Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Galaxies by welcome to carnival.

Artist welcome to carnival. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Galaxies

Postby welcome to carnival. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 am

call back the cap-com
tick off the time-bomb
let felicity fly
armour the airlock
blanket the bedrock
and kiss the planet goodbye

Owl City - Galaxies

now that i see the drawing like this i had to think of that song ^^ i luff owl city <33 ;D
well this is a little different than my usual style and actually i was drawing a pic of katniss and harry and this was supposed to be the backgrond but both just looked terrible together so i thought i'd post it seperately :D
critism appreciated!! :D
_____
_____
__________h a h a _____ h i h i _____ h o h o
ImageImage
welcome to carnival.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Galaxies

Postby Potassium » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 am

I love this picture! The only criticism would be to make the sky darker to see the beautiful stars you did better.
Potassium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:10 am

I personally love the softness of it, gives it a really mystical feel.
If you'd put a darker sky, the mystical-ness of the picture would be almost completely lost.
The whole combination is beautiful, any lighter or darker, and it would've ruined a part of the picture somehow.
So I think you balanced the colours almost perfectly.
I love the way you did the picture, it looks quite magestic, and mystical.
It kind of reminds me of a child's feel of the world, they find everything so wonderful and magical, and older people want to make things 'realistic' and such, which makes the thing lose what makes it special usually.
(Unless you capture the realistic part so wonderfully that it becomes magical.:3)
This to me shows how we should look at the world, as a wonderful, beautiful place filled with wonder.<3

Which is why I liked the pic, and I'm going to stalk your art now. :D

One tiny bit of criticism though:
It might be a good idea to change the stars into less firefly like objects, they look a bit like fireflies to me, and not so much star-like. But that's just me. Something that might fix that could be the dodge tool? I don't know if that'd give the right effect though, it might upset the picture in the process too. But if it bothers you, you could just experiment around with that, to get the right effect to make the stars more like stars.
Also, the stars don't really look random, like the picture doesn't look like it continues past the frame, and it is a picture of the sky so...I don't know, it is just something I thought I should point out, to make it even more perfect. I think this is because none of the stars are actually on the edge of the picture so maybe adding one or two right near the edge would make it look a bit better in looking like it continues on past the frame.
However, you might not want it to look like it continues past the frame.:)
But seriously, these are tiny criticisms. Especially in comparison with the so many positives.
So while I think it's good for you to know these small points, these small faults don't ruin the picture or anything, it is amazing just the way it is.
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby welcome to carnival. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:26 am

that really touched me :'33 <333 thank you so much (both of you ^^ =D)!! <333 :33333
_____
_____
ImageImage
welcome to carnival.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:28 am

~ThisIsTheFuture~ wrote:that really touched me :'33 <333 thank you so much (both of you ^^ =D)!! <333 :33333

I'm glad!:D
You're welcome! I wish I could draw like you can.<3
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby welcome to carnival. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:35 am

you're really sweet; thank you :333 <3 ...i just saw the critsm! xD ^^ don't be scared to make it bigger; i love critism; otherwise i wouldn't impove and nearly no one ever gives critsm... ^^ :D so thank you for that too <333
and i'll maybe fix it but not now since i still gotta do my homework ^^ ;D
_____
_____
ImageImage
welcome to carnival.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 am

~ThisIsTheFuture~ wrote:you're really sweet; thank you :333 <3 ...i just saw the critsm! xD ^^ don't be scared to make it bigger; i love critism; otherwise i wouldn't impove and nearly no one ever gives critsm... ^^ :D so thank you for that too <333
and i'll maybe fix it but not now since i still gotta do my homework ^^ ;D

Thanks.:3

lol, yeah...I saw my post and I was like 'oh my gosh, I sound like one of those people who never say a bad thing...D:' so I decided to add in the small criticisms I had discovered beforehand.
I made it small because I was nervous you'd get upset. Since some people are like 'oh yay! give me criticism!' then they hate you for saying one small thing that they could improve on...:(
I KNOW, everyone seems to think giving constructive criticism is bad, just because most people can't tell the difference between good and bad criticism. Then there are many people who don't like any sort of criticism. So people play it safe by saying nothing.
I find that SO frustrating myself, so I do try (when I sometimes post on something like this) to give a bit of constructive criticism, otherwise noone will get better, and the talent is wasted. Which is a shame.
I love to get criticism myself, so long as it's helpful, and not someone just going "I hate u. U lame & stupid." that sort of criticism is just plain rude. Other than that, I love people telling me how I can improve.
So I understand how you feel.:D
(sorry for talking so much...I'm too chatty... :oops: )
Again, you're welcome.:)
I think it's better to just keep it in mind for the next time you do something similar; I don't want you to ruin it by adding too much more to it just because of the comments.

lol, oekaki/roleplaying/whatever/internet in general: The perfect reason to procrastinate doing your homework for a bit. :D
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby welcome to carnival. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 am

xD no i love it when people are talkative!! <33 :D
lol i always find something better to do than homework xD maybe that's also why i'm so bad at school . . . x)
and i commented one of your drawings; with (hopefully constructive) critsm C: :D
_____
_____
ImageImage
welcome to carnival.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:25 am

But that doesn't change the fact that I talk too much.:P
Even housework (washing dishes, vacumning, washing clothes, stuff like that) sometimes seems more interesting than homework.XD
Oooh yay! (I don't think I've ever got criticism before on this site for my art actually...o.O)
Thank you! I shall go find that comment of yours.:D

Now I shall stop spamming your beautiful artwork.
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me