it pains her to see others upset. Her attempts to lighten the mood sometimes don't go right. She can be sarcastic sometimes and stubbornness is not absent. She act' sometimes timid; can be pretty oblivious to a situation, but she will sticks up for herself and things she believes are right.

Story Just a random story of her thoughts x3

Her fur whistled into the wind as she looked from a rock into a cliff. Why couldn't it be like this every day? Sigh, if it was like this everyday then were would the fun go, just away? Oh might it be just the perfect day that she is bored and doesn't have a friend to talk to. Pace e by pace she walked to space, from where she sat their would be no bat.

She walked to a wonderful waterfall. The water sparkled beneath her paws. Maybe their would be wolves her also with their thirst? Oh maybe if she wandered around witht he water to spray into her face she would think clearly. There was no male out their to talk to that already didn't have a she-drooling over her.

She sat down on a rock; before taking a sip of the cool water she talked in a polite tone. Oh were, Oh were might my prince frog be? She said taking her massive paw to splash the water from her reflection. Sure she was a bit pretty; though she didn't have beauty of pink, or white, or blue fur; But she thought that her fur was good, right? Hmm, maybe if she rolled into the wud and walked around like a slut she might catch a wolf or two, but what would she do about her ugly eyes? Maybe if she clawed them out and said they were clawed out by a bear she might have a better chance.

So thinking she started to roll into some damp mud or what you would call dirt. Then at the same instance she started to take her paws at the beginning to claw them.
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zwallow » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:15 am

Lovely <3 I'll try to find the time to try out c:
real life hittin hard -- I'll be inactive for the time being
if you're waiting for something for me, feel free to cancel <3
Zwallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinigami. » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:15 am

Name: Ƭαʓʓ
Personality:He is very nice to people who love cleaning earth or love mother nature, control freak, love's the forest, freaks out when someone polute's a forest, has a collection of broken twigs fom different forests of the world, when it come's to being social he is awkward if you are not talking about forest or nature, he gets bullied a lot from other Cubus because he is a loner and spends most of his time's in the forest alone.
Story:
T
he story of Tazz's day
It was a regular morning and Tazz woke up early to go see the beautiful sunrise as he did every morning. Tazz:"What a beautiful morning! Well time to go clean the forest and make sure no one is polluting the world!" he said starting to walk in the forest untill a gang of Cubus where blocking his way and said:"Well well if it isnt Tazz the one who is a mother nature freak! Where are you going? Gone to see your wife a tree!" the leader of the cubus pack said while bullying Tazz. Tazz replied:"Yup going to clean your mess in the forest that you made since your not old enough nor respectful to clean." he said while going around them and heading in the forest. Tazz spent the whole day cleaning the forest and getting angry at how the other Cubus did not help him and thought he was a feak. He went back in camp to see and to talk to the only female Cubus he liked Sara. "Hey Sara how are you? What a wonderful day isnt it? The sun is so wonderful." said Tazz. Sara replied:"Yes yes it is I am going great hey Tazz why dont you come with me and the other girls and we could hunt?" Tazz got shy and red then said:"Ww..well hum.. hmm eh well I wanted to ask you if ... you wanted to come... with me and clean the forest since hunting is not really... how should I say this... bad for the environment unless we eat all of the carcus together. One of Sara's friend came and said "Hey Sara lets go its time to hunt for supper leave Tazz alone he is to busy with earth." she said grabbing Sara and leaving Tazz alone while Sara said goodbye to Tazz. Tazz went back to the forest and cleaned again dreaming of cleaning the forest with Sara and collecting Twigs with her. When he was done he looked for twigs to collect then went to bed early waiting for a better day.

Shinigami.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinny trancy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 am

May we add extra's? c:
So excited! Getting my first Kiamara in a month because of train. and .Blue.'s breeding!!! <333
albinny trancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:15 am

Deadman's Charade wrote:
May we add extra's? c:

Hmm any sort of writing-related extras are fine for this one, just no art!

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boxcarr » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:10 am

Name: Rocky - [Real name: Roscoe. But don't call him that. He doesn't like his name. He thinks it's too... formal.]
    Gender: Male. On the other lines, I saw this one as more of a girl, but for some reason, I see this one as more of a male character on these lines. Hope that's okay with you, Coal!
    Personality: Rocky is very charismatic, and loves any form of attention. This sometimes means that if he can't get positive attention, he'll go searching for negative. He gets himself into trouble sometimes, though not as often as you'd think. He's extremely good at not getting caught. Or if he is caught, then he can smooth-talk his way out of nearly anything.
    Story: Paws thrummed on the ground, accompanied by frantic breathing as their lungs tried to keep up with the running pace. It had fallen dark, late in the night, allowing only silhouettes to be seen against the dark blue-black of the sky, highlighted by pinpricks of light. The trio of creatures finally came to a standstill on top of a small hill. All was quiet except for the heavy breathing until a nervous laugh broke the near silence.

"Rocky... Rocky, that was insane!"

Rocky threw his head back with a wild laugh; his system pumping with adrenaline. "It was worth it though, wasn't it," he said as he attempted to lick the remnants of stains off of his muzzle.

The three of them had been searching for some decent food in a field, when Rocky had caught scent of some human food. They had followed it to a lonely human den. There was only one human in it, and it looked old and frail. Not too dangerous. Rocky had spotted the prize - a pie - on a ledge outside a pane glass [it was rumored to be called a 'widow' but none of them had any clue what a type of spider had to do with stuff in human dens...], and he slipped inside using the flap in the front of the den - something his friend had just jokingly dared him to do. He willingly complied, knowing this would be an awesome attention-grabbing story to tell later.

The old human had screamed and yelled at him, even attempting to hit him with a broom [how dare she!] before he managed to leap up to the ledge and pushed to pie off. It landed with a soft splat on one of his companion's heads; the shrill noises of the upset old human still ringing clear in the dusk air. They had dragged the pie off a little ways before stopping to feast. Oh, it was so good...

Rocky had his whole head in the pie, devouring all the sweet, succulent berries inside. He didn't bother with the odd, flaky stuff on the outside and bottom. It tasted a little too much like salt, and blocked the amount of berries he could be having instead. The Cubus couldn't tell which type of berry it was, since there were so many other flavours obscuring the true taste, but whatever it was, it was the best tasting thing he had ever had. He was completely lost in flavour heaven when a loud BANG split the air and rattled his skull. Something whizzed towards them and made the dirt just in front of them explode.

"R-RUN!"

His friend didn't even need to tell him. He was out of there! He was high-tailing it through the trees and across the field, passing the other two and pulling ahead to lead them. They didn't stop until the sun had stained the sky a deep purple, streaked with pink. They were standing only for a few moments before a sound in the woods startled them back into their frantic scramble to escape. Only once they had stopped on the hill in the night did they get the chance to clean themselves up. One of his comrades was convinced that their nearly white fur would never get clean again, and that he'd be sticky forever.

It was probably one of the stupidest stunts Rocky had ever pulled. But... he thought as his tongue swiped around a berry-stained paw, It was so totally worth it!
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
[ she/they | adult | tall cryptid ]

[ dA | zookeeper | canadian ]
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
boxcarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Name:
Henry

Personality:
Henry is ditzy, clumsy, and often absent-minded. Just because he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, this doesn't mean he doesn't like to romp around and get into things he shouldn't. His favorite activity is water witching [also known as dowsing], and he uses his talisman to do so. When he's not dowsing, he likes to play in the mud and eat carrots, one of his favorite foods.

Story:
Once, in a valley very far away from here, there lived a small Cubus female. She was sweet and kind, and soon expecting a child. As the days went on her belly grew bigger and bigger, and she soon began to realize she needed to eat so her child would bear a talisman as all Cubus do. However, there was another pregnant Cubus in the area who ate nearly everything in the valley before the smaller Cubus had came to this conclusion. When the smaller Cubus went outside to try and find things to eat, all that was left was stones, sticks, and dirt. So, this is what she ate. When the baby was born to the name of Henry, it's talisman was indeed a stick, something which is considered commonplace, but not to Henry and his mother. Whenever Henry's mother saw a stick, she was reminded of her beautiful child, and whenever Henry saw a stick he thought of his mother, and how awful it must have been to swallow a stick.
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluepup429 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:31 am

Name: Havarti
Personality: Clumsy, kind, sweet
One day, Hava (For short) was walking then there was a snail! Who looked like this (show at end of story) it was cute so Hava named it Coal (based of you, Coalchaser) because the snail had a peice of coal and loved it it was given by his mother who died and both are best buddies He was ( snail) was 55 years old. (I hope i win or at least the person gives it a good home)

Snail: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5WSHidsxuoo/S ... -21973.jpg
Bluepup429

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broodingtulip » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Name: Elise
Personality: -Shy-Timid-Loving-Protective
wip

wip <333
broodingtulip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me