Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Make Me a Special Somepony? by booklover789

Based on Click to view
Artist booklover789 [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Make Me a Special Somepony?

Postby booklover789 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:06 pm

I will list the winners below. Underneath the winners will be an blurb of text explaining why I chose them for the place that they received.

Information about the prizes can be found underneath the list of winners.

WINNERS!
1st Place - It's a tie! X) Looks like it's nearhernandez's entry, Royal Lyric, and ~Soul~'s entry, Spearmint! Congrats to both of you guys! :D

nearhernadez, I loved your entry because you drew your own lines, and you drew them very well. :thumbup: The idea to add in that adorable little thought bubble and the paper with the quill was absolutely perfect. X) His color scheme was PERFECT. X) Royal Lyric's cutie mark was BEAUTIFUL, and he is going to compliment Penelope's design and personality perfectly. ;) I will be using your entry (design, personality, etc.) in the future. :)

~Soul~, I loved your entry because you drew your own lines, and you drew them well. :thumbup: The idea to make Spearmint a chocolate-maker, but not make him brown was an absolutely genius move on your part. I loved the fact that his horn was a different color than his body, and that his cutie mark was BEAUTIFUL. His eyes were gorgeous, and his color scheme was very nice. Because I chose Royal Lyrics to be Penelope's special somepony, however, your entry cannot be her special somepony. Instead, I have chosen your entry to be Apolinaria's special somepony, as his design and personality will compliment hers very nicely. ;) I will be using your entry (design, personality, etc.) in the future. :)

I absolutely ADORED both of your designs - thank you SO much for entering this contest!

2nd Place - kcmcomix's entry, Dusty Scribe! Congrats! :D

kcmcomix, I loved your entry because you drew your own lines - they were very nice! :thumbup: I also loved how you chose a perfect match for Akila - he loves Egypt, and his cutie mark is proof of this. Their relationship will be very good, because he's quiet and she's not. :) I love the little touches you added into the picture - the glasses, Egyptian earring, and golden horn. :D His cutie mark is excellent, and I do love it. I love his design as well. :D If nearhernandez and ~Soul~ had not entered this contest, you would have one first place. :) I will be using your entry (design, personality, etc.) in the future. :)

3rd Place - damonsalvatore2129's entry, Symphony/Orchestra! Congrats! :D

damonsalvatore2129, I loved your entry because of Symphony/Orchestra's GREAT cutie mark design, and his overall design as well! :thumbup: I love how you added in the details in his hair and neck - but especially his cutie mark. His simple color scheme will go very nicely with Silent Melody/Quiet Stanza's, so your entry gets to be her special somepony! :) The only reason you did not place higher in this competition was because you did not draw your own lines - but your design was absolutely excellent! X) If the other people had not entered this contest, you would have won first place. ;) I will be using your entry (design, personality, etc.) in the future. :)

Special Mentions - ╬JesusFreak╬'s entry, Maponus, and Ludacris's entry, Smoke Trail! Congrats! ;)

While you both had very good designs and personality profiles, they did not stand up against the other contestants' entries. :( I do apologize about you not winning; but I will still use your designs for some of my other pony characters! Oh, and you both won some pets as well. :)

I would like to thank everyone who entered this contest! :) The results, while very few, were definitely amazing! Thanks to everypony who helped make this possible!

I will send out trades shortly. :) I DO APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE RECEIVING A TRADE FROM ME - FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PLACED HIGH, I TRIED TO INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE WISHLIST PET IN THE TRADE...HOWEVER, I REALLY DON'T HAVE A LOT OF GOOD PETS UP FOR TRADE AT THE MOMENT, SO...YOU GUYS WILL PROBABLY GET COMMONS AND OMG SO COMMONS. :( I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!

As Applejack said....

You can use it for competitions if you want!
Before you use remove the cover but make sure you don't remove my signature or I will report you. And don't claim the lines as your own cause there mine. >:3

Lines don't belong to me, but to the user Applejack.

Rules
1. If you win this contest then I will use your design. - I will give you credit when I use it for the first couple times.

2. No coloring in for fun. - This is a contest, and any drawings colored in here for fun will be reported and deleted.

3. If you want to write a story along with your entry, that's fine with me. - Stories that include why the pony looks the way he does; stories that tell why he was named as he was; and stories that are life-like are my favorites.

4. Name the pony, please! - Please name it something that makes sense with its design or interest(s)!

5. You MUST make the pony a boy.

6. Quality over Quantity. - It's okay if you enter 6 times, but if you enter 6 times with AWFUL pictures, you won't win. If you enter only once with a spectacular drawing, you'll be more likely to win.

7. If I don't like any of the entries, I will cancel this contest. (Chances are this will not happen, but I am required to warn y'all about this possibility.)

8. I will only give prizes to those whose entries I liked.

9. Follow the CS rules.

10. This contest will end on the 30th of May.

11. THE PONY DESIGNS BELOW BELONG TO ME. DO NOT STEAL. YOU LIKE BEING STOLEN FROM? NO? THEN DON'T STEAL FROM ME!
YOU STEAL FROM ME? I REPORT YOU TO THE MODS, AND YOU GET ELIMINATED FROM THIS CONTEST IMMEDIATELY, AND PROBABLY BANNED FROM CS AS WELL. (But that's really an issue for the mods to work out.)

12. STEAL SOMEONE ELSE'S DESIGN? YOU GET ELIMINATED IMMEDIATELY, AND PROBABLY BANNED FROM CS AS WELL. (But the mods will take care of that, I'm sure.)

13. Your design MUST look good with and compliment the pony you're making it to go with. - Let's say you choose Inky as the pony you'll be helping. I don't want your entry to have white or green in it, unless they are different shades or used very slightly. I don't want your entry to be completely immersed in writing, as Inky is. If he IS interested in writing, be specific. Does he like Morse code? Or perhaps he likes writing recopies. I don't care, just make sure that the interests aren't identical.

14. You MUST tell me somewhere in your entry which pony you are creating a special somepony for. - In other words, let's say you make a guy for Inky to go with. Somewhere in your entry, you MUST state that he was made for Inky.

15. YOU ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO ENTER FOR PENELOPE! SHE HAS TOO MANY PONIES TO CHOOSE FROM (TO BE HER SPECIAL SOMEPONY)! X)

There are a couple of my characters that I would just love to have special someponies. The ponies available are Inky Heartswell, Silent Melody/Quiet Stanza, Starlit Wonders, Penelope, Apolinaria, and Akila. The link to their profiles is here.
Last edited by booklover789 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:48 am, edited 27 times in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Make Me a Special Somepony?

Postby booklover789 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Prizes

Prizes will vary depending upon how much I liked your entry. Prizes are subject to change.

First place will win 10 pets from any of my trade groups. You can see my trading groups here.

Second place will win 7 pets from any of the trading groups mentioned above.

Third place will win 4 pets from any of the trading groups mentioned above.

Fourth place will win 1 pet from any of the trading groups mentioned above.

Some entries will not win first, second, third, or fourth place, but may get pets if I like them enough. These entries will be called "Special Mentions" until further notice.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:33 am

You may now begin to enter! Good luck, everypony!

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:59 am

Bump! :)

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:32 am

Bump....?

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zatch Bell » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:29 pm

I will join as penelope's mate :3 i have the perfect idea
Zatch Bell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:38 am

Blue Eyed Wolf wrote:I will join as penelope's mate :3 i have the perfect idea

Excellent! :) Can't wait to see your entry! Just remember to tell me again in that entry that you're doing one for Penelope. ; )

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 am

Bump!

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby • DEFY THE CAPITOL • » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Bump! :)

"The game is
coming to its end."

"Our future starts
tomorrow at dawn."

"Snow has to pay
for what he's done."

"Our lives were
never ours. They
belong to Snow,
and our deaths
do too. But if you
kill him, if you
end all of this,
all those deaths
mean something."

"Tonight, turn your
weapons to the
Capitol! Turn your
weapons to Snow!"
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
• DEFY THE CAPITOL •

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 am

Bump!

ImageImageImageImage

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups