Drawing sessions 6
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by cocoa

by cocoa

Andra Kori (Species Entry)

Postby cocoa » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:37 pm

I added you to the lines so you can see the baby and teen lines

Yet again, I'm entering this species in a competition. The timer is off by probably around 5 or 10 minutes. There are also child lines and teen lines that come with the bundle, some BGs I added, flames, and wings for the special subspecies. This species is old, I made it about one year ago after school. ^^ Here are the original drawings of it; here,here, and here. Also, here are some other lines I recently made of them; link. I'll also post the information I wrote up for the species I while ago. Prepare to read. XD

LAYER OUTLINE
0.Cover
0.Siggie <-- (DO NOT REMOVE)
1. Eyes
a. eye shine
b. eye stuff
c. eye color
d. eye whites
2. Child Lines
a. child highlights
b. child shading
c. child color
3. Teen Lines
a. teen highlights
b. teen shading
c. teen color
4. Adult Lines
a. adult highlights
b. adult shading
c. adult color
5. Fires & Other
a. adult fire
b. teen fire
c. child fire
d. sub wings
f. sub wings shade
g?. sub wings color
6. Backgrounds
a. shadow
b. dead tree
c. rocky plain
d. forest bg
-Blank, Remove for Trans-

Darkbraken wrote:About the average Andra Kori
~
Colors

Andras come in a variety of colors. Normally, they are found in many shades of gray, black, white, brown, cream, and tan colors. But sometimes they can be more rusty or dull reds and blues. Dark, army greens and purples can be marking colors, but never the main color. Oranges, yellows, and any other colors not mentioned can only be eye colors.

Daily Life

Andras are solitary and only band together when in war. Red, orange, and yellow flames sometimes band together and are called "Bursts" because they usually set fire to forests to keep the community clear of debris and alive. They are carnivores and eat only meat and must have around 50 pounds of meat per two weeks to stay alive. Andras main food source is moose and deer, but if there is none of that, they will go to hunting down other predators of the forest. They sleep in trees and live in forests all around the world, but sometimes live in mountains or wander into the treeless hills. They never go anywhere near humans, but if humans somehow find them, they tuck their ears and wings into their fur and quickly walk away and try to get their tails in the bushes. If one was ever caught, their magic could be manipulated to the human's will and the world would be a very, very, very dreadful place.

Breeding

Andra Koris have to breed to keep the species going. Like with most animals, their mating and breeding season is spring. In the start of spring, males start looking for mates and usually show off there fire and fighting skills to attract females. Once a male and female have bred, it will take about three months for the baby to born. Usually there are only two babies, but there can be a rare three. Once the babies are born, the father stays with the mother until late winter, and depart from the mother. Most of the time they won't see each other again, but the male may mate with the female again.

Features

Ears:
The first set of ears, closest to skull, are fake. They are actually horns that could easily do some life threatening injuries to you. There is light-colored fur(always light colored, never the same as the main pelt color) around the horns, which hides the horns. The other set sits by the horns, and are very flexible and can easily move around to locate sounds better.

"Piercers":
The bone that sticks out of the Andra Kori's legs is called a piercer. The bone is similar to a reindeer's antlers, but more closely related to a cat's claw. They can make it slide back into their skin, just like their claws, so when they are not in battle they don't stab themselves. When young, Andras are trained by their mothers and fathers on how to fight with their piercers without hurting themselves. It usually takes years of training to master the art; those who are left untrained usually end up accidentally killing themselves.

Long Claws:
Their long claws help catch prey and climb trees by digging the curved black claws into the bark. They love to climb and even sleep in trees. When sleeping they keep there claws out and dig them into the bark and also curve there tails around the branch. Most Andra Kori's find this more comfortable and safe.

Poison-Tipped:
Every piercer or bone outside of the body has poison on it. Well, on the tip of every bone is a black poison that seeps from a tiny hole from the tip of the bone. Inside each bone is a large store of poison to last an Andra Kori a lifetime. The poison is completely harmless to other Andra Kori's and themselves, so it is usually used for enemies or catching prey.

Tiny Wings:
The tiny wings help Andras glide lightly across the ground, but you can do no serious flying with them. These really come in handy when they accidentally fall off a cliff(yes, Andras are quite reckless like that), so then they can glide to the bottom. A very rare species of Andra Kori have the same type of wings ''floating'' above there back so they can just regularly fly for a few minutes. The ''floating''' is really an invisible energy connecting to the body and the wings. This is why the back wings are so rare.

Long Tail:
Andra Kori's long tail helps when a Andra is in desperate need of balance. It also can help keep them warm in winter by wrapping their tails around there body.

Long Fur:
Their fur is hollow, which makes them lighter and easier to glide. They are kept cool in the summer by tiny pores opening in each hair and bringing in cool air and letting out hot air. They can also close the hollow fur pores to keep warm air in during the winter.

Magic

Fire
Fire is their life energy. When born, they are engulfed in flames which announces "Hey, I'm alive and living well! Yay!". The flames die out until only the tip of their tail is lit, similar to Charmander in Pokemon. Some flame colors are rarer than others, such as turquoise which is extremely rare. More common colors are orange, yellow, and red. If some of the fire goes out, that means the Andra is becoming weaker/aging or dying. Besides that, the fire is what gives a Andra magic; depending on how rare the flame's color is, it gives off more magic or less. The flame's color also tells you what type of magic, such as for regular old blue fire, the magic is that you can control water, or for green, which controls the earth. Their flame's color also determines part of their personality.

Possibilities of Fire
This list goes from most common to rarest. The first one is an example.*=same rarity with one above
Flame: Power, Personality trait(s)
Red: Ability to create the reddest part of fire, reckless
Orange: Ability to create the orange part of fire, less reckless
Yellow: Ability to create the yellow part of fire, more likely to disagree to most reckless things
(It takes a red, orange, and yellow to create fire. For this reason, they usually live together unlike most Andras).
Green: Ability to take control of plants, calm and kind
Blue: Ability to summon water and manipulate it, wise and focused
Purple: Ability to make things more beautiful, showoff and picky
Brown: Ability to control the earth and start earthquakes, shy but when pestered they explode
Gold: Ability to create any type or form of money, greedy and rich
White: Creator of snow and ice, pure and unscathed from darkness or greed
*Light: Able to create light, loving and sweet
*Darkness: Able to create darkness, evil and dark
Turquoise: Ability to stop wars and use both green and blue's powers(turquoise's insight on two flames bring him to see the truth of wars and fights) , peacemaker
Crimson: Ability to continue the flow of blood in a body or heal a wound, helpful healers but can sometimes be insane physcos.

Rules of Magic
The Andras have set rules around Magic to stop the world from being destroyed. In those rules, Andras are only to use their magic for emergencies or in wars. Magic is allowed to help other beings, but using it for destruction means immediate banishment to the Core of the Earth, which kills most of them unless they use their magic to survive. There is said to be no way out, magic or not, but it is only "said"...

Effects of the Flame
The flame does not burn or damage any living or inanimate beings. The fire is a life source and is made of pure magic. It is said if you look into someone else's flame for too long, you lose your mind and become broken between your true self and their flame. When using magic, an Andra's paws and eyes light with their fire for as long as they are summoning or maintaining a spell.

~Darkbraken~

Last bumped by cocoa on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:37 pm.
cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me