Hopefulheart; Artist Comp. by purride

Based on Click to view
Artist purride [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hopefulheart; Artist Comp.

Postby purride » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:53 am

This was my first time ever using oekaki... I know that there are some mistakes[heck, I could point some out to you!], but while 'coloring this cat cat in,' I have learned a substancial amount about it, and will most likely be posting another entry for this competition... Nonetheless, I appreciate the oppurtunity, and (without further adue) this is this cat's back story:

-------------

Before Hopefulkit had been born, her father was brutally murdered by a patrol of a rival clan. Her mother began worrying about her unborn kits. Would they be safe? How would they grow up without a father? Eventually, the time came for the birthing. One kit was born still born. The remaining two seemed healthy. Despite the loss of the father and a son, the mother was content. Time went on, and Hopefulkit's sister snuck out of camp and was carried off by a hawk. Leaving the mother with only one kit, the mother changed Hopefulkit's name from "Sandkit" to "Hopefulkit." The mother put every ounce of hope she possessed into the kit, never leaving her side. Sadly enough, the day after Hopefulkit became Hopefulpaw, her mother passed away due to greencough. Hopefulpaw clings to her mother's teachings of never giving up hope, and remains loyal and inspirationally filled with hope and well-wishes for all. Hopefulpaw always looks for the brighter side of things, never seeing a dull spot in any situation.
purride

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hopefulheart; Artist Comp.

Postby ft.guccimane » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:54 am

I don't see mistakes. I like it!
ft.guccimane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purride » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:57 am

Thanks a lot! There are a couple spots on the larger cat's back where I accidentally colored outside of the lines... but, that was a simple, careless mistake that I didn't notice until it was far too time-consuming to go back and "undo" all of my work to get rid of it. I'll just need to learn to be more observant of where I'm coloring.. haha.(:
purride

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlazingMoon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:09 am

Thats fine! Even I do that some times.
Any way, the story is short and to the point, which I do like.
And I like how the kits design trasitions to the apprentence- it stays the same (which is something im looking for. BTW, watch out on the white paws, they're on apprentence but not the kit). Its a pretty good entry, and your first time too?
BlazingMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purride » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:41 am

I didn't put the paws on the kit, because of how she is laying.. I see her as not displaying her right paws at all, only her left. That's why I left them out. ... but now that I look at it, the long arm IS the right, so I'll have to edit that in. :3

Yes, it's my first time. It took me so long how to figure out just to use the colors on the cat. xD I should maybe enter again so there is a better clock for the time.. because I didn't spend that long on the actual coloring of it.
purride

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me