Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tohopka Dragons by ty_tay

Based on Click to view
Artist ty_tay [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tohopka Dragons

Postby ty_tay » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:53 am

Two of our mascots Forseti and Ambrosia

. - = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = - .

➳ Species information

A Tohopka Dragon is a medium/short-furred beast dwelling in the deciduous forests in the midwest of the United States. They are quite a mysterious creature, and fun to watch, for they seem to have a child-like behavior even if they've grown to full adult size. They can produce a wide variety of different fur colors, but natural colors such as brown, tan, and gray are the most common. Their sense of smell is their strongest factor {for they have three nostrils on each side of their face}, while their sense of eyesight is their weakest {for they don't need their eyesight because of their smell}. Each are full-wild, but can easily be domesticated by a patient human.

Tohopka Dragons have a rather long life-span. They usually live to be around forty years old and grow quickly. At the age of one, young tohopkas are able to breed and are about the size of a German shepard; however, they do not reach full size until approximately two years of age. The average adult tohopka is about the size of a Great Dane.

Tohopkas often keep their ears laid back. Only on certain occasions do their ears stand straight up, and these times are only when they are alert or spooked unexpectedly.

These dragons are an extremely intellegent species as well. Tests have shown that the average healthy Tohopka Dragon uses about eight percent of their brains, which is an astonishing amount compared to a human's, which is around five percent.

For information on breeding and pups please refer to the breeding post below.

Species Headquarters

. - = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = - .

➳ Rules and Guidelines

Here are the guidelines of this adopt. I'd highly advise you to follow these; I'm sure you wouldn't like a warning, strike, or ban!

Basically,

➳ Do not spam. Spamming will be taken strictly here, for no one wants this thread to be locked forever.
      ➳ Do not steal Tohopka Dragons, or get any ideas from them. We will report your thread if it looks like the Tohopkas, and we will ban you from adopting.
      ➳ Respect the staff of this adopt. Don't ruin your reputation here from a scandalous attempt of bribery; you will be given a strike. We will never accept a bribe of any form.
      ➳ The current adoption limit is six Tohopkas {we reserve the right to change this at any time without warning; if you have six and we lower it to four or something, you're permitted to keep six and not have to return two}. If you've exceeded the adoption limit, good for you; however we expect you not to go off and try to adopt more.
      ➳ Customs will never be available
      ➳ If you no longer wish to own your Tohopka, please PM the respectable artist with your reason and they will arrange a re-adoption.
      ➳ Do not claim other Tohopkas as your own.
      ➳ You may enter for more than one Tohopka at a time, but you can not recieve more than one Tohopka every 24 hrs
      Take care of your Tohopka Dragon!

. - = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = - .

Well, chances are this adopt is going to need a ban system for rule-breakers to be placed. Therefore, in this section you'll find that it displays all of the warnings, strikes, and bans. Avoid having your username in here by reading the rules!

Warnings
        ➳ None yet! Keep it that way, please.
      Strikes
      Bans

➳Staff

Here, you'll see that the staff of this adopt are displayed. Be respectful and courteous around them at all times, please!

ATTN ARTISTS: We ask that you have no more than 4 adoptables running at once. Re-adopts do not count for this.

Owners
        ➳ ty_tay
        ➳ Venus (Used to be Caracal)
      Artists
        ➳ ty_tay
        ➳ Venus
        ➳ cn_spots
      Moderators
        ➳ cn_spots
venus wrote:
    moderator try-outs are now open!

Please fill this form {all fields; answer truthfully} to try to be a moderator for this adopt. c:
    Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Have you modded any other adopts?:[/b] {if so, link}
    [b]Why do you want to mod the tohopkas?:[/b]
    [b]Will you be active with this adopt?:[/b]
    [b]Someone is spamming & asking for a custom. What would you do?:[/b]
    [b]Anything else you might mention?:[/b]

We will be picking who are new moderators are when we feel a reasonable amount of people have tried out. Have a great day! :D

➳ Guest artisits

All guest artist information will be displayed here.
    Guest artist slots open once the two guest artists are chosen have made three Tohopka Dragons (only up to one custom). Unfortunately, you can only be a guest artist once. But a good thing is is that if your designs are favored enough, we may invite you to become an official artist!

Fill all fields of this form to apply. Guest artist slots are closed.
      [b]Username[/b] ➳ -answer-
      [b]Examples of your average designs[/b] ➳ -answer-
      [b]Other[/b] ➳ -answer-

Current Guest Artists

Tohopka Dragons (c) ty_tay & Venus
Lines (c) ty_tay
Layout (c) Venus
Last edited by ty_tay on Mon May 19, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 20 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tohopka Dragons

Postby ty_tay » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 am

Breeding and pups

Tohopka Dragons usually mate for life; however, during some rare occasions tohopkas do find new mates. Females can have litters of 1-6 pups, litters usually average at 2-3. The pups stay with the parents until they reach 6 months of age. At that age the pups gradually get more independent, and by the time they reach a year the pups have minimal contact with their parents. When born the pups are very fluffy. As they grow older they lose most of their fluff.

Here is a picture of a young Tohopka Dragon:
    Young Tohopka's have large ears and long legs as well. Female Tohopka's only breed once every 9 months, and have their pups 2 months after the initial breeding. In the wild most pups are born during the fall as thier fluffy coats are more suited to the colder climates at the time.

Beeding is currently closed

The Sanctuary
    Ever wonder where the unadopted or abandoned tohopkas went? WEll they are placed here. These tohopkas are usually placed in the care of speacial people, either staff members are new people who dont own a tohopka yet. You cant ask for one of these poor tohopkas unless you dont have one or you are asked by the creator of the tohopka or one of the owners(ty_tay & venus) to take care of it. These tohopkas are marked to show that they are special and they will already bear a name which can not be changed.
Last edited by ty_tay on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 am

Archive
    These are all the tohopka dragons and their owners.
    Guide: Tohopkas: Male (M) - Female (F) - Has a mate (X) - Mascot (*) - Has been to the sanctuary (S) | Owners: Species owners - Artists - Mods - Close to limit - At/over limit - Under limit - Has been/is a guest artist (ga)

ty_tay
Ambrosia(F)(X)(*)
Detrick(M)

cn_spots
Pualani(F)(*)

Sleuth
Copper(M)

.sarcastic.cow.
Adestria(M)

Blondie.
Neopolitan(F)

Alerie Targaryen
Gökotta(F)

Tori (:
Kova(M)

Sparrow
Fiero

O S H U N
Karharrarken(F)
Venus
Forseti(M)(X)(*)

Traffic
Kuen(F)

New Nimrod97
Taluska(F)
Pucket(M)

Ayramite
Wisteria(F)

[[-KillerChicken-]]
Yeurus(M)

Rørschach
Orbweaver(M)

hamstersrule9912399
???(M)

+Bear+
Salanict(M)

Adoptable:

Sanctuary(See above for information)
Freyin(M)(S) by ty_tay
Elsyif(M)(S) by ty_tay
Last edited by ty_tay on Mon May 19, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 36 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:55 am

Affiliates
    Here we will post links to other species. The species may be owned by some of our friends or by ourselves.

The Leijera's: Owned by ty_tay

Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch

Foal Characters

(ATTN: if you want your species here please contact me or Venus. We don't want to have a thousand different affiliates, so we will be selective.)
Last edited by ty_tay on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:55 am

Stamps
(by Venus :D )
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1634581][img]http://i46.tinypic.com/ws0oi1.png[/img][/url]

Gift linearts
    Here you can find a list of the gift linearts people have generously created for us to use.

There are currently none. If you make a gift lineart please let us know and well put a link to it here :D
Last edited by ty_tay on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wednesdays » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 am

yaaaay :DD
    Should we open up artist & mod slots?/ :D
    We need some staff lolol/
i used to be venus
wednesdays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 4kcuo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am

I'm just gonna sit here and fawn over the amazingness
      These are like everything I ever wanted in a species
      I shall be stalking eue
with school in full swing i'm likely going to be mobile-only except on weekends, sorry guys!!

[ da ] [ tumblr ] [ toyhou.se ]
you can call me cuo if you'd like!
i love to draw!! & i adore art trades! hmu
4kcuo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wednesdays » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks, Arachnid :D
i used to be venus
wednesdays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Thank you Arachnid :D

The first adoptable Tohopka is up :)

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:37 am

bump

ImageImage

RP/Characters - X - VoK
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me